John Alite- Ravenite Surveillance Tapes

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: John Alite- Ravenite Surveillance Tapes

Post by Nick Prango »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:37 pm
Nick Prango wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:46 am Alite keeps exaggerating his dealings with Gotti Senior. He said he was waiting by the phone for the Paul Castellano hit. LOL.
Right, but again, more than one thing can be true at the same time. This is how life actually works. Alite can lie about a million things—his stature as an associate in the Gambino Family, his proximity to Gotti Sr, his dealings with Angelo Ruggerio—while at the same time being telling the truth about other stuff. I think that is why Alite is so comfortable exaggerating and adding on BS to his life story. He had an actual base to build from.

I’d also say the majority of Alite’s lies and exaggerations have come since he started doing podcasts. And that George Anastasia found him credible enough to write a book about him. The same George Anastasia that a few years before had looked into doing Frank Sheerhan’s story but ultimately found him lacking credibility after personally meeting with Sheerhan and doing some initial research. I have my own qualms with GA about stuff but he was more plugged in back then and he’s not the kinda guy to write a story on someone whose life is 100% fiction.

Again, Alite only has himself to blame for why everyone hates him and thinks he’s a lying scumbag. He legit tries to portray himself as the Albanian Jimmy Burke. It’s absurd. That being said, he did do some of the stuff he thumps his chest about. The guy was an earner who was capable of violence. That kinda guy wasn’t exactly uncommon in the 80s and 90s, though either, so he’s nothing special in that regard. But I’m not gonna say he didn’t do those things just because he told several other ridiculous tales about Gotti Sr, Castellano, etc.
Alite was definitely a former associate who did dirt, including murder, but we can agree that he greatly exaggerates his significance. He was a violent drug dealer . He only killed low level dealers and robbed them. Nothing was ever ordered by Junior or Senior.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Nick Prango wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:46 am Alite keeps exaggerating his dealings with Gotti Senior. He said he was waiting by the phone for the Paul Castellano hit. LOL.
Right, but again, more than one thing can be true at the same time. This is how life actually works. Alite can lie about a million things—his stature as an associate in the Gambino Family, his proximity to Gotti Sr, his dealings with Angelo Ruggerio—while at the same time being telling the truth about other stuff. I think that is why Alite is so comfortable exaggerating and adding on BS to his life story. He had an actual base to build from.

I’d also say the majority of Alite’s lies and exaggerations have come since he started doing podcasts. And that George Anastasia found him credible enough to write a book about him. The same George Anastasia that a few years before had looked into doing Frank Sheerhan’s story but ultimately found him lacking credibility after personally meeting with Sheerhan and doing some initial research. I have my own qualms with GA about stuff but he was more plugged in back then and he’s not the kinda guy to write a story on someone whose life is 100% fiction.

Again, Alite only has himself to blame for why everyone hates him and thinks he’s a lying scumbag. He legit tries to portray himself as the Albanian Jimmy Burke. It’s absurd. That being said, he did do some of the stuff he thumps his chest about. The guy was an earner who was capable of violence. That kinda guy wasn’t exactly uncommon in the 80s and 90s, though either, so he’s nothing special in that regard. But I’m not gonna say he didn’t do those things just because he told several other ridiculous tales about Gotti Sr, Castellano, etc.
He is definitely not the Albanian Jimmy Burke.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Alite is the type of guy that needs rank, recognition, and to feel important. The only problem is, this is something he can never achieve — at least not when spoken in terms of the Mafia. He basically wants a mafia participation trophy. Seems to be the case with most associates who leave the life and talk about it. I’m not saying Alite isn’t tough and doesn’t have balls, but he’s just not high on the importance totem pole of The Mafia, as he tries to make himself seem. He feels compelled to exaggerate what was an unremarkable criminal career because being honest about being a low level associate thug and drug dealer isn't good enough for his delusions of grandeur.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

If u noticed. That was one(1) day at the ravenite.......1 day of camera work
I been taught to listen to what's not said
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

I love the old FBI footage of the Ravenite. I will say this, for as much a bullshitter Alite is, it was s break from the normal podcasts watching the tapes and analyziNguyen who was coming and going...
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Browniety86 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:44 pm I love the old FBI footage of the Ravenite. I will say this, for as much a bullshitter Alite is, it was s break from the normal podcasts watching the tapes and analyziNguyen who was coming and going...

Analyzing*
ShockTroop
Associate

Post by ShockTroop »

Arat was leaving the Ravanite to meet up with Gianni Russo. They had to later meet up with Ollie North and move a plane load of weapons to the Iran Contras and then report directly to Ronald Reagan. Pennissi was the 18 year old kid who was the driver and Gene Borello wasn't born yet but was there in spirit.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

ShockTroop wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:15 pm Arat was leaving the Ravanite to meet up with Gianni Russo. They had to later meet up with Ollie North and move a plane load of weapons to the Iran Contras and then report directly to Ronald Reagan. Pennissi was the 18 year old kid who was the driver and Gene Borello wasn't born yet but was there in spirit.
Alite was the one who tortured Kiki Cammerena
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Alite helped organized the plazas for the Guadalajara Cartel
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Alite was the mastermind behind the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. Only Alite kills like that.
All roads lead to New York.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Alite set up the Lufthansa heist...
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Nick Prango wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:54 pm

Alite was definitely a former associate who did dirt, including murder, but we can agree that he greatly exaggerates his significance. He was a violent drug dealer . He only killed low level dealers and robbed them. Nothing was ever ordered by Junior or Senior.
Alite said he warned John Sr of the Dec 1990 pinch...said he had "the cop that told him in his pocket for years..." Dude wasnt even 30 yet🤣🤣🤣
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Alite is no joke, guy killed 16 czechslovakians. And baseball batted at least 4 dozen. Guy was an interior decorator. His apartment looked like shit.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

I heard John Alite once killed a man using only his eyebrows.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Browniety86 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:18 pm
Nick Prango wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:54 pm

Alite said he warned John Sr of the Dec 1990 pinch...said he had "the cop that told him in his pocket for years..." Dude wasnt even 30 yet🤣🤣🤣
:lol: :lol: :lol: