800 arrests: Ironside/Greenlight/Trojan

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

motorfab
Full Patched

Re: 800 arrests: Ironside/Greenlight/Trojan

Post by motorfab »

calabrianwatch wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:40 am The Vallelonga case indeed is puzzling. Australia did not grant extradition, but the interceptions were very clear. I am not aware of a John (Giovanni) Commisso in Western Australia but Siderno group there is managed by a number of families, similarly to Ontario with a variety of well known surnames including Commisso. There is no 'head' of Siderno there because Siderno is not the main clan. Indeed, the main clans are Barbaro-Sergi, they are the Crimine of Australia.
Thank you for the details. I think it was a contact of mine who was much more informed than me who had told me about this Commisso.

I have recently become interested in 'ndrangheta in Australia, so I have everything to learn, but I find it very interesting, as much as their counterparts in Canada.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

motorfab wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:49 am
calabrianwatch wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:40 am The Vallelonga case indeed is puzzling. Australia did not grant extradition, but the interceptions were very clear. I am not aware of a John (Giovanni) Commisso in Western Australia but Siderno group there is managed by a number of families, similarly to Ontario with a variety of well known surnames including Commisso. There is no 'head' of Siderno there because Siderno is not the main clan. Indeed, the main clans are Barbaro-Sergi, they are the Crimine of Australia.
Thank you for the details. I think it was a contact of mine who was much more informed than me who had told me about this Commisso.

I have recently become interested in 'ndrangheta in Australia, so I have everything to learn, but I find it very interesting, as much as their counterparts in Canada.
I love this article on the Barbaros

The empire of the Barbarians: eight 'ndrine, one clan. "Never feuds in 150 years"
The report of the Dia: alarm of the Antimafia. "This is how it is in the North." The Barbaro clan is the most important among those that have colonized Lombardy and Milan for more than forty years

by Cesare Giuzzi

It is a dynasty that has its roots in the early years of united Italy. Twenty-sixth January 1873, the last months of Giovanni Lanza's government.

In Platì, a tiny dot on the slopes of Aspromonte, Francesco Barbaro was born. Lime and mud houses, paths on the back of a mule herding sheep between rivers and sheepfolds.

The criminal legend of the most important 'Ndrangheta family in Calabria dates back to 150 years ago. The longest-lived, able to reach Lombardy and Piedmont as well as Australia. Never broken by a feud, never really undermined by repentants.

It is so powerful that it is today the most important Calabrian family of drug trafficking. So much so that in the 'Ndrangheta it is said that there are only two paths: either you are born a Barbaro or you become their ally. Nobody could go against them. The Barbaro clan is the most important among those that have colonized Lombardy and Milan for more than forty years.

The latest alarm comes from the Dia's six-monthly report presented yesterday to Parliament. A document that starts from the numerous operations that have hit the Barbaro-Papalia clan in recent months.

By decapitating branches under which, as happened after the North-South operation of the 1990s, new and even more fearful buds are already sprouting. Because that of the Barbaro family is the story of an indissoluble blood bond, in an inextricable forest of always identical names and surnames.

A document that starts from the numerous operations that have hit the Barbaro-Papalia clan in recent months. By decapitating branches under which, as happened after the North-South operation of the 1990s, new and even more fearful buds are already sprouting.

Because that of the Barbaro family is the story of an indissoluble blood bond, in an inextricable forest of always identical names and surnames. A document that starts from the numerous operations that have hit the Barbaro-Papalia clan in recent months. By decapitating branches under which, as happened after the North-South operation of the 1990s, new and even more fearful buds are already sprouting. Because that of the Barbaro family is the story of an indissoluble blood bond, in an inextricable forest of always identical names and surnames.

THE PLACES OF THE 'NDRANGHETA IN LOMBARDY

The descendants of the Barbaro-Papalia who arrived in Buccinasco and Corsico at the end of the seventies are all children of the patriarch Francesco Barbaro and his wife Marianna Carbone (born in 1877).

From their ten children will descend the five branches of the family and the eight 'ndrine that dominate the' ndrangheta of Platì: Barbaro Castanu , Rosi , Nigru , Pillaru , Perre Maistru , Papalia Carciutu , Sergi 'Mbilli (now in the background)and Trimboli Piseja

. In particular, from Pasquale Barbaro (1897) will descend Rosario, the head of the Rosi branch . Francesco Barbaro, known as Ciccio 'u Castanu , a boss who died at the age of 91 last November, was then generated by his son Domenico (1900) . Instead, his son Antonio (born in 1920) will give life to the Nigru branch of the clan, while through the marriages of his daughters Elisabetta and Serafina, the 'ndrine Perre Maistru and Papalia Carciutu will respectively be born..

Just three of the eight children of Serafina Barbaro and Giuseppe Papalia (1907) will then leave for Milan to become the bosses of Lombardy: Domenico (today in life imprisonment but acquitted after 41 years from the murder of D'Agostino), Rocco (released from prison a year ago and now in a workhouse in Vasto) and Antonio (to life imprisonment in Padua). The godparents who together with the other satellite families of the Barbaro (Sergi-Agresta-Marando-Musitano-Molluso-Zappia) will give life to the Lombard empire of the 'Ndrangheta.

Family ties essential to understand how a clan that conquered the world left from that village of shepherds. And that today, through cross marriages with the Pelle di San Luca family, he has become even stronger and more powerful. The latest investigations into the gangs in the North have revealed how the elder Ciccio 'u Castanu's son , Rocco Barbaro , was at the helm of "Lombardia", the body that governs the gangs, until his arrest .

The boss was sentenced to 16 years for having bought the «Vecchia Milano» bar in Corso Europa with money from drug trafficking. Captured two years ago in Platì, today Rocco is in prison. On the other hand, his brother Giuseppe, known as Peppe 'u Sparitu, is free, 62, a long-time fugitive.

Sick and for a long time under house arrest in a Rimini clinic, the boss was recently photographed by the carabinieri during the "Hole" investigation together with his 25-year-old son Domenico. The new recruits of the Perre clan of Casorate Primo, in the province of Pavia, the new frontier of the clan, were instead involved in the "Linfa" operation of July 2017.

With them also the descendants of the kidnappers of Alessandra Sgarella and the relatives of Giuseppe Perre, 'u Maistru, whose son-in-law Vincenzo Musitano was among the organizers of the «Stocco Festival» in Corsico. Story on which there is now the lighthouse of the Viminale which could lead to the dissolution of the municipality due to influence of the mafia. Antonio Barbaro, owner of a fruit shop in Gaggiano and descendant of theNigri , on the other hand, was only touched by an anti-drug investigation. While part of the Pillaru is Salvatore Barbaro, 44, son-in-law of Rocco Papalia, sentenced to 9 years. And now a fugitive.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Has anything else came out about those arrested? I did a quick search can't find much besides a few men arrested in Australia with ages and location but no names.