General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Does anyone have the Milwaukee leadership for 1968? Going from memory

Frank Balistrieri - Boss
Peter Balistrieri - Capo
Joseph Caminiti - Consigliere or Capo
Joseph Gumina - UnderBoss or Capo
Steve DiSalvo - UnderBoss?

If I remember right there were 3 or 4 Capos in total. Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:34 pm Does anyone have the Milwaukee leadership for 1968? Going from memory

Frank Balistrieri - Boss
Peter Balistrieri - Capo

Pogo
Buscemi underboss
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:34 pm Does anyone have the Milwaukee leadership for 1968? Going from memory

Frank Balistrieri - Boss
Peter Balistrieri - Capo

Pogo
Sorry got my small Families mixed up for a second. Of cource Buscemi was Rockford underboss
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:05 pm That's it. Many thanks Motorfab. 8-)

Pogo
No prob amigo, here is a link with cleaner lists (without all the black lines) https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... search=t-2

In addition to the names in the list, you can add Francesco Balistrieri who was living in San Diego (page 250)

(btw I've been looking for a pic of him for years, if anyone has one he's my hero)
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

NEW POD CAST I FOUND THAT MIGHT BE DECENT...

SEEMS DUDE RESESRCHED WHAT HE TALKIN ABOUT

https://youtu.be/Nd0TEmvZRgA
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Just finished The Sixth Family by Humphreys and Lamothe. Had some issues with it but I had a couple of questions. Didn't wanna start a new thread so I'll just post the relevant excerpts here and hope some of the posters far more knowledgeable about Montreal can expand on them or clarify if they're inaccurate. The first is about Paolo Gervasi:
The elder Gervasi was believed to be a made man in Vito's Mafia, or, as some in Montreal's underworld say, he had "hot hands," a reference to the burning picture of a saint that Mafia members hold in their hands during their induction ceremony.
Has anyone else ever seen the phrase "hot hands" being used to refer to membership?

Second question, about Rizzuto:
A couple of months after the 1979 murder of Carmine Galante, [Frank] Lino had been sent to Montreal along with his captain, Bruno Indelicato - the son of Sonny Red and one of Galante's killers - and Thomas "Tommy Karate" Pitera, another soldier in Bruno's crew.
"We went to see, you know [about] a closer relationship with the Montreal faction," Lino said of that first visit. [...] One night in a restaurant during that trip, Bruno introduced Lino to Vito Rizzuto, saying Vito was a soldier in the Bonanno family.
Is this confirmation that Vito was inducted prior to the three captains murders? Pitera obviously wasn't inducted until several years later.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:43 am Just finished The Sixth Family by Humphreys and Lamothe. Had some issues with it but I had a couple of questions. Didn't wanna start a new thread so I'll just post the relevant excerpts here and hope some of the posters far more knowledgeable about Montreal can expand on them or clarify if they're inaccurate. The first is about Paolo Gervasi:
The elder Gervasi was believed to be a made man in Vito's Mafia, or, as some in Montreal's underworld say, he had "hot hands," a reference to the burning picture of a saint that Mafia members hold in their hands during their induction ceremony.
Has anyone else ever seen the phrase "hot hands" being used to refer to membership?

Second question, about Rizzuto:
A couple of months after the 1979 murder of Carmine Galante, [Frank] Lino had been sent to Montreal along with his captain, Bruno Indelicato - the son of Sonny Red and one of Galante's killers - and Thomas "Tommy Karate" Pitera, another soldier in Bruno's crew.
"We went to see, you know [about] a closer relationship with the Montreal faction," Lino said of that first visit. [...] One night in a restaurant during that trip, Bruno introduced Lino to Vito Rizzuto, saying Vito was a soldier in the Bonanno family.
Is this confirmation that Vito was inducted prior to the three captains murders? Pitera obviously wasn't inducted until several years later.
First question : no, but maybe it's a canadian expression ?

Second question : I don't think so, he & most likely Emanuele Ragusa were made during the 80's, after the three capos hit especially since he spent most of the 70s in Venezuela with his father. But I don't know what year they were made
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:36 am NEW POD CAST I FOUND THAT MIGHT BE DECENT...

You guys gotta watch this guys channell... It's fuçkin great
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:15 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:36 am NEW POD CAST I FOUND THAT MIGHT BE DECENT...

this clip is great, this guy is fucking great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_Aw4cudUA
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Ivan wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:53 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:15 pm

this clip is great, this guy is fucking great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_Aw4cudUA
That's what I'm trying to say!!!

This guy is not a normal mafia Podcast.....
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Every fuckin video by the guy can be discussed at length...
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Did salvatore Santoro really cut of his sentencing judges lecture in the Commission trial and say "I don't need any stories. Just give me my hundred and get me the fuck outta here!"? What's the source for this quote?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Ivan wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:12 pm Did salvatore Santoro really cut of his sentencing judges lecture in the Commission trial and say "I don't need any stories. Just give me my hundred and get me the fuck outta here!"? What's the source for this quote?

I know one of the people involved in the Commission case told this story in one of those mob documentaries from the 2000s.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:48 pm
Ivan wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:12 pm Did salvatore Santoro really cut of his sentencing judges lecture in the Commission trial and say "I don't need any stories. Just give me my hundred and get me the fuck outta here!"? What's the source for this quote?

I know one of the people involved in the Commission case told this story in one of those mob documentaries from the 2000s.
Thanks Pogo.

I found it in an old New York Times article, but they Bowdlerized to "Just get it over with!".
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Did Sammy Gravano kill Tommy Spero? Or was it Gerard Pappa? On the murder list it says Gravano killed him.

https://mafiahitters.com/sammy-gravanos-19-victims/