Gangster Report - Philly, The Cowboy Chronicles..

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Gangster Report - Philly, The Cowboy Chronicles..

Post by B. »

Ed wrote:
B. wrote: One of the other possible informants from the 1960s would be Peter Maggio or someone close to him. There is a lot of info on Bruno's personal family, involvement with the cheese company, and other stuff that connects to Peter Maggio. Seems that either Maggio was running his mouth to an informant or was the informant himself.
Anything is possible but I think a lot of that kind of Intel comes from Ralph Schwartz, who was close to Bruno and Maggio, and managed some of their businesses. I think he became to share Intel sometime in the early 1960s.
Ahhh, I think you're onto something there. He would have been in a good position for that info.
Ed
Straightened out

Re: Gangster Report - Philly, The Cowboy Chronicles..

Post by Ed »

I agree with you that Maggio is suspicious sometimes. For example, there is some very precise and detailed Intel that concerns Maggio and Bruno about a visit from a Sicilian mobster named Sinatra. But FBI files seem to indicate that the Bruno Crime Family had only two member informants in the early-mid 1960s which would seem to rule him out. Also, if Maggio was an informant, I just think the quality of Intel supplied by him would have been significantly better than what the FBI appears to have had at that time.