Four arrested in four Mafia killings that targeted Rizzuto clan

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: Four arrested in four Mafia killings that targeted Rizzuto clan

Post by OcSleeper »

From an August 6th article.
“Sal and Andrew were real bandits,” the informant said of the Scoppa brothers. “They were in the Mafia. Andrew was a guy at the table (of decision-makers) and Sal was a guy in the Mafia. They imported drugs and trafficked in drugs."
From an August 9th article.
During his testimony, the ex-hitman explained that at the time of the murders, in 2016, Andrew Scoppa and Victor Mirarchi were together, that Salvatore Scoppa was at a higher level, but that there were "Quarrels" between these Calabrians.
From yesterday's article.
“He was the guy who could incriminate everyone (in several murders). He was the guy who introduced me to everyone, who brought me to the table. (He) is part of the Mafia. I am not part of the Mafia and he is in the Mafia. Why didn’t they give me the chance to prove everything (the accomplice) told me,”
Of course this couldn't just be straight forward and simple for all of us :lol:
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:58 am From an August 6th article.
“Sal and Andrew were real bandits,” the informant said of the Scoppa brothers. “They were in the Mafia. Andrew was a guy at the table (of decision-makers) and Sal was a guy in the Mafia. They imported drugs and trafficked in drugs."
During his testimony, the ex-hitman explained that at the time of the murders, in 2016, Andrew Scoppa and Victor Mirarchi were together, that Salvatore Scoppa was at a higher level, but that there were "Quarrels" between these Calabrians.
“He was the guy who could incriminate everyone (in several murders). He was the guy who introduced me to everyone, who brought me to the table. (He) is part of the Mafia. I am not part of the Mafia and he is in the Mafia. Why didn’t they give me the chance to prove everything (the accomplice) told me,”
Yeah, it’s hard to parse everything.

From what I gather: Andrew Scoppa was involved with the leadership of the mafia in Montreal for a while, he was close to Vito Rizzuto and Steve Sollecito, even though he didn’t really get along with the latter.

But then Leonardo Rizzuto and Steve Sauce were got on that wiretap around 2017 discussing if Sal Scoppa should be killed. When he tapes came out, Sal Scoppa went to war against the so called Sicilian faction, killing Rocco Sollecito, Lorenzo Giordano, etc. They failed to kill Leonardo Rizzuto and Steve Sauce because they were in jail during that time period.

The Calabrian faction seems to have been led by Sal Scoppa, Andrew Scoppa, and Vittorio Mariachi. Mariachi was a projege of Reynald Dejardins, who obviously led the original coup a decade prior.

I think I remember reading that Andrew and Sal Scoppa didn’t always get along, which complicates things further. But, Andrew seems to have been on the side against Steve Sauce during the war, based on what he said in that book. And it’s even more complicated with the informant claiming that Sal is apparently higher up in the mafia than Andrew.

Then the informants are stating that Mariachi and the Scoppas wanted to kill each other after they eliminated the Sicilians, which makes these alliances even more tenuous and confusing. Just like how Dejardins and Montagna teamed up against the Rizzutos, before they turned on each other.

It’s confusing, but it’s really interesting the information that Mariachi was aligned with the Scoppas. Before this recent trial, I don’t believe anyone on the forum knew that. I think the consensus was he was just laying low and/or had made peace with the Sicilians. This gives a whole lot more context to Dejardins already having a hit list when he got out of jail recently.

As to Mariachi being with the Ndrangheta, I think they said it was through marriage? If this were true, then maybe the Montreal Calabrian faction had alliances in Toronto or at least was trying to build them. Didn’t they say that the Scoppas were sending word back to Italy about things? Maybe there are connections back to Calabria that haven’t been revealed yet.

I need a drink.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... spects.php

A real climate of paranoia reigned among the suspects.
▪︎Brad Pitt asked the hitman to kill Mary-Josée Viau because he believed she worked for the SQ. In one of the infiltration scenarios that the informant recorded with her, she said she's civip engineering technician and she didn't work for them but was offered a job for the sewers and water pipes of the Bordeaux Prison  which she is currently being held in.
▪︎The informant said in 2017 Brad Pitt wanted him to kill people who were important to Sal Scoppa's  organization including a person named Pacer, and two others with the nickname BM (Arsène Mompoint) and Jedi.
▪︎In 2018 Sal Scoppa asked the informant to kidnap Brad Pitt.“Sal [Salvatore Scoppa] asked us to pick up Brad Pitt and put him in a mat and bring him, so he could torture him a bit. He was ready to give $100,000 or $200,000 for Brad Pitt, ”said the informant, adding that Charlie Renda was also offering $100,000 for Brad Pitt
▪︎The accused was suppose to receive $10k for the Falduto brothers murder from Brad Pitt. Instead they only received a bottle of wine.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

From Twitter, where someone asked Daniel Renaud about the identities of Brad Pitt and the hitman/informant:

bru_lander (@Brusk DeJake)

Will it ever be revealed who Brad Pitt or the informant is? https://twitter.com/bru_lander/status/1 ... 07748?s=27

DanielRenaud13 (@Daniel Renaud)

The informant no. Brad Pitt yes...one of these days. https://twitter.com/danielrenaud13/stat ... 09633?s=27
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

stubbs wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:38 am
OcSleeper wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:58 am From an August 6th article.
Yeah, it’s hard to parse everything.

From what I gather: Andrew Scoppa was involved with the leadership of the mafia in Montreal for a while, he was close to Vito Rizzuto and Steve Sollecito, even though he didn’t really get along with the latter.

But then Leonardo Rizzuto and Steve Sauce were got on that wiretap around 2017 discussing if Sal Scoppa should be killed. When he tapes came out, Sal Scoppa went to war against the so called Sicilian faction, killing Rocco Sollecito, Lorenzo Giordano, etc. They failed to kill Leonardo Rizzuto and Steve Sauce because they were in jail during that time period.

The Calabrian faction seems to have been led by Sal Scoppa, Andrew Scoppa, and Vittorio Mariachi. Mariachi was a projege of Reynald Dejardins, who obviously led the original coup a decade prior.

I think I remember reading that Andrew and Sal Scoppa didn’t always get along, which complicates things further. But, Andrew seems to have been on the side against Steve Sauce during the war, based on what he said in that book. And it’s even more complicated with the informant claiming that Sal is apparently higher up in the mafia than Andrew.

Then the informants are stating that Mariachi and the Scoppas wanted to kill each other after they eliminated the Sicilians, which makes these alliances even more tenuous and confusing. Just like how Dejardins and Montagna teamed up against the Rizzutos, before they turned on each other.

It’s confusing, but it’s really interesting the information that Mariachi was aligned with the Scoppas. Before this recent trial, I don’t believe anyone on the forum knew that. I think the consensus was he was just laying low and/or had made peace with the Sicilians. This gives a whole lot more context to Dejardins already having a hit list when he got out of jail recently.

As to Mariachi being with the Ndrangheta, I think they said it was through marriage? If this were true, then maybe the Montreal Calabrian faction had alliances in Toronto or at least was trying to build them. Didn’t they say that the Scoppas were sending word back to Italy about things? Maybe there are connections back to Calabria that haven’t been revealed yet.

I need a drink.
My take on Italy, is that Italy is interchangeable with Toronto, which would mean Ndrangheta. It was the signifigant development in the Figliomeni arrest. That Toronto and Calabria were linked to the point that the leadership in Toronto had temporary authority over the most senior Siderno people free on the streets.

I've always felt Ndrangheta was involved, it's never been clear exactly in what fashion.

Miriarchi has always been a key figure to me.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

So when they say, recognition by the Mafia in Toronto and Italy, this could simply be a go ahead from the Figliomenis. They would have, at that point, been the representatives of the Toronto Siderno group, as well as the most senior members of the Siderno Locale free in the streets.... hence..... recognition from Toronto and Italy.......
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I always thought the commissos were the biggest around here but around the time that was happening the commissos were having trouble with the caruana-cuntreras/the Wolfpack so it may have let the figliomenis have the top spot.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

L’ex-tueur à gages dit avoir été victime d’au moins six tentatives de meurtre

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... eurtre.php
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Brad Pitt tried to eliminate the informant on July 16, 2015, near a halfway house he was staying at. But the killer shot the wrong person. “I always took different paths every time I left the halfway house to go to work because I knew I was going to get screwed."
Do you think he's mistaken on the date? The other day he mentioned being able to give info on the murder of "a man killed in front of a halfway house," who chin thought might be Mario Bourgeois. He was killed in front of a halfway house but this took place in February 11, 2015.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Informant in Montreal Mafia murder trial says several attempts were made on his life.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... n-his-life
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

What’s the story with the Falduto brothers, who were they and why was it so important for them to be killed, until this trial I had never heard of them?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

John W wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:24 am What’s the story with the Falduto brothers, who were they and why was is so important for them to be killed, until this trial I had never heard of them?
Actually, I second this..
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

This article mentions them as being connected to Marco Pizzi and from the informants testimony he says the Scoppas and Mirarchi wanted to take out as many people connected to the Sicilians as possible. He also said he refused to kill the Falduto brothers up until he found out they were plotting to kill him because they had mutual friends. So they were or would would-be hitmen for the Sicilians.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... rs-in-past
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote:Informant in Montreal Mafia murder trial says several attempts were made on his life.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... n-his-life
Son complice a tenté de le tuer six fois:

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2021/08/20/ ... six-fois-1