General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TallGuy19
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by TallGuy19 »

desertdog wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:03 pm I'm wondering, do all the members of a certain family know each other or at least have heard of each other? They probably don't have a Christmas party every year for everybody but could a guy be with a family for years and meet somebody he doesn't know but is in the same family?
There's probably 5000 LCN guys in NYC (made and associates).....I wonder how many of them know each other.
No, they don't all know each other. As an associate or a soldier, you mostly stick to your own crew and probably have some interaction with other crews that operate near you. Joe Massino testified that there were members of the Bonanno family whom he had never met—and he was the official boss.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

TallGuy19 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:11 pm Joe Massino testified that there were members of the Bonanno family whom he had never met—and he was the official boss.

Joe Bonanno said the same thing in his book.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Anyone have any details about the murder of Billy Grasso of the Patriarca family? Two members of Grasso's team were directly involved in his murder and became government witnesses, maybe someone has their testimony?
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

One thing that always puzzled me, when a mob guy knows he's gonna' get wacked, why don't they run? Guy's like Roy DeMeo, Sonny Black and the kid who pushed Spero know what's coming, why not jump in your car, drive to podunk Kansas, change your name, not contact your family and thus be able to live?
Any type of life is preferable to being dead.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

And you can add all the guys in Chicago and Philly who refused to pay the street tax and just kept going about their business as if nothing happened. I mean they couldn't have been so dense as to not realize they were going to be killed? Yet they all stayed, continued to operate in the open, etc. It never made any sense to me.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Where are they going to go? These guys have lived in New York, Philly, etc. for their entire lives—many of them have probably never been outside the neighborhood they live in. Imagine how difficult it would be to pack your bags tonight and move halfway across the country to a city you've never even been to. Plus, most of these guys probably thought they could smooth things over. I remember Leonetti saying in his interviews that Salvie Testa didn't seem to realize how serious his problem was, and he thought Leonetti could save him.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Is the information on the Newyorkmafia page accurate?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:02 am Where are they going to go? These guys have lived in New York, Philly, etc. for their entire lives—many of them have probably never been outside the neighborhood they live in. Imagine how difficult it would be to pack your bags tonight and move halfway across the country to a city you've never even been to. Plus, most of these guys probably thought they could smooth things over. I remember Leonetti saying in his interviews that Salvie Testa didn't seem to realize how serious his problem was, and he thought Leonetti could save him.
EXACTLY

Also remember all these guys have STREET REPS to protect. And that's sometimes more Important then the actual issue at hand.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Reminds me of the recent Zottola situation. I know the thing came from their brother and not the family but them not cooperating with authorities made me think they thought it was from the family
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Shellackhead wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:09 am Is the information on the Newyorkmafia page accurate?

A lot of it is deliberately made up to screw with people.

Pogo
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:04 am
Shellackhead wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:09 am Is the information on the Newyorkmafia page accurate?

A lot of it is deliberately made up to screw with people.

Pogo
Thanks, Pogo.
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

It's not that difficult to disappear if someone is looking to kill you. I did it. Many years ago in a far western town I made an early morning phone call and was told that guys had come to my workplace looking for me, heavy duty guys (non Italian), I knew exactly what was up and they would either hurt me or kill me, I was told not to go to the gym either as they were waiting for me there. I crossed the street to my apt., threw my clothes into my car and was gone in 10 minutes. I camped-out outside of town and stayed away from my regular area's. 2 weeks later I flew back to L.A. and blended in.
I'm still kickin and everyone involved has passed away. I'll admit I was pretty nervous for a few weeks...
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

desertdog wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:31 am It's not that difficult to disappear if someone is looking to kill you. I did it. Many years ago in a far western town I made an early morning phone call and was told that guys had come to my workplace looking for me, heavy duty guys (non Italian), I knew exactly what was up and they would either hurt me or kill me, I was told not to go to the gym either as they were waiting for me there. I crossed the street to my apt., threw my clothes into my car and was gone in 10 minutes. I camped-out outside of town and stayed away from my regular area's. 2 weeks later I flew back to L.A. and blended in.
I'm still kickin and everyone involved has passed away. I'll admit I was pretty nervous for a few weeks...
.....so bc you had this odd situation Happen your saying you can just pack up and re start???

Your story has you coming back.... U left for what 2 weeks??? It must not if been that bad....
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

No, I left for good. Hawaii used to have it's own Mafia (not Italian), very organized and pretty violent. I was young and dumb and crossed a guy who was connected. It's not that hard to pack up and restart...I did it several other times also.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

desertdog wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:20 am No, I left for good. Hawaii used to have it's own Mafia (not Italian), very organized and pretty violent. I was young and dumb and crossed a guy who was connected. It's not that hard to pack up and restart...I did it several other times also.
Okay....what OC groups in Hawaii?? Yakuza I heard or there... Maybe some bikers...?

Just saying I think it's big difference between.... Whatever group in Hawaii u talk about.... And a nationwide KNOWN organized crime mafia group. Ya dig?