FBI infiltration of the LCN in San Francisco and San Jose was total

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: FBI infiltration of the LCN in San Francisco and San Jose was total

Post by Extortion »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:19 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 pm Great stuff Ed. It is insane how many SF and SJ guys were cooperating. I know it wasn't as bad in the other families but I think we would be surprised to learn just how many guy's were talking during the 1960s and 1970s.

Pogo
It was happening “everywhere.” 5000 made guys in NYC, I’d bet the odds that 10% of them talked in some capacity.
5000, i think that is a bit much, outside five families there were probably around 300-400 max made members unless you are counting associates?
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Extortion wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:56 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 pm Great stuff Ed. It is insane how many SF and SJ guys were cooperating. I know it wasn't as bad in the other families but I think we would be surprised to learn just how many guy's were talking during the 1960s and 1970s.

Pogo
It was happening “everywhere.” 5000 made guys in NYC, I’d bet the odds that 10% of them talked in some capacity.
5000, i think that is a bit much, outside five families there were probably around 300-400 max made members unless you are counting associates?
No family had above 500-600 made members max and that might be an overestimate?
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Salvatore Taranto was outed as an informant correct Ed? I believe he was one of the top informants out there. I either read it on MF or on Rat Trap.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Extortion wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Pogo
Yes, I was counting associates. I meant 5000 wiseguys in NY
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

B Wrote:
"Tommy Ricciardi's induction into the Lucchese family. Ricciardi was led to believe by his sponsor (Accetturo) that he was taking part in a murder right up until the ceremony took place. This def qualifies as "an incident" used to test the inductee."

That is pretty wild, I wonder how he felt going in, and how he felt when he realized why he was there. It has to be like a rollercoaster emotionally.
matteogalante38
Associate

Post by matteogalante38 »

Hello all - this is my first post here and I apologize in advance if I should be starting a new thread. (If I started a new thread, I'd probably apologize for not commenting here first...)

I've been doing much research lately on the mob's tentacles across the Bay Area (including SF, SJ, Emeryville), and have been trying to dig deeper than I am able to find information on. This is just a hobby, but it's like a gigantic puzzle that I find fascinating and enjoy piecing together. I have a massive document I'm taking notes in and currently have a list of at least 120 names of either made guys, associates, or possibly neither but have been mentioned as such.

I have many questions about specific people, their potential connections, the stories I've read or heard (what's true? is there evidence?), and I'm seeking assistance from anyone willing to help me on this journey. That said, would it be appropriate to start a new thread?

Thank you,

Matteo
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

You can make a new post and put your notes there, along with your questions for others who are also knowledge in the Bay Area can comment and post their notes.

Honestly, those are the best types of posts. Collected information about a specific topic that can spur interesting discussions and debate!
Nicholas
Straightened out

Post by Nicholas »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:23 am
NothingNew44 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:05 pm I was there recently staying in North Beach and ate at Alioto’s in the Wharf. Not much of significant Italian population. San Jose is very limited as well, and their Little Italy is reduced to a block.
I used to go to two SF Columbus Ave. places:

Tosca's bar - cool layout- scalloped booths along the back wall

The Gold Spike Restaurant-old school, hole in the wall w/southern Italian food.
It held up against anything I've eaten in NYC. Or anywhere else.
Remember Giovanni Toracca?
matteogalante38
Associate

Post by matteogalante38 »

Nicholas wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:04 am
NothingNew44 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:05 pm I was there recently staying in North Beach and ate at Alioto’s in the Wharf. Not much of significant Italian population. San Jose is very limited as well, and their Little Italy is reduced to a block.

From what I understand, he's still around North Beach...
Nicholas
Straightened out

Post by Nicholas »

matteogalante38 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:15 pm
Nicholas wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:04 am

From what I understand, he's still around North Beach...
What's his story? If this was a few other places, there'd be no question he was a Wiseguy
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Don't know if anyone else has come across it, but I found an FBI report where Frank Sorce and Salvatore Costanza are listed unredacted with their informant codes and they're exactly who Ed thought they were.

cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

B. wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:15 am Don't know if anyone else has come across it, but I found an FBI report where Frank Sorce and Salvatore Costanza are listed unredacted with their informant codes and they're exactly who Ed thought they were.

Awesome find! This is always nice to solidify suspicions.
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

B. wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:15 am Don't know if anyone else has come across it, but I found an FBI report where Frank Sorce and Salvatore Costanza are listed unredacted with their informant codes and they're exactly who Ed thought they were.

Hey B,

Thanks for posting. It's gratifying to see confirmation of some of my research. Is this report available online? I would love to tweet it out.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Ed wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 am

Hey B,

Thanks for posting. It's gratifying to see confirmation of some of my research. Is this report available online? I would love to tweet it out.
Hey Ed -- last page here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ase%29.pdf
nmj1199
Associate

Post by nmj1199 »

NothingNew44 wrote:I was there recently staying in North Beach and ate at Alioto’s in the Wharf. Not much of significant Italian population. San Jose is very limited as well, and their Little Italy is reduced to a block.
I lived in North Beach for years in the 90's back when it was grimy and all hookers and strip clubs. We had an old Italian couple that we rented an apartment from they must have been in their 90's. They we talking about how much had changed. I miss the old North Beach never knew or heard of connected guys but wasnt really asking as I was a teenager and much more interested in the strip clubs at the time lol.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk