Vincent Asaro

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Vincent Asaro

Post by toto »

B. wrote:I'm not sure how serious of a target Valenti was in any investigations at the time, but apparently Asaro's abusive treatment of him was one reason he flipped. From reading what's been released of his recordings, Asaro sounds like an absolute menace.
Asaro has a absolute attackness.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Hoping we get to hear a lot more about DiFiore's history. He was a Giaccone associate who ended up a soldier under Massino/Vitale. Hope there is a lot of info on the Queens crews in general.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

How did assaro abuse valenti ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

‘Goodfellas’ mob snitch explains why he turned his back on his cousin as Vincent Asaro’s trial continues

The Goodfella who helped pull off the biggest heist in U.S. history was a brokefella some 30 years later when he helped the feds set a trap for his cousin — Bonanno crime family captain Vincent
Asaro. Gaspare Valenti began secretly taping Asaro after they had a falling-out three decades after the infamous 1978 Lufthansa robbery that netted them and their crew $6 million in cash and jewelry.

“Over money, as usual,” Valenti testified Wednesday, when asked at Asaro’s racketeering trial what their argument was about.
Testifying in Brooklyn federal court, Valenti said that by 2010 he was out of cash and sick of the mob life.

“I called the FBI,” he said. “I needed help financially to support my family. I was just tired of that life. I was having nightmares about things that I had experienced.”
Valenti, who returns to the stand on Thursday, said the FBI quickly signed him up to be an informant and he agreed to wear a wire to tape Asaro.

In the meantime, Valenti said, the government paid his expenses, including the rent and electrical bill.
“All this time you’re with me I never got you pinched,” Asaro told Valenti at the Esquire Diner in Ozone Park, Queens, unaware that his cousin is taping him.

But Asaro, who is also charged with strangling a suspected snitch in 1969 with a dog chain, had also became a shadow of his formerly fearsome self, the tapes revealed.
In one taped conversation, Asaro described his bleak existence.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/g ... -1.2405940
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Pretty embarrassing when one of the top guys in the family is broke.
Last edited by TommyGambino on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

TommyGambino wrote:Pretty embarrassing when one of the top guys in the family are broke.
Bonanno's are hopeless. Nicky Mouth I believe is known for being a brokester.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

TommyGambino wrote:Pretty embarrassing when one of the top guys in the family is broke.
It's pretty common. Some big guys even during the "mob's heyday" were described by informants as brokesters.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Some things that have come out in court testimony:

- Gaspare Valenti was proposed for membership but never got made because the list with his name on it was intercepted by the FBI.

- Sal Vitale testified that Asaro was a problem during sitdowns: "You're supposed to be respectful to people across the table. Vinny gets hostile."

- Massino gave a gold chain from the Lufthansa heist as a gift to Vitale.

- Asaro built the fence around Sal Vitale's yard: "The fence is still there. He did an outstanding job."

- Asaro is said to have a tattoo related to his "mob oath".

- FBI agent testified that while surveilling Asaro in the 1980s, "He ran up to me and said a few things I don't think I can say in court."
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Bonanno soldier and son of Gaspare Valenti "Fat Sammy" Valenti
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

B. wrote:
TommyGambino wrote:Pretty embarrassing when one of the top guys in the family is broke.
It's pretty common. Some big guys even during the "mob's heyday" were described by informants as brokesters.
If these guys were careful with their money they probably wouldn't have become mobsters in the first place.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

According to John Marzulli who is in court, Asaro went ballistic in road rage rant against tow truck blocking a car wash and said "All tow truck drivers are rats!!!"
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Vincent Asaro refers to Lufthansa Heist as ‘the thing,’ laments not getting his due in tape played at racketeering trial

The Bonanno gangster accused of helping pull off the biggest heist in U.S. history complained that he was part of a dying breed in tapes played Thursday at his racketeering trial.

Broke and bitter and 76 years old, Vincent Asaro bemoaned his fate in a car while his cousin Gaspare Valenti secretly recorded the conversation the feds. “I’m the only wiseguy left in my neighborhood,” Asaro complained.

Referring to the 1978 Lufthansa robbery that netted $6 million in cash and jewelry as “the thing,” Asaro complained that he didn’t get a big enough cut. “We never got our right money, what we were supposed to get, we got f----- all around," Asaro ranted in a February 2011 conversation. "Got f----- all around, that f-----g Jimmy (Burke) kept everything."

Burke, aka Jimmy the Gent, was one of the masterminds of the spectacular robbery at Kennedy Airport that was immortalized in the movie “Goodfellas.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/vin ... -1.2407654
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Great posts/info B.

Cheers.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

The more I read about Asaro, the more I wonder how he's still alive.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Lupara wrote:The more I read about Asaro, the more I wonder how he's still alive.
Not just alive, but he was a leading candidate to be boss not long before these tapes were made.