General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gaspipe
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by gaspipe »

Did they actually transfer?
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

gaspipe wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:15 am Did they actually transfer?
Yes, they transferred and actually got made with the Luccheses.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

gaspipe wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:45 am How did the twins end up with the Luchesse?
One version of it has Castellano going to Frankie DeCicco giving him the hit on Roy DeMeo, DeCicco realizing how hard it would be to kill DeMeo decides to enlist the help of Roys closest friends. DeCicco has to get to the twins and he does it using Casso who was close to them. As payment Casso asks that the Gambino family release the twins to him. When Casso meets the twins and tells them to kill DeMeo he says if they get it done properly he will straighten them both out.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Does anyone have the Milwaukee and Madison 1960s member lists that were on MF? Or a direct link to MF? I use to have it but I lost them. Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

Oh so the twins were just associates with the Gambinos. Didn't realize that.
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

gaspipe wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:09 pm Oh so the twins were just associates with the Gambinos. Didn't realize that.
Everyone in the crew was an associate except Roy DeMeo.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

The DeMeo crew is the only crew of associates that I've ever heard referred to by a proper name. Usually "crew" refers to an official crew led by a captain.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:01 pm The DeMeo crew is the only crew of associates that I've ever heard referred to by a proper name. Usually "crew" refers to an official crew led by a captain.
Yeah, technically a sub-crew. The crew, proper, was led by Gaggi. DeMeo was one of several soldiers in the crew. And he had how own sub-crew of associates - the "DeMeo Crew."
All roads lead to New York.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

I think it’s a law enforcement thing, they probably named it like that due to its notoriety, but most made guys had a crew of guys making money for them.
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

This article is atrocious.

mafia.wiki.org is trash, eh. anyone got a link for a good read on mad sam?
Last edited by gaspipe on Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:17 am
gaspipe wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:45 am How did the twins end up with the Luchesse?
One version of it has Castellano going to Frankie DeCicco giving him the hit on Roy DeMeo, DeCicco realizing how hard it would be to kill DeMeo decides to enlist the help of Roys closest friends. DeCicco has to get to the twins and he does it using Casso who was close to them. As payment Casso asks that the Gambino family release the twins to him. When Casso meets the twins and tells them to kill DeMeo he says if they get it done properly he will straighten them both out.
I guess Gas was just that shrewd but it's odd the Gambinos didn't do the exact same thing and leverage a spot in the family to the other psychos in his crew.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

I think the rest of his crew was either murdered, disappeared, or cooperated.
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

That was after DeMeo died tho?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:31 pm
gaspipe wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:09 pm Oh so the twins were just associates with the Gambinos. Didn't realize that.
But everyone was a stone cold killer and it gave them tremendous leeway with basically everyone. Sometimes circumstance leads a soldier to have a stronger crew than some captains in his family. DeMeo being one and another who jumps to the front of my mind is Bruno Facciolo who had a ton of tough guys around him.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:40 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:31 pm
But everyone was a stone cold killer and it gave them tremendous leeway with basically everyone. Sometimes circumstance leads a soldier to have a stronger crew than some captains in his family. DeMeo being one and another who jumps to the front of my mind is Bruno Facciolo who had a ton of tough guys around him.
Definitely, if Montiglio’s statements were correct which I don’t believe about the crew’s earnings since he wasn’t that close with them, then they were basically the epitome of what a drug dealing, auto theft, murdering crew would look like. Imo.