Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Re: Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:04 am Larry's claim to fame is screwing the bosses wife. lmao Larry can't accept that. And now he just made it worse. He doesn't sound like a sharp guy in this. He doesn't have the necessary wits to make an intelligent response imo. can't wait to hear alite.
Look, he may have lied about getting made, but he was involved in a *ton* of work. He blew Nicky Black’s face clean off. That’s not nothing. Nicky Black was a certified heavyweight. Reducing him to some guy who screwed Scarpa’s wife seems a tad off.

I think it’s clear he was at least proposed. The whole reason he didn’t go through a proper ceremony was because the whole borgata was at war with each other. This isn’t a Hootie situation where he is lying about even getting proposed.

Plus—Calandra wasn’t calling out Mazza as some nobody who never did anything. He is just saying Larry is lying about getting straightened out. He acknowledged that Larry was a shooter that was involved with a lot of work
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:16 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:04 am Larry's claim to fame is screwing the bosses wife. lmao Larry can't accept that. And now he just made it worse. He doesn't sound like a sharp guy in this. He doesn't have the necessary wits to make an intelligent response imo. can't wait to hear alite.
Look, he may have lied about getting made, but he was involved in a *ton* of work. He blew Nicky Black’s face clean off. That’s not nothing. Nicky Black was a certified heavyweight. Reducing him to some guy who screwed Scarpa’s wife seems a tad off.

I think it’s clear he was at least proposed. The whole reason he didn’t go through a proper ceremony was because the whole borgata was at war with each other. This isn’t a Hootie situation where he is lying about even getting proposed.

Plus—Calandra wasn’t calling out Mazza as some nobody who never did anything. He is just saying Larry is lying about getting straightened out. He acknowledged that Larry was a shooter that was involved with a lot of work
your right about him. Regardless of the work he put in, he is known for screwing the bosses wife. We know more and view it differently, but generally speaking the bosses wife is what he's known for.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

But know one knew and was doing so with permission. He's legitimate. A kid dealing marijuana in a 4 block radius of a single borough of a larger city is not legitimate.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Bottom line ....Calandra is another Hootie.. 100 %
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Jbravo wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:02 pm Bottom line ....Calandra is another Hootie.. 100 %
From what I've seen of both there is no comparison.

We all know he is a rat but I think Calandra comes across quite well and has told plenty of interesting stories so far and I look forward to reading his book 'Gangsters In Training'
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Little Frankie wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:59 am Here’s something interesting that I learned from his most recent vid, they attempted to kill Mikey Hamster 3x but he survived them all. On the Inside the American Mafia show that Jimmy did back in 2014, the first story he tells is when he and Calco shot Hamster in the middle of an intersection. While he never said they killed him, I assumed they did based on the way the story was told.

Does anyone know what became of Hamster?
on google search it says Giangreco and Calandra was implying he was still alive in one of his latest videos
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Jbravo wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:02 pm Bottom line ....Calandra is another Hootie.. 100 %
Calandra was actually on record with Madonna.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Little Frankie wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:59 am Here’s something interesting that I learned from his most recent vid, they attempted to kill Mikey Hamster 3x but he survived them all. On the Inside the American Mafia show that Jimmy did back in 2014, the first story he tells is when he and Calco shot Hamster in the middle of an intersection. While he never said they killed him, I assumed they did based on the way the story was told.

Does anyone know what became of Hamster?
You know what, I thought the exact same thing. But after watching him explain the 3 different shootings on his YouTube channel, and then going back to watch him explain it on Inside the American Mafia, it looks to me like they edited his descriptions of the 3 shootings down to one single event. Because the details of the shooting on that show are a combination of the first and third shooting.

Calandra said he was hoping someone could get in touch with Michael Hamster because he said he could verify a few of the stories he’s told, as well as share some interesting ones of his own. He was actually like “I’d love for him to start his own podcast”
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

outfit guy wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:53 pm But no one knew about the affair but Scarpa and he gave permission. Larry is legitimate. A kid dealing marijuana in a 4 block radius of a single borough of a larger city is not legitimate.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

the only thing I think Calandra has that everyone else doesn't is truth in his stories. I feel like in his situation when he was younger and flipping at a young age he has less time to make all this sh*t up. I think he's more honest than Alite, Gunner, and Sammy, maybe even Mazza. Mazza has a bunch of these flash in the plan stories that make seem in the know but from a broad context not really that much time in the life. I am interested in what guys that are still in the life that he speaks to in South fla he claims.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

Fucking internet gangsters are all "rat this" "rat that". Why don't you shut the fuck up, listen, and learn something. For chrissakes. You guys are too busy being internet tough guys and ranting against what you perceive as rats. First off...most of these guys never spend a DAY in the street, now wanna sit in judgement of guys who made big mistakes in their lives. Big luxury.
Not many of us will know what it's like looking down at 25-multiple life bids, but find it easy to pass judgement on those who choose life.
Whatever. I'm not here to judge, but to listen and learn. I don't know everything, but have been around the block, but still have plenty to learn. Many should keep an open mind. IMHO.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

What do you mean, "spend a DAY in the street"? Define a mistake? Is a mistake a pre-meditated decision to take a short cut of robbery, murder and mayhem year after year after - oh wait, I'm caught! How do you judge these rats that recognized they're caught and will deal their time to someone else? I don't have the time to post the myriad of hyperlinks to MEN, that were caught, refused to give up their friends, reformed in the can and now are preachers. My cousin did 18 years do to an asshole that wouldn't do 18 months. Option 1: Jimmy Calandra and Bruno187 posting for him to justify ratting. Option 2: do the 18, come out, earn a Teamster pension and be a man.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Mazza and Jimmy are the two most believable guys currently putting out content. Their stories have maintained rather consistent throughout the years. Jimmy chose to do the things he did and is quite transparent about it. He doesn’t pretend he wasn’t a bad guy who did horrible things. Quite the opposite. I don’t think he blames his neighborhood as much as he just highlights the opportunity the area provided to foster his penchant for criminality. But he made the conscious decision to seek out the negativity. Most people don’t. Amershire is right in his assessment. Jimmy merely stated Larry did a lot of heavy work, but wasn’t “made”. This is consistent with Larry’s FBI debriefings. Larry seems extremely honest and transparent on what and how he conducted himself in that Life. I 100% think he was proposed and would’ve been made had he stayed on the street. I think in terms of his claim to being “made” it was a financially based decision of exaggerating his status as a proposed associate. It provides more platforms, exposure, and opportunities for him to create potential income. Again I love his stuff, his book is great as are most of his interviews. Outside of this detail (maybe a big one) his story has stood the test of time. He was close with Scarpa, he put in heavy work, and played a big part in the Colombo War.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Respectfully, he blames the neighborhood. Listen to each podcast and you'd believe it was the OK Corral in Bath Beach; it's quite the opposite as I've worked in banking with dozens of people from the same neighborhood. Add, no father present, etc., etc. How would Jimmy know who's made? He's dealing marijuana in a 2-block radius and doing home invasions. Larry is interacting at the highest levels of this glorified street gang mafia. The Bloods and Crips in Brooklyn and the Bronx are gangs but somehow Jimmy, living at home with his mom, is OC.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

I don’t see it that way. But that’s ok. I said he sought out negativity. Every place has an element of bad people or things around, but not everyone wants to be a part of that. Jimmy did. That was his poor choice. He’s in the minority of people from that neighborhood. Most people want to do positive things and live legitimately. My only point was there were individuals in that area who could foster that evil desire if that’s what was chosen. I’m not saying jimmy is an authority on who is made, but the FBI historically has a solid track record in that department. My main point was Jimmy’s statement aligns with Larry’s FBI debriefings. I’m not saying jimmy is the source, but the FBI is. Every FBI informant or witness who was made has been identified as such by the FBI. Your statement on his living situation made me laugh. Well done