Bringing down ‘The Sopranos’ for the FBI destroyed my life

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Bringing down ‘The Sopranos’ for the FBI destroyed my life

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rocco wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:16 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:13 pm
Rocco wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:05 pm Anyone got info on Danny “Gooms” Bertelli? What Gambino Crew? NJ Based? Part of Merola's crew?

The Danny Bertelli name is most likely a fictitious name he used in the book.

Pogo
Well the mentioned Kyle Raguso(said he was a Gambino Soldier/Not that I think that is true) who was a Merola Associate....so I assumed the guy was real. I cant find anything on him. I tend to think he is not a made guy either like Raguso...

He didn't mention Regusa as a Gambino Soldier. Someone misinterpreted what he said. It was later corrected.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

stubbs wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:18 pm
Ravens410 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:18 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:46 pm
Ravens410 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:29 pm Merola isn’t made. He used his mother’s maiden name so he would sound Italian. Got caught up trying to rip off Home Depot
He was a captain.
So is this like an Andy Campos standing? Gambino’s are letting non-Italians be captains?
He’s Italian, this has been discussed elsewhere in other threads.
Yeah I brought it up some time ago... and after some discussion I was convinced he is italian.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Ravens410 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:29 pm Merola isn’t made. He used his mother’s maiden name so he would sound Italian. Got caught up trying to rip off Home Depot
He was a captain.
He was a Soldier as far as I know and was reporting to NY. I don't believe there is a Captain for the Gambino's in NJ anymore. He and Buddy Musk were the only made members caught up in that bust I believe. That's why I'd like to know more about this Danny Gooms guy. Never heard of him. If he is real..I would imagine he was an associate of Merola's like Ragusa is. Florham Park/East Hanover guys etc. Which is where Ragusa is from.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

There was a nutley / bellville / Kearny / NA sports gambling business 5 or so years ago but I heard they reported into Staten Island
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Rocco wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:59 am
He was a captain.
He was a Soldier as far as I know and was reporting to NY. I don't believe there is a Captain for the Gambino's in NJ anymore. He and Buddy Musk were the only made members caught up in that bust I believe. That's why I'd like to know more about this Danny Gooms guy. Never heard of him. If he is real..I would imagine he was an associate of Merola's like Ragusa is. Florham Park/East Hanover guys etc. Which is where Ragusa is from.
I thought he was a captain or acting captain for a period. Gooms is a real nickname but the name is questionable. I would like to know who this Nino Molinelli is the undercover cop said he was a crew boss and used to be close to John Gotti.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

This guy is making it out to be so dramatic. A few juvenile slobs selling weed on the boardwalk, and now his life is in danger.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:16 am
He was a captain.
I thought he was a captain or acting captain for a period. Gooms is a real nickname but the name is questionable. I would like to know who this Nino Molinelli is the undercover cop said he was a crew boss and used to be close to John Gotti.
"Jimmy Balls" Beltempo is/was a captain overseeing NJ rackets for the Gambinos according to the Stefanelli transcript.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:13 pm
Rocco wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:05 pm Anyone got info on Danny “Gooms” Bertelli? What Gambino Crew? NJ Based? Part of Merola's crew?

The Danny Bertelli name is most likely a fictitious name he used in the book.

Pogo
He has no reason to do this since hes already using other real names its just possible hes an unknown associate or solider
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Could but he did use fictitious names in the book. Refering to Joseph Merlo as Luca Vitale in the book.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

moneyman wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:36 pm
He was a captain.
"Jimmy Balls" Beltempo is/was a captain overseeing NJ rackets for the Gambinos according to the Stefanelli transcript.
Yeah but this Nino is described as the John Gotti guy and said to have worked for Gotti. I dont think Beltempo was that close to Gotti was he? The Gotti connection made me think it was Sisca but the timeline doesnt really match.

On Danny Gooms, there is a Daniel Bertelli living in Hillside NJ. I found him through property records but who knows if thats the guy. Fuck this book for having fake and real names makes it confusing. Shouldn't have released it like that. We still dont know who the Augie guy is with the westside either.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:01 pm
moneyman wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:36 pm
He was a captain.
Yeah but this Nino is described as the John Gotti guy and said to have worked for Gotti. I dont think Beltempo was that close to Gotti was he? The Gotti connection made me think it was Sisca but the timeline doesnt really match.

On Danny Gooms, there is a Daniel Bertelli living in Hillside NJ. I found him through property records but who knows if thats the guy. Fuck this book for having fake and real names makes it confusing. Shouldn't have released it like that. We still dont know who the Augie guy is with the westside either.
No idea about Beltempo, pure speculation but according to the info B mentioned he was made in Downtown NYC and did 25 years. Didn't Gotti Jr, DiLeornado and Cefalu get made at the Ravenite by Gotti, I want to say around 1988? Maybe he was made at the Ravenite or somewhere in lower Manhattan/Little Italy.

The Augie mentioned would have to be Augie Cataldo no? I have no interest in reading the book lol.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

More info on Beltempo from Al D'Arco's book

While Al was still at Ray Brook, a veteran gangster named Vincent Beltempo asked him if he wanted to go in on a heroin deal.

Beltempo grew up across from the DiPalermo brothers on Elizabeth Street. He was also a lifelong friend of Ralph Cuomo, whose name he invoked when introducing himself to Al. Beltempo’s nickname was “Jimmy Balls” and he was associated with the Gambino family. He was already a two-time loser on heroin convictions. He was arrested with Cuomo back in 1969 when they were caught with twenty-five pounds of drugs. After his release, Beltempo had engineered an even bigger babania deal, smuggling forty pounds of heroin into the city from Palermo, Sicily, in false-bottomed suitcases. Nabbed again, Beltempo was given fifteen years and a lifetime special parole.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Beltempo wasn't made until after his prison sentence, sometime during Stefanelli's cooperation. They talked about how Beltempo was reporting to NYC and going to be made then promoted to captain. Later it comes out that he had been made.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:48 pm Could but he did use fictitious names in the book. Refering to Joseph Merlo as Luca Vitale in the book.

Pogo
Oh really? Weird…
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

outfit guy wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:59 am This guy is making it out to be so dramatic. A few juvenile slobs selling weed on the boardwalk, and now his life is in danger.
Yeah he's really going all out with the "I'm in constant danger" angle. His book reads like that too which was annoying. His book really does read like a guy who grew up on mob movies and wanted his story to be dramatic and dangerous and cinematic. But it was just an undercover operation against a small north Jersey crew. Not a big deal, but he writes it like he was made a member of the Commission.