Benny

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Benny

Post by CornerBoy »

Benny Geritano- who stabbed cousin mark (mark iacono the lucali's guy) who was employing big dom

His step father = shorty mascuszzio the gotti guy- anyone know anything about him?

His father preston geritano- can someone tell me if Antoinettes brother killed him or was it the Genovese- any info on him would be appreciated.

Any info on any of this shit would be appreciated.

Thank you very much guys
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
eboli
Full Patched

Re: Benny

Post by eboli »

Anthony 'Shorty' Mascuzzio was a close friend of Gotti Sr. and considered part of his inner circle. He was involved in extortion, juice collecting - that sort of thing. On June 17, 1987, he was shaking down the owners 'Bedrox', a nightclub on West 49th in Manhattan. Things got heated, Mascuzzio started pistol-whipping people and the owner wrestled the gun out of his hands and shot him twice, killing him. At the time of his death, Mascuzzio was wearing a big 'Rolex' watch. Years later, his son Tony got jumped and beaten up by a group of people at a McDonald's parking lot for the same watch. As his mother eloquently put it: 'Nine n*ggers, they smacked my son around. They were trying to kill him for his 'Rolex' watch.'

If I remember correctly, Benny's Preston Geritano's nephew, not his son. Preston died because he had a long-standing beef with his brother-in-law, Andrew Gargiulo, over money. Geritano was looking for Gargiulo with a stickball bat. Gargiulo, who wasn't known as a violent person, stabbed and killed him on the street in front of Amici after Geritano escalated the situation. To my knowledge, this wasn't related to the Genovese. This happened more than a decade after the whole beef between Geritano and Boriello from the early 1990s, when Preston and his other nephew - Vinny - were wrongly considered prime suspects in the shooting.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Great info! Thanks, if you have anything else on these guys and fortunato pls lemme know how fortunato is involved w these guys. Thanks again
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

CornerBoy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:40 pm Great info! Thanks, if you have anything else on these guys and fortunato pls lemme know how fortunato is involved w these guys. Thanks again
Mario Fortunato? The bakery owner who got his conviction overturned when he was allegedly involved with shooting Cookie D'Urso?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Mascuzzio's son seemed like an interesting guy. Always wondered who he was on record with . I swear I remember reading somewhere that him and his brother (another Mascuzzio, not Geritano) were Trucchio crew associates but I could be wrong, especially since they were from Carrol Gardens, South BK guys.

Also remember reading that he was the son in law of a Genovese Capo from that neighborhood. The only Genovese guys I can think of from that area are Alan Longo, Frank Ilano, and Steven Arena... so I'm leaning toward maybe its Arena.

they had to sue to city to get that Rolex back after he was arrested one time. But I wonder if he was on record with anyone and had to kick up any of that heist money? Biggest bank scores in NYC history in terms of $$ IIRC. That kid did it big
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

newera_212 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:46 pm Mascuzzio's son seemed like an interesting guy. Always wondered who he was on record with . I swear I remember reading somewhere that him and his brother (another Mascuzzio, not Geritano) were Trucchio crew associates but I could be wrong, especially since they were from Carrol Gardens, South BK guys.

Also remember reading that he was the son in law of a Genovese Capo from that neighborhood. The only Genovese guys I can think of from that area are Alan Longo, Frank Ilano, and Steven Arena... so I'm leaning toward maybe its Arena.

they had to sue to city to get that Rolex back after he was arrested one time. But I wonder if he was on record with anyone and had to kick up any of that heist money? Biggest bank scores in NYC history in terms of $$ IIRC. That kid did it big
Mascuzzio Jr. is married to Steve Arena's daughter. He's still in the can for the bank job. I wonder if they're gonna get him made when he gets out in a couple of years. He looks like the type the modern mob loves. Anthony and his other brother, Jonatan Mascuzzio, were pinched alongside Trucchio crew members for narcotics trafficking and transporting stolen goods.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

eboli wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:38 am
newera_212 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:46 pm Mascuzzio's son seemed like an interesting guy. Always wondered who he was on record with . I swear I remember reading somewhere that him and his brother (another Mascuzzio, not Geritano) were Trucchio crew associates but I could be wrong, especially since they were from Carrol Gardens, South BK guys.

Mascuzzio Jr. is married to Steve Arena's daughter. He's still in the can for the bank job. I wonder if they're gonna get him made when he gets out in a couple of years. He looks like the type the modern mob loves. Anthony and his other brother, Jonatan Mascuzzio, were pinched alongside Trucchio crew members for narcotics trafficking and transporting stolen goods.
Ahh so it is Arena, thank you. Definitely seems like this kid was on the path since a young age.

Those bank jobs were pretty fucked up because of the amount of priceless family heirloom shit they inadvertently stole and ultimately threw away...or, at least, didn't return to owner lol. But at the same time, what they did was pretty insane for this day and age. Even 5-6 years ago there were cameras everywhere. Putting up a plywood shed on the roof of a bank one of Queens' most trafficked streets and cutting into the roof is fuckin crazy. It's almost unbelievable they were able to get away with what they did. We can pretty much thank the feds for that though... the feds let these guys hit more banks, let more family heirlooms and valuables get washed away, just so they can build a bigger case and try to connect it to LCN. They were sitting on these guys for over a year and followed them to and from a job. Think about how many guys that hit banks get jammed up by regular cops. But since these guys were loosely connected to LCN the feds took it over and let them operate for a couple years. If I were a victim of one of the later banks they hit, I'd be furious

on another note I'm pretty sure the actress Vanessa Ferlito from Tarantino's "Death Proof" is related to these guys too
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:31 am Those bank jobs were pretty fucked up because of the amount of priceless family heirloom shit they inadvertently stole and ultimately threw away...or, at least, didn't return to owner lol. But at the same time, what they did was pretty insane for this day and age. Even 5-6 years ago there were cameras everywhere. Putting up a plywood shed on the roof of a bank one of Queens' most trafficked streets and cutting into the roof is fuckin crazy. It's almost unbelievable they were able to get away with what they did. We can pretty much thank the feds for that though... the feds let these guys hit more banks, let more family heirlooms and valuables get washed away, just so they can build a bigger case and try to connect it to LCN. They were sitting on these guys for over a year and followed them to and from a job. Think about how many guys that hit banks get jammed up by regular cops. But since these guys were loosely connected to LCN the feds took it over and let them operate for a couple years. If I were a victim of one of the later banks they hit, I'd be furious
It's baffling. The feds captured on video the whole operation. They even had Mancuzzio buying plywood sheets in Walmart. He was even on supervised release from his previous sentence and despite all the evidence; he received a reduced sentence.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

newera_212 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:35 pm
CornerBoy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:40 pm Great info! Thanks, if you have anything else on these guys and fortunato pls lemme know how fortunato is involved w these guys. Thanks again
Mario Fortunato? The bakery owner who got his conviction overturned when he was allegedly involved with shooting Cookie D'Urso?
that's the guy.......
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

CornerBoy wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:35 am
that's the guy.......
Well, he was sentenced to life and served a couple of years before the conviction was overturned. He was initially sentenced for his alleged involvement in the murder of Genovese associate and loanshark Sabato 'Tino' Lombardi. Lombardi was Michael 'Cookie' D'Urso's cousin. In 1994, Fortunato and Carmine Polito lured Lombardi to a card game at the San Giuseppe Social Club, located at 420 Graham Avenue in Brooklyn. At the time, it was a popular Genovese hangout. Fortunato was murdered and D'Urso was shot in the head, but survived. The reason for the murder was because Polito wanted to get out of repaying a 60k debt. Fortunato received 300k for his unjust conviction.
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Fortunato was fortunate.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

CornerBoy wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:35 am
that's the guy.......
FWIW i have a family member who is friends with him (this is as 'connected' to 'fresh street talk' I'll probably ever be in my life) who says that Mario was never connected to LCN and was in the wrong place in the wrong time regarding the shooting. He swears that he was just playing cards there and a shooting broke out. He's supposedly super wealthy with real estate and owns a lot of property in williamsburg around the bakery. He's the type of guy to only hang around old timers (he's pretty old himself) and Italians, versus Italian-Americans. Does favors for the small amount of old italians left in the neighborhood and hosts dinners for them sometimes. Apparently there was an italian club (like a knights of columbus or something like that) upstate close to where he was locked up, and they had an Italian brodcast on local radio, so since he's been released he's donated to them, kept in touch with them, even thought they're all the way upstate.

I don't know how true him never being involved with LCN is but from somebody who knows him, he's a legit, super old school, super Italian guy who's probably connected loosely just from being active in the community. He has an apartment above the bakery that's been converted into a large dining room. I think his kids, who are grown, run the bakery. He has to be very old now

Interesting that he's supposedly not involved but the other guy involved in the shooting is a Capo now. Don't know what that says
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Fortunato was killed???
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

CornerBoy wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:02 am Fortunato was killed???
Noooooo, I made a mistake typing it. Lombardi was killed, D'Urso was shot, but survived. Fortunato's conviction for setting them up was overturned. :lol:
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Just met Mario today. He was a gentleman.