Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Re: Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Post by furiofromnaples »

joerock wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:59 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:52 am So anyone had a chart of the hierarchy?
Nobody knows about the chart for 2021 it’s quite unknown the 2015 chart I made with all the info we have is I suppose the most up to date chart maybe things changed since then maybe things haven’t.
Ok,joerock but seem strange to me that there wasn't infos on the Cavalcantes after 2015.Or they was lucky enought to maintein secret who's the boss and this its improbably but maybe they were really becomed a Gambinos crew. :lol: :lol: :lol:
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

It's a good question who the DeCavalcante's liaison with the Gambino family might be. It used to be Joe Arcuri. The NYC families have a long history of using a specific person to be a liaison to other families under their influence.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I just bought the book on my iPad going to skim it tonight and then refund it. Might write up a review of some decent info

Anyone looking for anything in particular
nmj1199
Associate

Post by nmj1199 »

B. wrote:And on the Montreal side a lot of it was orchestrated by a 30-something guy from NYC with no known involvement in any murders.

It's a question how many DeCavalcante members throughout their history have actually participated in a murder. A lot of the ones we know of were part of the NYC faction, but there haven't been enough known DeCavalcante murders in NJ for that many members to have participated. Rotondo said they used to bury guys in double decker coffins provided by Carmelo Corsentino's funeral home in the 1920s/30s -- the problem with that is Carmelo Corsentino didn't run a funeral home and it was his son Carl (also a member) who started the Corsentino funeral home much later. Who knows where he heard this or what he confused it with unless I'm missing something.

Sam DeCavalcante was recorded saying he had personally done multiple hits (and sometimes let other people take credit) but not sure what evidence there is. I can rattle off a few more NJ guys who allegedly participated in murders, but it's not a big list.
While I dont know the timeline I heard about Corsentinos duble decker funeral home while I was in local 394. It was a running joke with the Italian guys maybe a myth to keep people inline.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

nmj1199
Associate

Post by nmj1199 »

I am halfway through Giovannis ring, its okay some decent info not too much I didnt know so far. I wonder if the Undercover knew he picked a active soldiers last name (Gatto)and was ever questioned if he was related.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

What happened to that Decav soldier who got arrested for the road rage incident a few yrs ago that was caught on video, is he out or still in jail?
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I’m on chapter 21 and apparently Stango introduced the Undercover to a zip from Sicily names “Angelo” the “largest individual you will ever see” stango says he would “Kill anybody you want”
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Also Stango’s girlfriend “Patricia Malone” was a leak in law enforcement and she would erase wiretaps and would tip off the Decavs to raids

And my new favorite quote from the book “See this guy here?” Luigi said, referring to Charlie. “Talk about heat! He’s the hottest motherfucker out here. See what he’s doing? Talking on the phone. He’s always on the phone, and he’s gonna get himself caught again.”
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

james dirty is an older construction guy. He should be out by now. idk if he is made. but it's amazing to me they had this Intel and made very little money, didn't leverage that info to help their fellow compadre or make more money, tone down their activities and whatever else they could of utilized.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:04 pm james dirty is an older construction guy. He should be out by now. idk if he is made. but it's amazing to me they had this Intel and made very little money, didn't leverage that info to help their fellow compadre or make more money, tone down their activities and whatever else they could of utilized.
Funny thing I just read the book they warned the undercover to stay away from him but didn’t bother warning James.

Apparently the FBI never bothered following the lead and for all the agents knowledge the person is still out there as a mole
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Dave65827 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:46 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:04 pm james dirty is an older construction guy. He should be out by now. idk if he is made. but it's amazing to me they had this Intel and made very little money, didn't leverage that info to help their fellow compadre or make more money, tone down their activities and whatever else they could of utilized.
Funny thing I just read the book they warned the undercover to stay away from him but didn’t bother warning James.

Apparently the FBI never bothered following the lead and for all the agents knowledge the person is still out there as a mole
and this why we should not put some much weight into govt indictments/charts/commentary/etc because this type of incompetence, misapplication of manpower, tax payer waste is happening everywhere.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:38 pm
and this why we should not put some much weight into govt indictments/charts/commentary/etc because this type of incompetence, misapplication of manpower, tax payer waste is happening everywhere.
Nothing is 100% when you're investigating a criminal organization but anyone who has studied OC for any length of time knows government intel is far and away the most consistently accurate source of information. Whether it be directly, via reports or indictments, or indirectly through proven journalists who report that information. Nothing else is even in the same ballpark.
All roads lead to New York.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Crazy. Didn't know he worked for Roma Foods, which has longstanding connections to the Colombo family and NJ zips.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Anyone know what Merlo died from? He was a young guy, he looked like hell though.

-Dante