Former Youngstoen Mob Boss Lenny Strollo Dies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Former Youngstoen Mob Boss Lenny Strollo Dies

Post by JCB1977 »

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
The Greek
Straightened out

Re: Former Youngstoen Mob Boss Lenny Strollo Dies

Post by The Greek »

Thanks for posting JCB
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

I still find it interesting that Strollo didn't really seem to get utilized as much as other made members who flip.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Adam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:29 pm I still find it interesting that Strollo didn't really seem to get utilized as much as other made members who flip.
When I posted this yesterday I noted that effectively Lenny put an end to any organized LCN activity in the Mahoning Valley.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

FriendofHenry wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:37 pm
Adam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:29 pm I still find it interesting that Strollo didn't really seem to get utilized as much as other made members who flip.
When I posted this yesterday I noted that effectively Lenny put an end to any organized LCN activity in the Mahoning Valley.
I just always thought he might have been used in cases in Pittsburgh, other parts of Ohio or maybe Michigan. As in I always hoped he'd have Detroit info to share when he flipped. But apparently not.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Adam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:51 pm
I just always thought he might have been used in cases in Pittsburgh, other parts of Ohio or maybe Michigan. As in I always hoped he'd have Detroit info to share when he flipped. But apparently not.
Since Henry died before Lenny ratted out Bernie and everyone else in town his only fear was that if he gave the Pittsburgh people up it would have been a death sentence. If Lenny had much if any affiliation with Detroit, I never had any knowledge of that.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

FriendofHenry wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:13 pm
Since Henry died before Lenny ratted out Bernie and everyone else in town his only fear was that if he gave the Pittsburgh people up it would have been a death sentence. If Lenny had much if any affiliation with Detroit, I never had any knowledge of that.
Interesting. Yeah the Detroit hope was always just that. A hope. But had kind of hoped that Lenny knew a bunch of the Detroit affiliated guys in Youngstown back in the 50s-60s and had maybe had some business/social connections still with the younger guys who replaced them in Detroit. Legal or illegal.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

He did give up Sonny
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

I believe Lenny only gave up his constituents in the Mahoning Valley. I knew of no Sonny from town but that doesn't mean there wasn't one.
If that means you're talking about a "Cleveland" Sonny, then I guess not. You know me, if I don't know for sure then I don't know.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Stroccos wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:58 am
He did give up Sonny
Ciancutti?
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Adam wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:45 am
Stroccos wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:58 am
He did give up Sonny
Ciancutti?
Da, My bad...Lenny did give up Sonny Ciancutti. He only got away with it because Chucky Porter also gave him up. Sonny booked $500k a week.
Mustangsally
Straightened out

Post by Mustangsally »

Lenny said:

"Tell that fuckin' de Sousa he owes me a lot of money for all those news papers I sold for him" LOL

https://youtu.be/ygT4Bs42qxU
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Mustangsally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:38 am Lenny said:

"Tell that fuckin' de Sousa he owes me a lot of money for all those news papers I sold for him" LOL

https://youtu.be/ygT4Bs42qxU
Absolutely legendary quote. That's as good a bookend for the Youngstown mob as "two shines and a jew". :lol:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Other than Bertram's reporting on Lenny, Bert's damn near as big a scumbag as Lenny was.
Bert's latest butcher job was when he besmirched the reputation of one of Mahoning County's most generous businessmen and a really nice guy.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Was Strollo even really under Pittsburgh? I mean who gave him permission to whack two made men and use blacks on top of it. Sounds like he was independent. He was the one that should have been whacked. Possibly he went independent when the leadership in Pittsburgh broke down