Which borough has the most standup guys??

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Yonkers103
On Record

Which borough has the most standup guys??

Post by Yonkers103 »

So was playing cards last night with a few buddy’s and we always break each other’s chops with some of us being from different areas in NY about which borough has the most stand up guys( least likely to rat) my opinion was manhattan/Bronx guys seem to have the least likely reputations to turn informant. Just wanted to get others opinion on the matter.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Re: Which borough has the most standup guys??

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

This is black hand. . not that other joint buddy.... .but let's see how this goes
I been taught to listen to what's not said
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Bronx
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Staten Island
Yonkers103
On Record

Post by Yonkers103 »

Def not staten island lol. Seems to me all the power for the families come from Bronx which is strange because I would say the Bronx is the borough that diminished the fasted as far as Italian neighborshoods go. Bk still has big presence , queens have a lot of “zip “neighborhoods still suck as ridgewood, middle village, they have HB and ozone park, Staten Island is known as large Italian area but yet the Bronx holds most of the power for some reason. Only reasonable answer to me is because of the caliber of street guys that originated out of the Bronx/Manhattan (Harlem) areas.
Yonkers103
On Record

Post by Yonkers103 »

If you list the rats by borough I really can’t think of more then 1 or 2 Bronx guys that turned informant. Bk has dozens of rats, Staten Island is know as ratten island, queens had a ton of rats as well and I’m not sure if Harlem ever had anyone turn rat off the top of my head.
stevan tod
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by stevan tod »

jimmy_beans8 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:02 pm This is black hand. . not that other joint buddy.... .but let's see how this goes
Fuckin A
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Bronx/Harlem mobsters seem to be more business oriented historically. Involving themselves with crimes that get less scrutiny from law enforcement. Brooklyn is more street rackets, guys getting arrested more, more guys flipping.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Yonkers103 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:06 am I’m not sure if Harlem ever had anyone turn rat off the top of my head.
Joe Valachi was a Harlem/Bronx guy
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Sammy the rat Gravano was a Brooklyn/Staten Island fellow. Do they come any bogger than him?
Yonkers103
On Record

Post by Yonkers103 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:44 am
Yonkers103 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:06 am I’m not sure if Harlem ever had anyone turn rat off the top of my head.
Joe Valachi was a Harlem/Bronx guy
Yes valachi was a Harlem guy that’s true but with the number of mobsters to come out of Harlem and little Italy area over the last hundred years there really hasn’t been many more guys that turned rat if you think about it. And same for the Bronx guys as well which seems to be old Harlem blood that migrated to the bx after leaving Harlem. So with all the rats there have been over the years those are the 2 boroughs that seem to stand out at least to me. You can list a thousand guys from Brooklyn and Howard beach that turned informants over the years and I don’t think anyone from Staten Island has ever been boss of any of the families at least not off top of my head
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

Kinda off topic but how many members over the years were originally from Staten Island?