Mobsters killed by a sniper

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Mobsters killed by a sniper

Post by furiofromnaples »

https://gangsterreport.com/the-flames-o ... -timeline/
https://gangsterreport.com/the-montreal ... into-2019/

June 20, 1947 - Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel was shot with a .30 caliber military M1 carbine;

December 3, 1978 – Prato and Naples’ lieutenant Charles (Spider) Gresham is shot to death outside his apartment building getting out of his car after a late-night shift bartending at the My Place Lounge by a sniper’s rifle.

August 19, 1991 - Naples was killed in a mob hit in Youngstown by a sniper shot from a long distance away with a high-powered rifle.

November 10, 2010 - Nicolò Rizzuto,was killed with a single bullet from a sniper's rifle punched through double-paned glass of the rear patio doors of his mansion;

October 24, 2011 – Rizzuto ally-turned-rival Larry Lopresti, the son of a slain Rizzuto lieutenant, is killed on his home balcony in suburban Montreal while smoking a cigarette.
motorfab
Full Patched

Re: Mobsters killed by a sniper

Post by motorfab »

Rocco Violi in 1980
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

I believe the Siegel hit was the most precise one, although im not sure if the hitman used a scope on his rifle since he took the shots right from the backyard which i believe wouldve been too close for the usage of a scope.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

motorfab wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:28 am Rocco Violi in 1980
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Nicolo Rizzuto was killed by a sniper
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Frank Monte-Philly.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Villain wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:11 am I believe the Siegel hit was the most precise one, although im not sure if the hitman used a scope on his rifle since he took the shots right from the backyard which i believe wouldve been too close for the usage of a scope.
The stealing over the Flamingo 🦩 was the consensus reason Siegel was murdered, has anyone heard the additional issue regarding Joey Adonis and Virginia Hill?

Basically, Hill was everybody’s girl, the ‘guys’ in CN, I’ll assume. Then, Siegel like the money was hoarding Hill, as if she was just his, this was also part of why he was murdered?
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SantoClaus wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:55 am
Villain wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:11 am I believe the Siegel hit was the most precise one, although im not sure if the hitman used a scope on his rifle since he took the shots right from the backyard which i believe wouldve been too close for the usage of a scope.
The stealing over the Flamingo 🦩 was the consensus reason Siegel was murdered, has anyone heard the additional issue regarding Joey Adonis and Virginia Hill?

Basically, Hill was everybody’s girl, the ‘guys’ in CN, I’ll assume. Then, Siegel like the money was hoarding Hill, as if she was just his, this was also part of why he was murdered?
Virginia was in fact a "Chicago girl" who started in/worked for the Joe Epstein/Jake Guzik crowd (the Outfits Jewish or non-Ital faction) and theres a great possibility that she was with Siegel to keep an eye on him or in plain words to inform the mob regarding his actions. The Outfits Jewish crowd was also connected to Lansky. They allegedly all donated cash or weapons to Israel during and after WWII
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Nikki Boy
Associate

Post by Nikki Boy »

Steve Cirillo from gallo gang murder of sniper shot
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Villain wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:08 am
SantoClaus wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:55 am

Virginia was in fact a "Chicago girl" who started in/worked for the Joe Epstein/Jake Guzik crowd (the Outfits Jewish or non-Ital faction) and theres a great possibility that she was with Siegel to keep an eye on him or in plain words to inform the mob regarding his actions. The Outfits Jewish crowd was also connected to Lansky. They allegedly all donated cash or weapons to Israel during and after WWII
Thanks, very interesting! But they never let Lansky into Israel 🇮🇱, just like Hyman Roth lol
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

SantoClaus wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:19 am Thanks, very interesting! But they never let Lansky into Israel 🇮🇱, just like Hyman Roth lol
And Joseph Joanovici. He was a businessman connected to the Gestapo gangsters of the 93 rue Lauriston aka "La Carlingue". A nice bunch of assholes. Anyway, the guy helped the Gestapo and the Resistance and tried to get back to Israel to take advantage of Israel's law of return. Needless to say they kindly said no thank you ...

In addition to Joanovici & Lansky, Robert Soblen, a working spy for the Russians, complete this pretty picture of Jews turned back from Israel.

But yes Lansky was in Israel but deported, like the 2 guys I mentionned

(nice joke about Hyman Roth by the way ^^)
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I dont think Lopresti was killed by a sniper but if im wrong please correct me
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

JFK
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

furiofromnaples wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:21 am https://gangsterreport.com/the-flames-o ... -timeline/

June 20, 1947 - Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel was shot with a .30 caliber military M1 carbine;

December 3, 1978 – Prato and Naples’ lieutenant Charles (Spider) Gresham is shot to death outside his apartment building getting out of his car after a late-night shift bartending at the My Place Lounge by a sniper’s rifle.

August 19, 1991 - Naples was killed in a mob hit in Youngstown by a sniper shot from a long distance away with a high-powered rifle.

November 10, 2010 - Nicolò Rizzuto,was killed with a single bullet from a sniper's rifle punched through double-paned glass of the rear patio doors of his mansion;

October 24, 2011 – Rizzuto ally-turned-rival Larry Lopresti, the son of a slain Rizzuto lieutenant, is killed on his home balcony in suburban Montreal while smoking a cigarette.
As usual Furio has at least one of his, whatever he calls them, wrong. Joey Naples was not killed in a "mob hit". He was killed by an independant looking to gain favor when the other Youngstown Mob Boss who had no knowledge of the the "hit" per/say until it was over and done with. That's what happened !
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:42 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:21 am https://gangsterreport.com/the-flames-o ... -timeline/

As usual Furio has at least one of his, whatever he calls them, wrong. Joey Naples was not killed in a "mob hit". He was killed by an independant looking to gain favor when the other Youngstown Mob Boss who had no knowledge of the the "hit" per/say until it was over and done with. That's what happened !
When I found out about this it blew my mind. That has got to be one of the weirdest hits in mob history, but the crazy story did finally make some sense when you factor in how Strollo insisted he had nothing to do with the Naples hit even though he freely admitted to everything else.

Wonder what Lenny's up to these days. He's about 90, so probably not much! Is Amil still in jail?

I'm actually in the center of the universe AKA Ohio right now so it's interesting to hear Ohio mob stuff.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID