Robbery in the Bronx

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Robbery in the Bronx

Post by Moscone65 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny.com ... /10930125/

Poor guy, what son a bitch robs a 91 year old man…

Anyways, was this a robbery gone wrong to something else? Thoughts? Also, does anyone know if this Nicholas guy was a loanshark? He was old but maybe he had money on the street and other people collected.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Re: Robbery in the Bronx

Post by NJShore4Life »

If I had to bet it was probably Black or Hispanic thugs who saw an easy mark, followed the guy home when he flashed his wad at a store. That area of the Bronx isn’t too far removed from the animals.

-Dante
Toreno
Associate

Post by Toreno »

Yes, it's a sad loss, but it's the bronx, do not expect hugs nor professionalism ... Sad to say that.
“Someday, A Real Rain Will Come And Wash All This Scum Off The Streets.”
elasticman
On Record

Post by elasticman »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:48 pm If I had to bet it was probably Black or Hispanic thugs who saw an easy mark, followed the guy home when he flashed his wad at a store. That area of the Bronx isn’t too far removed from the animals.

-Dante
I think I seen a couple of n*****s running that way.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:48 pm If I had to bet it was probably Black or Hispanic thugs who saw an easy mark, followed the guy home when he flashed his wad at a store. That area of the Bronx isn’t too far removed from the animals.

-Dante
Why not white thugs?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

This happened in Pelham Gardens, which is one of the nicer and more affluent sections of the Bronx. I had actually just been on the block over from where this happened the morning after when I read about it. Given the old guy’s surname, Rappa, I had naturally wondered if he had been a connected guy, but I don’t see any reason to assume that was a factor here. I think it’s probably just a robbery that went wrong and/or some sick fuck decided to kill the old guy. Apparently he was mugged in front of his house earlier this year also. As it’s a more affluent area, you will sometimes see criminals roaming around to target people living there. Its the Bronx, of course, and while it’s a beautiful little oasis of an area it is near much higher crime neighborhoods.

I’ve heard that police were searching for suspects who were posing as ConEd workers. If so, there have certainly been other robberies (including violent home invasions) in the Bronx where the perps put on uniforms and posed as utility or delivery workers. Gotta be careful out there, look out for your neighbors as much as you can, especially the elderly, women, and kids.

Incidentally, if you check the current thread on Louis Gigante, you’ll note that Antonio Tolisano lived right around the corner (on Astor) from where this old guy was killed.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Toreno
Associate

Post by Toreno »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:38 pm This happened in Pelham Gardens, which is one of the nicer and more affluent sections of the Bronx. I had actually just been on the block over from where this happened the morning after when I read about it. Given the old guy’s surname, Rappa, I had naturally wondered if he had been a connected guy, but I don’t see any reason to assume that was a factor here. I think it’s probably just a robbery that went wrong and/or some sick fuck decided to kill the old guy. Apparently he was mugged in front of his house earlier this year also. As it’s a more affluent area, you will sometimes see criminals roaming around to target people living there. Its the Bronx, of course, and while it’s a beautiful little oasis of an area it is near much higher crime neighborhoods.

I’ve heard that police were searching for suspects who were posing as ConEd workers. If so, there have certainly been other robberies (including violent home invasions) in the Bronx where the perps put on uniforms and posed as utility or delivery workers. Gotta be careful out there, look out for your neighbors as much as you can, especially the elderly, women, and kids.

Incidentally, if you check the current thread on Louis Gigante, you’ll note that Antonio Tolisano lived right around the corner (on Astor) from where this old guy was killed.
Thank you for the clarification!
“Someday, A Real Rain Will Come And Wash All This Scum Off The Streets.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:30 pm

-Dante
Why not white thugs?
probably because he intuitively understands probability based on crime stats
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Ivan wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:29 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:30 pm

-Dante
Why not white thugs?
probably because he intuitively understands probability based on crime stats

Yeah about 90-90+% of the violent crime in NYC is committed by non-Whites.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

From the looks of the surveillance photos the perps don’t appear to be black. Maybe Hispanic white. Idk, but regardless of their race, the guys who killed Nicolo Rampa are cowards. Killing a 91 year old man is nearly as bad as killing a toddler. He was completely defenseless :x
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

slimshady_007 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:41 pm From the looks of the surveillance photos the perps don’t appear to be black. Maybe Hispanic white. Idk, but regardless of their race, the guys who killed Nicolo Rampa are cowards. Killing a 91 year old man is nearly as bad as killing a toddler. He was completely defenseless :x
And per neighbors, taking care of his 90+ year old wife. They should rot, the animals (couldn’t care less what color or whatever they happen to be).
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:59 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:41 pm From the looks of the surveillance photos the perps don’t appear to be black. Maybe Hispanic white. Idk, but regardless of their race, the guys who killed Nicolo Rampa are cowards. Killing a 91 year old man is nearly as bad as killing a toddler. He was completely defenseless :x
And per neighbors, taking care of his 90+ year old wife. They should rot, the animals (couldn’t care less what color or whatever they happen to be).
Wow… what a tragedy. Whoever killed Rampa will likely get caught, and once they hit Rikers Island, that’s when they’ll get their comeuppance. I doubt that inmates will approve of the perps’ charges. Robbing & killing an old man isn’t gangster at all.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Those inmates couldn't care less.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

https://nypost.com/2021/08/09/cops-coll ... -in-bronx/

Assuming that this is the actual perp, glad to have this POS off the streets. I look out for my 90+ YO neighbor and the thought of someone doing this to them that is beyond sickening.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Hopefully that’s the guy, piece of shit.