Four arrested in four Mafia killings that targeted Rizzuto clan

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Four arrested in four Mafia killings that targeted Rizzuto clan

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

@MotorFab: Many thanks!
@OcSleeper: Thank you also, muchly. Im unable to access them either via any medium, phone, tablet, laptop, tried them all. If youre able to post any developments, a quick summation, that would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks to you both gents.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

No prob, strange you can't access it with your phone or something else. Even me in Europe I have no prob with that. BTW, sometimes translation from French to English is confuse, if you need translation for some terms, just ask. I do not guarantee to be able to translate dialogues in French Quebecois, but for the rest no prob ...

Anyway, you're welcome
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

So here are the summaries of every French article AntiMafia and I've sent from page 2 only. I'll work on the rest of the articles in a bit. My phone just automatically translates the articles when I open them and my French isn't the best, so apologies if anything is wrong. The bit in red is just something I added about the meeting between police and "Brad Pitt." The article didn't specify the reason but I assume it was because of the phone records.

Assassinations: a couple of "cleaners" would have helped the Italian mafia
▪︎The trial began on May 27th and is expected to be three months. Marie-Josée Viau and Guy Dion are accused of participating in the murders of of Falduto brothers in 2016. The court will hear evidence leading up to the murder and how the defendants disposed of the body.
▪︎The informant approached police on his own offering to cooperate in 2019.

The phones of Giuseppe Falduto and a "Brad Pitt" passed through the same towers
▪︎Rogers investigator Claudio Cusin explained that on May 20, 2016, a prepaid phone number was registered in the name of a certain "Brad Pitt." Police believe he lured the brothers to their deaths.
▪︎On the day of the Falduto brothers disappearance, this device and one used by Giuseppe Falduto passed through several of the same cell towers.
▪︎Vincenzo Falduto had just been released from prison to a halfway house June 2, 2016 for a gun possession case and entered a halfway house 28 days before his disappearance. The morning of June 30th, Vincenzo left for work but never returned. Police were notified of his disappearance the following night.

Salvatore and Andrew Scoppa take the stage
▪︎ "Brad Pitt" met with Police investigator David Desrocher in the morning of July 6, 2016. The article didn't specify what for.
▪︎Police followed "Brad Pitt" and observed him with Salvatore Scoppa and the hitman (who later became an informant) later that morning. After an hour, police watched as Scoppa and "Pitt" go to a restaurant, where Andrea Scoppa met with them.
▪︎Police conducted a raid of "Brad Pitt's" apartment in October, 2019. Police found a speeding ticket for Sal Scoppa and a car statement for a Stephanie Viau

Biological substances found in the garage of the accused
▪︎Police arrested Marie-Josée Viau and Guy Dion and searched their property on October 16-17, 2019 including a nearby river.
▪︎Police took samples of what they believed to be blood and were awaiting results.
▪︎Inside the residence police found a safe with a pistol and hollow point ammunition inside. Police also found several notes with various guns listed on them.
▪︎Inside a vehicle on the property police found a receipt with the name "Brad Pitt" on it.
▪︎In the prosecution's opening statements, the court was told Marie-Josée Viau and Guy Dion burned the bodies in their firepit in the presence of "Brad Pitt."

The pistol found among the accused was functional
▪︎The pistol found in the safe of Marie-Josée Viau and Guy Dion has made to be able to equip a silencer.
▪︎In September, 2019 police raided a warehouse where they found "an arsenal of weapons." Over 30 weapons and close to 200 boxes of ammunition were found along with silencers.
▪︎Police mention that some of the weapons found were the same weapons found on the hand written notes found at the accused's residence.
▪︎Forensic experts testified the samples taken from the accused's garage which was believed go be blood came back inconclusive. They were unable to detect the presence of blood or a DNA profile.

Murders of the Falduto brothers: Police used their mole at least 13 times
▪︎The prosecution states the hitman turned informant was the triggerman in the murder of the Falduto brothers.
▪︎There were at least 13 infiltration scenarios involving the informant, but also an undercover police officer who accompanied him, whose cover name is Luc.
▪︎The informant's handlers provided him with a cell phone and they had a device he could reach them on. He agreed to record and film encounters with suspects. Everything he did or said was written down in a notebook. For about five months, the informant saw his handlers six days a week and spoke with them every day of the week, before being withdrawn from the operation on September 19, 2019.
▪︎A Investigator testified that it was in December 2018 that the hitman came forward for the first time, by sending an email to the Central Information of the Sûreté du Québec, but that the collaboration with the SQ started on the following January 21, 2019.
▪︎In return for his cooperation, the informant asked for help by a psychologist to treat his PTSD, medical treatment for his shoulders, undetermined amount of money, and an investigation into the people who sexually assaulted him.
▪︎Investigagor Malenfant also said the informant told him he had a contract that would have paid him $10,000 to hurt a man named Marc-André Lachance.
▪︎Police revealed the warehouse that held the weapons found in September, 2019 was in the name of "Brad Pitt."
▪︎Other documents from the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec revealed that a Jeep Wrangler of interest in the investigation belonged to Salvatore Scoppa before being in the name of the hitman who became an informant and that a Suzuki motorcycle, belonged to a certain Alfredo Massari.
▪︎Marie-Josée Viau's sister, Stéphanie testified that it was she who introduced her sister and Guy Dion to the individual known as "Brad Pitt."

The mole was reportedly targeted by several murder attempts
▪︎The informant revealed he was a target of at least 7 assassinations attempts before he started cooperating.
▪︎The accused allegedly burned the bodies of the Falduto brothers for hours on their property and then threw the ashes into a nearby river.
▪︎During police interviews with the informant, he revealed he had two outstanding street debts, a $10,000 debt for damaging a motorcycle of a "Lebanese named Gaby" and another $10,000 debt for a contract to injure Marc-André Lachance, which he never carried out.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Here's the rest of the French articles from page 3. Again the red is just something I added.

Hitman admits to being apart of three murders
▪︎When the informant came started collaborating with the police in January 2019, he issued a 15-page criminal life statement and at least three sworn video statements.
▪︎The informant had plans to open a Cannabis store with a Albert Krespine.
▪︎Police wouldn't allow the informant to collect money he had in the streets, one of which was owed by Hells Angel Gilles Lambert. The informant was broke, unable to pay his rent, buy food, clothes, or cannabis.
▪︎In early February 2019, the informant wanted the police to prioritize complaints he had made to them for sexual assault he had allegedly been the victim of in the past. "His desire to want to collaborate with the police did not seem strong enough, noted the police officers," said investigator Malenfant, according to which the police then announced to the informant that the collaboration was terminated. But the informant wanted to continue and police agree, after making it clear he had to meet certain conditions until the cooperation was over.
▪︎Defense lawyers questioned the witness (investigator Malenfant), suggesting that the relationship between the informant and its police officers was tumultuous, and even led to an interruption of the process on April 25, 2019. At this point At the time, the  informant made suicidal comments, had a stormy discussion with one of his handlers in the pouring rain, and met with mental health workers.

The hitman reportedly received the order to kill the Scoppa brothers
▪︎The informant said he received a contract to kill both Scoppa brothers at $300,000 a piece from Calogero "Charlie" Renda (Paolo Renda's son). He was also given a pistol equipped with a silencer for the job.
▪︎Charlie Renda allegedly gave the informant $40,000 for information about the murder of Rocco Sollecito and another unspecified assassination. It's also alleged the agreed price was $100,000 and Renda still owed $60,000.
▪︎The informant didn't go through on the murders of the Scoppa brothers and sold the gun after Renda failed to pay an expected deposit of money before the murders took place.
▪︎During the trial the defense suggested Renda offered $100,000 for the murder of "Brad Pitt."

Police wondered if their informant killed Salvatore Scoppa
▪︎The relationship between the informant and police was rather tumultuous and for three weeks in 2019, between April 25 and May 14, the mole temporarily ended its collaboration with the police and withdrew from witness protection.  Sal Scoppa was killed May 4th.
▪︎Days after the murder one of the informants handlers was called in to review security footage at the crime scene to determine if the informant was the killer. Athlough you couldn't see his face, police determined the physique did not match the informant.
▪︎Defense argued that in fact the height, weight and hair could match the informant.
I'll add here another article claims police believe someone at the family event where Sal Scoppa was killed had set him up.

Hitman had a meal with his victims before taking action
▪︎His cooperation with the police began in January 2019 and on the 30th of that month he accompanied the investigators in a car and pointed out to them the house of the Viau and Dion couple as the place where he had killed the Faldutos. He also pointed out a restaurant where he ate on the day of the murder with the two brothers.
▪︎Throughout his cooperation, the informant believed and feared he would also be arrested and charged at the end of the investigation. He believed the police were setting up undercover scenarios to incriminate himself.
▪︎Police had to assure him that his deal guaranteed any evidence gained or his confession couldn't be used against him and that they would need independently gathered evidence to charge him with anything.
▪︎“Indeed, often, [the ACI] had something of a fear despite the promise made at the beginning. It happened a few times that he thought about ways that some people could have taken to “trap” him. He even thought that Ms. Viau could have recorded it without his knowledge and gone to the police. Sometimes he thought that we too were working against him," said investigator Pinard.
▪︎Investigator Pinard also revealed the informant sent a tirade of angry text messages accusing the police of doing reverse infiltration (AKA Mr. Big) scenarios, that he was the targeted subject.
▪︎The informant also believed he wouldn't be paid at the end of the investigation for his services. Also that he was eager to complete it so he could report the ones who sexually assaulted him.

We knew how to clean
▪︎"A rake, gasoline, wood and lots of bleach." The accused Mary-Josée was recorded by the police as she explained how she had gone about cleaning up after a major event “We knew how to clean,” she said.
▪︎At the start of the conversation, Marie-Josée Viau complains that she worked hard in the context of a stressful event that the informant seems to be aware of, and for which she was not paid.
▪︎“We got nothing. Nothing, fucking e-nothing, ”she protested. “We knew how to clean. It's okay, ”she also said. She says she “burned everything” using several “gallons of gas”. She explains that she had to cut down all the trees at home, in the middle of the night, "for it to burn. I spent all the wood. I had been able to wood, ”she said. "You don't even understand everything we've been doing. With a rake, tabarnak!" She laughs. She then talks about using large amounts of bleach, to the point where her partner's eyes were burning. And that was not all. "Hey, can you imagine? We scratched two feet off the ground at that spot. Worse, we were all squealing that in the river,” she explains. “Everything has been scratched. Do you know how many blades I spent just to destroy the stock? », She asks to his knowledge, without knowing that it is recorded. The woman admits to having feared repercussions as a result of this affair. “My family all got caught up in it because of that stuff,” she says.
▪︎The accused comes back several times to the fact that she and her husband have not been paid. During the conversation, she says she needs the money, her credit cards are full, and she's stacking jobs. She does bookkeeping, home inspection and works at La Belle Province on weekends.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

« Tu sais que ta vie est en danger ? »

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... danger.php
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Cheers Gents.

OC, great write up. Appreciated.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:41 am Cheers Gents.
Here's the last article Antimafia posted.

They have Mafia Inc, Vito supposedly had a subscription to gangland, Violi had autographed Soprano memorabilia. Looks like everyone loves reading about the Mafia :lol:

"Do you know your life is in danger?" 
▪︎Conversations from the accused with the informant and undercover officer were played for the court. Over the course of the conversations, she talks about her own ingenuity, her resourcefulness, her guts and her ambition. She discusses with the hitman several events within organized crime, and mentions that she and her spouse have rendered several services to people in the community, such as serving as a driver, doing surveillance, delivering ammunition.
▪︎The court was told for other parts her words weren't picked up but the undercover officer said he'll never forget what Marie-Josée Viau said to him. “I'm going to remember this all my life,” he said. Marie leans forward, she looks me in the eye with a smile and says: "There, you enter into the secret of the gods. Do you know your life is in danger? Do you know that I am capable? Don't be afraid."
▪︎On the recordings they discussed how the garage door wasn't even shut before the hitman started shooting. "I picked up eight shell casings from the ground," she said confidently.
▪︎The accused played loud music and used a chainsaw to cover the gunshots. The recordings picked up the informant compare it all to a movie.
▪︎“Everything I've done is like a good soldier. I did what I was asked, period! I was asked to eliminate, liquidate, clean up. I did everything. I did everything I was asked to do, from A to Z, all the time." Marie-Josée Viau told the hired killer a later in the conversation.
▪︎Inside the residence of the accused the informant saw a book, Mafia Inc. On the recording he can be heard berating Guy Dion, "you didn't buy a book to read a bunch of lies!"
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

▪︎Other documents from the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec revealed that a Jeep Wrangler of interest in the investigation belonged to Salvatore Scoppa before being in the name of the hitman who became an informant and that a Suzuki motorcycle, model GSX13, belonged to a certain Alfredo Massari.
▪︎The prosecutor made several references to a recorded statement Stéphanie Viau gave to the police in 2019, but the witness claimed she had no recollection of what she said two years ago. She became particularly upset when reminded of how she told investigators her boyfriend burned the motorcycle helmet in a barrel on a farm owned by the accused.
https://www.sq.gouv.qc.ca/recherches/me ... opulation/

I dont know if anyone else made this connection but after going through the articles again and older ones relating to the murders. I believe this all relates to the murder of Rocco Sollecito. If you remember Rocco Sollecito was gunned down by two men on a motorcycle that was described as "a black sporty racer-type motorcycle." This would match the Suzuki GSX13 that police discovered was owned by Alfredo Massari and explain the burning of the motorcycle helmets, that Stéphanie Viau mentioned in her original statement to police back in 2019.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Working with Mafia hit man was eye-opening, undercover officer tells jury

https://montrealgazette.com/news/workin ... tells-jury
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Le policier infiltré « stupéfait » de découvrir autant d’armes à feu
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... -a-feu.php

Brownies au pot, cryptomonnaie et armes à feu
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... -a-feu.php
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Mafia hit man who became an informant set to testify in murder trial Thursday

https://montrealgazette.com/news/mafia- ... ssion=true
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Informant says Scoppa brothers wanted to eliminate Sicilians in Montreal Mafia
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... real-mafia
“A menu is a list of people we discussed (to eliminate). We call that a menu or whatever. It’s a list of who to assassinate kept on a PPG (Blackberry phone),” the informant said.

“Salvatore (Scoppa) had one. Andrew Scoppa had his menu and Vittorio Mirarchi had a menu,” the informant said while later describing Mirarchi as the leader of another part of the Montreal Mafia. Mirarchi is not charged in the murder case and is not mentioned in the charges Viau and Dion face.

The informant then went on to describe what he alleged was a twisted and tangled web where, he alleged, Mirarchi was willing to work with the Scoppas to kill people tied to the Sicilians and then had plans to kill Scoppas.
So I guess Mirarchi hasn't exactly made peace with the Rizzutos.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Also from Paul Cherry's article:

A Calabrian clan [led by Andrew Scoppa] within the Montreal Mafia wanted to eliminate anyone tied to the Sicilian clan in 2016....

Mirarchi was released in December 2017, but the article doesn't indicate how and when he provided a "menu" to either the Scoppas, the hitman, or other intermediaries.

If the hitman learned of Mirarchi's menu while Mirarchi was in prison, then perhaps Mirarchi -- also while in prison -- hatched a plot with Stefano Sollecito to kill particular individuals and then kill the Scoppas. Such particular individuals could be those who had maintained allegiance to Sal Montagna before his murder and did not switch their allegiance back to the Rizzuto loyalists afterward.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Foray into the world of mafia hitmen
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... -mafia.php

La Presse has consistently been putting out the better articles about the trial here.
And it looks like my assumption about the helmets was right. Not that it was cracked the case wide open or anything :lol:

▪︎“Everyone was shooting each other. Everyone had money on their heads, ” the informant blurted out.
▪︎Leonardo Rizzuto, Stefano, Mario and Rocco Sollecito, Pietro D'Adamo, Del Balso, Marco Pizzi, and Tony Mucci were all targeted. "Everyone has the same targets, except at different times to have them assassinated. Tony Mucci, another on the menu to make disappear, eliminate, assassinate."
▪︎“Spagnolo, the youngster, not the gentleman. The gentleman, this is a mistake. These idiots… ” he added. So i guess Mario Spagnolo was the target, not Vincenzo?
▪︎When Victor Mirarchi was released from prison, "the Scoppa brothers would have been eliminated for Victor", explained the informant. It was ultimately the man nicknamed "Brad Pitt" at the trial who hired a guy to "fart Sal," he says. I don't know if my translation is off on this. Can Anti or Lupara check please.
▪︎As a hired killer, he spoke with the "two teams", both the Sicilians and the Calabrians, he said. At the time, Stefano and Leonardo were paying, but the most profitable was still Rocco Sollecito. How much could he receive for this "job"? Three hundred thousand dollars, plus 10% of the territories, he replies. “But it didn't end like that,” he blurted out bitterly.
▪︎The informant tells the jury about the murder and the role of each of his accomplices, including "Brad Pitt". "I fire two shots, and I empty the magazine on Rocco Sollecito", Later, the two men went to the accused Marie-Josée Viau to burn their motorcycle helmets. "We see on TV that Rocco is dead, we get high fives, " said the witness.
▪︎The witness and "Brad Pitt" also meet Salvatore Scoppa in a restaurant in Boisbriand. "Bad news", they do not receive the money promised for the murder. “I wanted to pick up a knife,” he says.
▪︎When the informant contacted the police at the end of 2018, he was living “on the streets” and suffering from “psychological disorders,” he said. But his motivation was not to speak to investigators about the murders or the implication of the defendants. “It was to talk about the people who assaulted, kidnapped, sexually tortured me. To stop a couple of scooters - bikers, Hells Angels - people who knew and did nothing."
▪︎The informant was sentenced to 8 years in 2010 for shooting his rapist. “I shot him on the spot after he assaulted me. I woke up in a chair. The guy drugged me."
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

That thing about the Vincenzo Spagnolo murder being a mistake is interesting. It lines up with what Andrew Scoppa said about how he had nothing against Vincenzo, but rather his son Nicola.

Also interesting that this seems to put the blame for Salvatore Scoppa's murder at the feet of this "Brad Pitt" (did we ever figure out who this was?) and possibly Mirarchi rather than the Rizzutos. Lines up with the theory that it was a friend of his who set him up the night he was killed.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'