Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Post by TommyNoto »

B. wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:07 am Crazy. Didn't know he worked for Roma Foods, which has longstanding connections to the Colombo family and NJ zips.
Wow as Roma is a legit company in NJ, they serve all the pizzerias, they have every Italian account in Bellville lol and we’re recently bought by Cardona . I wouldn’t be surprised if Cardona was under a family as well as some crews might be bigger in the food business then I thought . Seems similar to what happened to Cava Consruction being sold to another Italian construction company.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesu ... 170966.php
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Well that came out of nowhere. Weird as we were talking about him so much recently. He did look like shit for his age.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

At least now we have an actual DOB for him
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:52 am Merlo has died:

https://www.reillybonnerfuneralhome.com ... h-merlo-jr

7490606_fbs.jpeg
Wow thats surprising he was a fairly young guy. Better to die a free man though! Anyone know if Merlo ever did any time?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Wonder who will take his place as street boss, what kind of sickness did he have?
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

joerock wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:10 pm Wonder who will take his place as street boss, what kind of sickness did he have?
I think it was cancer, but don’t quote me on that. I’m sure someone in the know can say for sure.
richy67
Honorary Member

Post by richy67 »

Ask this on a lot of threads and I apologise in advance,but im not from america- just wondering again what kind of influence these guys have on a street level, is it still a case of dont fuck wi so and so hes in wi that mob etc, I know where im from you know if someones in with a certian group and therefore keep yer hands in yer pockets etc!

Cheers!
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

TommyNoto wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:22 am
B. wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:07 am Crazy. Didn't know he worked for Roma Foods, which has longstanding connections to the Colombo family and NJ zips.
Wow as Roma is a legit company in NJ, they serve all the pizzerias, they have every Italian account in Bellville lol and we’re recently bought by Cardona . I wouldn’t be surprised if Cardona was under a family as well as some crews might be bigger in the food business then I thought . Seems similar to what happened to Cava Consruction being sold to another Italian construction company.

Yeah, it is a legitimate company with deep mafia ties, kind of like Saputo or similar companies.

The Profacis were big in Monmouth County and Piancone and Roma was under them. Interesting Merlo moved to Monmouth and worked for Roma.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

B. wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:40 pm

Yeah, it is a legitimate company with deep mafia ties, kind of like Saputo or similar companies.

The Profacis were big in Monmouth County and Piancone and Roma was under them. Interesting Merlo moved to Monmouth and worked for Roma.
Makes sense , food is a modern day way of extortion and Merlo probably had a lot of pizzerias under his umbrella given his rank
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

New Phill prime podcast with the agent with Anastasia https://philly-prime-podcast.simplecast.com/
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

The agent says The Decavs can give the five families a run for their money. They are “serious people” and are old school. And are “good in size” along with being tight nit.

Also mentions the Decavs would do anything to prove themselves to the other families
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:25 am Anyone know what Merlo died from? He was a young guy, he looked like hell though.

-Dante
First thing I wondered as well… was shocked to see he was 60 when he passed… he looked like 80….
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

You can see the Roma HQs when you’re driving on 287 , it’s a huge HQ. I always see it when I’m driving to Rutgers Football games.

Yes all my friends who own pizza parlors at the shore have Roma as their vendor.

-Dante
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Dave65827 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 pm The agent says The Decavs can give the five families a run for their money. They are “serious people” and are old school. And are “good in size” along with being tight nit.

Also mentions the Decavs would do anything to prove themselves to the other families
I’m not sure about the size part but maybe some of them are more entrenched in legit rackets then we give them credit for. Construction & trucking business is booming there.

Some of those guys made alot of money in real estate / warehouses as it’s booming in Elizabeth. Elizabeth still has Italian meat stores, social clubs and feasts .
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

TommyNoto wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:37 am
Dave65827 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 pm The agent says The Decavs can give the five families a run for their money. They are “serious people” and are old school. And are “good in size” along with being tight nit.

I’m not sure about the size part but maybe some of them are more entrenched in legit rackets then we give them credit for. Construction & trucking business is booming there.

Some of those guys made alot of money in real estate / warehouses as it’s booming in Elizabeth. Elizabeth still has Italian meat stores, social clubs and feasts .
They currently have 45–50 made members (that we know of), which makes them the sixth largest family in the country. I believe they have fewer associates per made guy than the other families, but that's still a decent sized family.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."