Mobsters killed by a sniper

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Mobsters killed by a sniper

Post by Ivan »

Joe Barboza hunted down in Cali and picked off by JR Russo. Afterwards Larry Zannino said of Russo "He's a genius with a carbine." :lol:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

I haven't lived in Youngstown for a few years now and I really don't keep track of nor do I care about what's going on with whoever's left ;)
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:20 pm I haven't lived in Youngstown for a few years now and I really don't keep track of nor do I care about what's going on with whoever's left ;)
what's left is some ancient independent bookies and loansharks, a bunch of black drug kids who are now unable to fantasize about becoming "the first nigga to be a made man", and Lenny Strollo enjoying his money and golden years
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

You hit it right on the nose :) The only thing Lenny worries about is living long enough to count all his cash ;)
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:42 pm You hit it right on the nose :) The only thing Lenny worries about is living long enough to count all his cash ;)
Did anyone ever put together a list of murders that Strollo admitted involvement in? Like the Gravano list?
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Wasn't Frank Monte also killed by a sniper (on Harry Riccobene's orders)?
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:15 pm Wasn't Frank Monte also killed by a sniper (on Harry Riccobene's orders)?
Yeah I listed Monte earlier in the thread.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Adam wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:19 pm
Dwalin2014 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:15 pm Wasn't Frank Monte also killed by a sniper (on Harry Riccobene's orders)?
Yeah I listed Monte earlier in the thread.
Ok, sorry I missed that post.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Adam wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:11 pm
FriendofHenry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:42 pm You hit it right on the nose :) The only thing Lenny worries about is living long enough to count all his cash ;)
Did anyone ever put together a list of murders that Strollo admitted involvement in? Like the Gravano list?
I've never seen a list of "Lenny's Greatest Hits" :D but Ernie Biondillo for sure. Lenny paid Bernie the Jew, his life long friend and biggest producer with The All American Club, to wack Ernie then Ratted him out to save his own ass :(
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

In your opinion, why was there no retaliation against Amil Dinsio for the Naples murder? He killed a mafia member without authorization by other mafiosi after all.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Amil was always an independent contractor so to speak thus no concern for him killing a made man, at least in his mind. Yes, Amil been around for a long time and I can't believe that he didn't know that you just don't kill a made guy. At least in this particular case there was no retaliation and definitely not the kinda' question I would ask "why not".
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:23 pm Amil was always an independent contractor so to speak thus no concern for him killing a made man, at least in his mind. Yes, Amil been around for a long time and I can't believe that he didn't know that you just don't kill a made guy. At least in this particular case there was no retaliation and definitely not the kinda' question I would ask "why not".
there is always the chance that Lenny was covering for a old pal, not likely though as he gave up Bernie

There must of been zero worry on Amil part , as you know he was picked casin those banks with Altshuler in the early 90's
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Ivan wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:22 pm
FriendofHenry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:42 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:21 am https://gangsterreport.com/the-flames-o ... -timeline/
https://gangsterreport.com/the-montreal ... into-2019/

June 20, 1947 - Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel was shot with a .30 caliber military M1 carbine;

December 3, 1978 – Prato and Naples’ lieutenant Charles (Spider) Gresham is shot to death outside his apartment building getting out of his car after a late-night shift bartending at the My Place Lounge by a sniper’s rifle.

August 19, 1991 - Naples was killed in a mob hit in Youngstown by a sniper shot from a long distance away with a high-powered rifle.

November 10, 2010 - Nicolò Rizzuto,was killed with a single bullet from a sniper's rifle punched through double-paned glass of the rear patio doors of his mansion;

October 24, 2011 – Rizzuto ally-turned-rival Larry Lopresti, the son of a slain Rizzuto lieutenant, is killed on his home balcony in suburban Montreal while smoking a cigarette.
As usual Furio has at least one of his, whatever he calls them, wrong. Joey Naples was not killed in a "mob hit". He was killed by an independant looking to gain favor when the other Youngstown Mob Boss who had no knowledge of the the "hit" per/say until it was over and done with. That's what happened !
When I found out about this it blew my mind. That has got to be one of the weirdest hits in mob history, but the crazy story did finally make some sense when you factor in how Strollo insisted he had nothing to do with the Naples hit even though he freely admitted to everything else.

Wonder what Lenny's up to these days. He's about 90, so probably not much! Is Amil still in jail?

I'm actually in the center of the universe AKA Ohio right now so it's interesting to hear Ohio mob stuff.
yeah he got out an he even wrote a book, i read it it was decent worth a read if your into youngstown , obv he doesnt mention the naples hit
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:42 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:21 am https://gangsterreport.com/the-flames-o ... -timeline/
https://gangsterreport.com/the-montreal ... into-2019/

June 20, 1947 - Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel was shot with a .30 caliber military M1 carbine;

December 3, 1978 – Prato and Naples’ lieutenant Charles (Spider) Gresham is shot to death outside his apartment building getting out of his car after a late-night shift bartending at the My Place Lounge by a sniper’s rifle.

August 19, 1991 - Naples was killed in a mob hit in Youngstown by a sniper shot from a long distance away with a high-powered rifle.

November 10, 2010 - Nicolò Rizzuto,was killed with a single bullet from a sniper's rifle punched through double-paned glass of the rear patio doors of his mansion;

October 24, 2011 – Rizzuto ally-turned-rival Larry Lopresti, the son of a slain Rizzuto lieutenant, is killed on his home balcony in suburban Montreal while smoking a cigarette.
As usual Furio has at least one of his, whatever he calls them, wrong. Joey Naples was not killed in a "mob hit". He was killed by an independant looking to gain favor when the other Youngstown Mob Boss who had no knowledge of the the "hit" per/say until it was over and done with. That's what happened !
FOH I respect you as pittsburgh mafia expert but I wrote "mobster killed by a sniper" so if the hit was authorizated or not isnt important,I only want to made a list of mobsters killed by a sniper. So the fact is that Joey Naples was killed,the why,isnt important for me.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Truth be told: Details were never Furio's thing ;)