General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by JeremyTheJew »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:50 pm Any current info on whether Larry Dentico and Mario Gigante are still alive?

Both would be 97.

Researchers?
I thought Mario gigante was recently brought up with the Esposito case??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Basilicata did have their mafia - still do. Only difference is that the formerly known Famiglia Basilischi founded on the rituals of the ndrangheta was dismantled by authorities in 2000s and now what is left is split between the Camorra clans above the apulian clans on the right and the Calabrians on the south

For their story https://www.academia.edu/633694/Fifth_C ... Basilischi (someone already posted above)

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... '_in_Italy
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Did the Persicos really make Bill Cutolo the underboss with the intention of eventually killing him, or was the decision to kill him made later when Allie Boy was facing a prison sentence?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

TallGuy19 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:49 am Did the Persicos really make Bill Cutolo the underboss with the intention of eventually killing him, or was the decision to kill him made later when Allie Boy was facing a prison sentence?
He was killed a few years AFTER the war.
I wanna say almost 5 years??
It was a lame move but they knew they'd have him killed from the get go.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Has anyone seen the move

RETURN OF JOE RICH

a very weird artsy Chicago outfit movie with Armand Asante.

Lol its one of those movies where you don't even know how to feel afterwards and I'm hoping it didn't fuck up my day .
Probably not
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:42 am Has anyone seen the move

RETURN OF JOE RICH

Lol its one of those movies where you don't even know how to feel afterwards and I'm hoping it didn't fuck up my day .
Probably not
Nah, never heard of it actually lol. I’ll check it out though, thanks for the nod.

The summary on IMDb states “Joe returns home to the last place on planet Earth where real men can be found...Chicago”. Lol, I like it already.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I've been trying to look into the 2 Ndrangheta cells in Thunder Bay, Ontario and came across this post on gangsterbb. I'm wonder if anyone here knows what this guy is talking about. I can't seem to find anything about a RCMP operation in Thunder Bay where they had an informant within the cell.
For those who dint know, years ago, I cant remember exactly when it was, but an RCMP undercover of Calabrian decent was almost "made" into the Thunder Bay cell of the Canada Ndrangheta. It could have been in the 1970s or 80s because what I specifically remember is that the cell was newly formed n had only 6 "made" members or men of honor at the time the RCMP infiltrated the cell. in fact, I remember thinking to myself when I found out...."shit, they pulled a Donnie Brasco on them. This is worse than the Francesco Caccamo papers incident." Because the cell wss new n do small I figured the whole cell is gonna be whacked out for this disgrace. Im gonna try n find some old articles on this.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

PolackTony wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:28 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:42 am Has anyone seen the move

RETURN OF JOE RICH

Probably not
Nah, never heard of it actually lol. I’ll check it out though, thanks for the nod.

The summary on IMDb states “Joe returns home to the last place on planet Earth where real men can be found...Chicago”. Lol, I like it already.
Bro it's like a weird mafia / times are a changing type movie
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Anyone knows who supported Carmine Galante’s attempted coup?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Why was Frank Lastorino shelved?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Ivan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:14 pm Why was Frank Lastorino shelved?

Looks to be for his role in the unauthorized murder of Patty Trsta.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Buffalo has always claimed Ontario as their territory and we know how Magaddino was if someone operated in his territory without permission, and more recently Todaro Jr apparently with Lavarone. So what was the arrangement with Buffalo and Detroit in reference to Windsor Ontario?

I feel like that story kinda gets lost since everyone only ever talks about Buffalo & Bonanno.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

OcSleeper wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:38 am I've been trying to look into the 2 Ndrangheta cells in Thunder Bay, Ontario and came across this post on gangsterbb. I'm wonder if anyone here knows what this guy is talking about. I can't seem to find anything about a RCMP operation in Thunder Bay where they had an informant within the cell.
For those who dint know, years ago, I cant remember exactly when it was, but an RCMP undercover of Calabrian decent was almost "made" into the Thunder Bay cell of the Canada Ndrangheta. It could have been in the 1970s or 80s because what I specifically remember is that the cell was newly formed n had only 6 "made" members or men of honor at the time the RCMP infiltrated the cell. in fact, I remember thinking to myself when I found out...."shit, they pulled a Donnie Brasco on them. This is worse than the Francesco Caccamo papers incident." Because the cell wss new n do small I figured the whole cell is gonna be whacked out for this disgrace. Im gonna try n find some old articles on this.
There has never been an operation in Thunder Bay by RCMP. there was an opertion called Crimine by Italians, in 2008 that discovered that some Calabrians in Thunder Bay were establishing a Locale. There is no 'made' members in the 'ndrangheta, by the day, they were just setting up a new structure, but this structure was not doing anything criminal, so the RCMP never followed up.
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

How did the twins end up with the Luchesse?
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

gaspipe wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:45 am How did the twins end up with the Luchesse?
I think Casso arranged it so that if they killed Roy DeMeo they could transfer to the Luccheses.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."