Who takes over after Vic Amuso passes?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Who takes over after Vic Amuso passes?

Post by TommyNoto »

Pmac2 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:14 pm Think d'arco said in his book crea was i forget. He did say louie bagels was inducted with him. So desantis has been acting boss for 4yrs. The feds would have indicted him on something

I think RICO statute of limitations is 5 years so if they have something on him , I’m assuming we will see indictments shortly
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

That is only if he removes himself from the conspiracy..if he is still involved in it there is no limitations.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Browniety86 wrote:
nizarsoccer wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:09 am
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 pm
nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:17 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:54 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:56 pm Amuso’s son in law is another likely candidate.
Agreed. Seems very likely to get an admin position
Really? J.P. said he actively avoids any responsibility. He could be at least a capo tomorrow if he wants to, but is content with being a soldier.
DiBenedetto isnt a captain now? I was under the impression he was...
Maybe he is now, I'm not sure - but I guess his personality/lack of ambition might not be conducive to a Boss position based on J.P.'s comments/impression of him up until 2018.
As if John Pennisi is in any position to judge the merits of a made member...he contributed absolutely nothing to the Lucchese Family by way of earning, rackets or putting in work...
He speaks very highly of DiBenedetto, so your comment doesn't make any sense. He wanted him to start a Queens crew and be captain but DiBenedetto just wants to stay a soldier so it never happened.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

TommyNoto wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:24 am
Pmac2 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:14 pm Think d'arco said in his book crea was i forget. He did say louie bagels was inducted with him. So desantis has been acting boss for 4yrs. The feds would have indicted him on something

I think RICO statute of limitations is 5 years so if they have something on him , I’m assuming we will see indictments shortly
Right - I am not a lawyer but I think it's like 5 years since the most recent predicate act and other predicate acts can be older than 5 years, right?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I don't think there is a time limit on predicate acts if the person has been engaged in the RICO conspiracy within the last 5 years. I'm reminded of one of the Colombo guys in the big 2011 indictment having one of the predicate acts agsinst being selling stolen video games back in like 1994.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

They have to commit at least two predicate acts within ten years of each other, and at least one of them has to have occurred within the last five years. As long as they can prove that a crime was part of an ongoing pattern of racketeering activity, they can go back as far as they want. That's why Vinny Asaro was charged for his involvement in the Lufthansa heist in like 2014.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:31 pm They have to commit at least two predicate acts within ten years of each other, and at least one of them has to have occurred within the last five years. As long as they can prove that a crime was part of an ongoing pattern of racketeering activity, they can go back as far as they want. That's why Vinny Asaro was charged for his involvement in the Lufthansa heist in like 2014.
Thanks bud. That's one powerful statute!
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

aray22 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:18 am
Browniety86 wrote:
slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:56 pm Amuso’s son in law is another likely candidate.
Really? J.P. said he actively avoids any responsibility. He could be at least a capo tomorrow if he wants to, but is content with being a soldier.
Maybe he is now, I'm not sure - but I guess his personality/lack of ambition might not be conducive to a Boss position based on J.P.'s comments/impression of him up until 2018.
As if John Pennisi is in any position to judge the merits of a made member...he contributed absolutely nothing to the Lucchese Family by way of earning, rackets or putting in work...
He speaks very highly of DiBenedetto, so your comment doesn't make any sense. He wanted him to start a Queens crew and be captain but DiBenedetto just wants to stay a soldier so it never happened.
Actually it makes perfect sense...tell me anything John Pennisi did for the Lucchese Family...anything...
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Browniety86 wrote:
aray22 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:18 am
Browniety86 wrote:
Actually it makes perfect sense...tell me anything John Pennisi did for the Lucchese Family...anything...
That's not even what I was alluding to. You acted like he questioned DiBenedetto's abilities and I just pointed out he's always spoke very highly of him and wanted him to be a captain.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:56 pm
newera_212 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:43 pm I remember it was said on the old Boards "Crea has an army of kids in the Bronx"

I remember that, That was that goof Frank C. :lol:

Pogo
100% right and the most annoying poster of all time
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

The guy who played Joe Peeps on The Sopranos says he has like 50 letters from vic amuso. He says Vic always wanted to date his mom.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I remember seeing this video where a Japanese psychology professor wrote this correspondence with amuso and amuso says he looks down on drug addicts and admires the Japanese kamikaze pilots and Japanese culture
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Dave65827 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:25 pm I remember seeing this video where a Japanese psychology professor wrote this correspondence with amuso and amuso says he looks down on drug addicts and admires the Japanese kamikaze pilots and Japanese culture
It was in the latest talking sopranos podcast. He says Amuso talks about cooking lasagna in a cast iron skillet so the edges crust...
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Dave65827 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:25 pm I remember seeing this video where a Japanese psychology professor wrote this correspondence with amuso and amuso says he looks down on drug addicts and admires the Japanese kamikaze pilots and Japanese culture
Remember mafioso on The Real Deal who wrote letters to pretty much everyone and got a bunch of hilarious replies, like when Jerry Chilli wrote back and asked him something like "Why the hell are you writing to people like me? Knock it off."? Also that epic letter from Nicky Scarfo about "leaving the religion to the women and children."
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:58 pm like when Jerry Chilli wrote back and asked him something like "Why the hell are you writing to people like me? Knock it off."
It's a good question.

But at least we learned Scarfo liked wolves and Jack London books.
All roads lead to New York.