Sad news about Pierre de Champlain

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Sad news about Pierre de Champlain

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Phatmattress is another one. Don't remember if Mafioso was on here or the RD.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

RIP
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:31 pm Phatmattress is another one. Don't remember if Mafioso was on here or the RD.

Pogo
Yes, Phatmattress. I think I missed out on his passing. Mafioso was on RD. I wonder about some of the old posters who we haven't heard from for awhile like East Bronx, especially considering all the people that have been lost to covid.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:31 pm Phatmattress is another one. Don't remember if Mafioso was on here or the RD.

Pogo

Persico too
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I have suspicion that FiveFelonies also passed due to his sudden departure. I hope I'm wrong.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

sdeitche wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:32 pm
Ozgoz wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:56 pm
Villain wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:33 am Maybe we should made a thread/sticky regarding all of our passed members in their honor and so they wont be forgotten.
This is a really good idea.
Second this
+1.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

RIP. This guy was the real deal. Actually worked in intelligence in law enforcement. Pretty cool he was a member here. Sad that he’s passed.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Online obituary for Pierre de Champlain:

https://www.cfo.coop/avis-de-deces/pier ... in-201734/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Décès de l’expert du crime organisé Pierre de Champlain

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... mplain.php
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

HK..Anti...CC....Soliai....can we make this thread a sticky in the general or any other forum because we already have number of passed members? It will be an honor for all...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

My copy of one of Pierre’s books
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Pogo
Wow ... don't want to take anything away from the topic at hand but I remember Phatmattress as a name on these forums going back at least 9, maybe even 10 years (?) IIRC. Never really interacted on a one-on-one level but definitely through posts and always remember him around. I think he was relatively young too? (not a cue for a "it's sad when they go young" line, btw... lol). I can't believe he's gone... If I'm not prying , how did he pass?

To the topic at hand... RIP. I never really participated or even read too much Montreal discussion over the years. Something I've had a vague interest in but I feel like I know nothing about an am so 'far behind' it'd be tough to catch up. But I always knew his name to be synonymous with top notch Montreal info. I always had him pegged for a random researcher type who lived in Quebec... crazy to found out that he was really in the mix like that.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:09 pm

Pogo
Wow ... don't want to take anything away from the topic at hand but I remember Phatmattress as a name on these forums going back at least 9, maybe even 10 years (?) IIRC. Never really interacted on a one-on-one level but definitely through posts and always remember him around. I think he was relatively young too? (not a cue for a "it's sad when they go young" line, btw... lol). I can't believe he's gone... If I'm not prying , how did he pass?

I believe it was an OD. He was pretty open and honest about his heroin addiction. He was in his mid 30s.

Pogo
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Mr. de Champlain knew that he was dying. He had asked one of his sisters, Constance, to announce his death to his Twitter followers via his account. She tweeted several hours ago.

https://twitter.com/pdechamplain/status ... 48931?s=21

Pierre de Champlain @pdechamplain
Chers abonnés de mon frère. À sa demande, je vous annonce avec tristesse son décès, le 15 juillet. Sa soeur Constance.

2021-07-23, 4:13 PM