Who takes over after Vic Amuso passes?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TSNYC
Straightened out

Re: Who takes over after Vic Amuso passes?

Post by TSNYC »

https://www.villagevoice.com/2020/12/15 ... d-the-mob/

Gives good insight into crea coming up and his clout
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:37 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 pm
nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:17 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:54 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:56 pm Amuso’s son in law is another likely candidate.
Agreed. Seems very likely to get an admin position
Really? J.P. said he actively avoids any responsibility. He could be at least a capo tomorrow if he wants to, but is content with being a soldier.
DiBenedetto isnt a captain now? I was under the impression he was...
I think he did get bumped up after the new administration was put in place
There was talk of maybe starting a crew in Queens to be headed possibly by DiBenedetto but according to Pennisi, DiBenedetto was reluctant to take a position and it never happened (at least while Pennisi was in the loop).

Dellorusso was made a captain when DeSantis became acting boss. Then he was made acting underboss sometime after Pennisi left
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:56 pm Amuso’s son in law is another likely candidate.
Really? J.P. said he actively avoids any responsibility. He could be at least a capo tomorrow if he wants to, but is content with being a soldier.
Maybe he is now, I'm not sure - but I guess his personality/lack of ambition might not be conducive to a Boss position based on J.P.'s comments/impression of him up until 2018.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

nizarsoccer wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:09 am
Maybe he is now, I'm not sure - but I guess his personality/lack of ambition might not be conducive to a Boss position based on J.P.'s comments/impression of him up until 2018.
As if John Pennisi is in any position to judge the merits of a made member...he contributed absolutely nothing to the Lucchese Family by way of earning, rackets or putting in work...
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Browniety86 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:17 am
As if John Pennisi is in any position to judge the merits of a made member...he contributed absolutely nothing to the Lucchese Family by way of earning, rackets or putting in work...
He is in a better position to judge than you or I, unless ur secretly Big John.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

nizarsoccer wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:21 am
Browniety86 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:17 am
He is in a better position to judge than you or I, unless ur secretly Big John.
No I'm Boopsie...here, hold my joint...
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Since this thread verged into discussion about Lucchese captains and DiBenedetto, this is I think everything Pennisi has testified/ written/ talked about so far regarding captain positions during his time as a member:

Brooklyn/ Staten Island

- John Castelucci was captain of the crew that was formerly headed by Domenico Cutaia (it appears all the different Brooklyn crews were consolidated into one at some point under Cutaia)
- Castelucci refused to appoint an acting captain, though he would sometimes use John Cerrella and then Pennisi in this capacity unofficially
- Patrick Dellorusso was promoted to captain when Michael DeSantis became acting boss in 2017
- The plan was to restore a real Brooklyn crew under Dellorusso with the guys who got out of prison and refused to answer to Castelucci
- Pennisi was out of the picture before this plan could be realised
- Because Pennisi was unhappy with being under Castelucci, the new administration wanted to wait a while and then move him to Dellorusso’s crew to make him the acting captain
- This obviously never happened either
- The new administration wanted to give George Zappola an administration position once he got off parole
- Pennisi, Cerrella, and Joseph DiBenedetto talked about starting a Queens crew
- This was nothing more than talk because DiBenedetto did not want to become a captain and was unwilling to go visit Amuso in prison to get permission

Bronx

- Steven Crea Jr and Anthony Santorelli were captains
- Alfred Santorelli was an acting captain (presumably for his father)
- Salvatore DiSimone was also a captain at some point before he died

Long Island

- Carmine Avellino and Joseph DeSena were captains
- When Avellino was indicted, Michael Avellino (Salvatore Avellino’s son) became acting captain
- There was talk of taking Michael Avellino down, but he was also well-liked and Pennisi left the scene before a decision could be made
- Paolo LoDuca was also a captain in Long Island, but Pennisi did not believe he had a crew
- LoDuca served as the liaison to the Sicilian Gambinos

Manhattan

- Dominic Truscello had one of the largest crews in the family
- Tindaro Corso was acting captain for Truscello
- After the 2017 indictments, there was talk of Truscello becoming acting consigliere
- If that happened, Truscello would have wanted Pennisi transferred to his crew to be acting captain
- This never happened and the consigliere position went to Andrew DiSimone

New Jersey

- Ralph Perna was the captain until he got taken down because of a dispute
- Richard DeLuca was promoted to replace him
- Joseph R Perna (Michael Perna’s son) was acting captain for DeLuca
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:37 pm I think he did get bumped up after the new administration was put in place
Where is that information from?

From what I know he wants nothing at all to do with the administration. He could have been a top guy a long time ago but he purposely avoids visits to Amuso because he knows it puts a huge target on his back the same way an administration spot would.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Browniety86 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:27 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:38 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:32 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:00 pm If I remember In the indictments Crea sent the youngest guys he had to commit multiple murder attempts and got his relatively young son involved in a actual successful murder.
I will say this for Stevie...he was ordering hits like it was the 80s if you believe the feds...The Bonanno associate who disrespected him, Mikey Meldish, Sean Richard...dude has some balls in this day and age...
Yeah really stood out to me when I first read it. But what he had like 4-6 people cooperate against him during the trial and got life lmao. But imagine this guy during his prime back in the heyday of the mob in the 1980s and this is what he was doing in the 2010s crazy stuff

Now we gotta wait how long for another guy to get legit clipped. I’m betting it’s going to be a Bonanno or a Colombo since they haven’t done it in awhile and Tedy Persico a supposed hot head is back on the street
When was Crea Sr made? I think I read around '82 before but I'm not sure...who did he come up around?
Same ceremony as D'Arco in 82 I believe, and he came up around - IIRC - the guy Sammy Bones Castaldi (??)
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 am
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:27 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:38 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:32 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:00 pm If I remember In the indictments Crea sent the youngest guys he had to commit multiple murder attempts and got his relatively young son involved in a actual successful murder.
I will say this for Stevie...he was ordering hits like it was the 80s if you believe the feds...The Bonanno associate who disrespected him, Mikey Meldish, Sean Richard...dude has some balls in this day and age...
Yeah really stood out to me when I first read it. But what he had like 4-6 people cooperate against him during the trial and got life lmao. But imagine this guy during his prime back in the heyday of the mob in the 1980s and this is what he was doing in the 2010s crazy stuff

Now we gotta wait how long for another guy to get legit clipped. I’m betting it’s going to be a Bonanno or a Colombo since they haven’t done it in awhile and Tedy Persico a supposed hot head is back on the street
When was Crea Sr made? I think I read around '82 before but I'm not sure...who did he come up around?
Same ceremony as D'Arco in 82 I believe, and he came up around - IIRC - the guy Sammy Bones Castaldi (??)
I was thinking maybe Mikey Salerno but that was just cause of the area and a total guess...
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Crea wasn't made at the same ceremony as D'Arco
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Think d'arco said in his book crea was i forget. He did say louie bagels was inducted with him. So desantis has been acting boss for 4yrs. The feds would have indicted him on something
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

DeSantis if hes not locked up by then..but he could be official in jail while Georgie Neck is his street boss.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I wonder how much time Desantis is looking at in the indictment. Undoubtedly it will be mostly Pennisis info but what could he really give them ? Maybe I’m a little out of loop but it doesn’t look like he had much interactions with him business wise? They probably have other informers actively informing right now and I bet we will see some guys resurface from witsec like Robert Spinelli

Gonna be underwhelming if he just pleads and get 3-5 yrs
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Jp.......if necessary to trial........gonna say nothing.....savvy!!.....don't think he looking to hurt anyone.... Just my opinion......,. GOTTA REMEMBER ..HE IN NO TROUBLE
I been taught to listen to what's not said