Guys that never got made that should have been made ?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TSNYC
Straightened out

Re: Guys that never got made that should have been made ?

Post by TSNYC »

Maybe made by now, but BF Guerra was surprising. I guess just nature of doing time, and short stints out on the street. Clearly a killer and a decent earner.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I believe Guerra initially turned down being made. Years later when he agreed to it he got busted just before the ceremony was to take place.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:24 pm While I think it's kind of silly for a guy like me to say that someone should or shouldn't have been made, I'm surprised that Pete Savino didn't get his button. You have a guy who is committed to a criminal life, capable of murder, savvy businessman/big earner who by all accounts had a close personal relationship with the Chin himself. To the point that the normally shrewd and cold-hearted boss refused to believe that Savino was cooperating even when given a tip from a law enforcement source. Maybe there's something I don't know about that would disqualify him or maybe he turned it down because all the info I've read about him would suggest that he would be a prime candidate for membership in the Genovese family.
You made some good points, but it seems like the Genovese keep guys like that, guys who have "mega rackets", as 'high level' associates who are direct with either a Captain or even a Boss. I could be wrong here - I feel like they weren't / aren't made, but I could be wrong - but look at guys like Carmine Franco, the Ponte brothers, Barney's brother-in-law, and some of the ILA guys who have been around the family forever, no matter who the administration is, but never got made. It's probably for a reason. Which is weird when it came out that Sylvaster Zarzana was identified as a reputed made member - he was a big, out front Union guy literally outside rallying up workers like he was Harry Van Arsdale - they seem to usually keep those super important guys as associates . Maybe Gigante wanted to keep Savino at arms length and keep him making money and away from the politics (or maybe since Savino went off and killed somebody, they thought he'd be the type of made guy who'd break rules, cause problems, etc. which they seem to have much less of compared to the other families)
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Guido ? From jillys crew felt he deserved it.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Bf guerra for sure,, I can’t imagine he was put up serval times and probably declined... if he wants it I’m sure he can get it, he gets out June this year.. so I guess we will see...
I know there was a few young guys around wild Bill who turned it down but stayed associates.... black dom Dionisio was one I heard turned it down... then recently I heard a while ago he switched over to the west side and got made by them... it’s not confirmed but I for sure believe it... he’s been capable and a monster earner since way back in the day with wild Bill...

Speaking of people who “shouldn’t” be made... a name that I always hear brought up is tall Pete inzerillo, which seems surprising with his pedigree.. but all I’ve heard is that he’s a moron and just would ride calis coattails and that was the only reason he had any clout..
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Is the 3rd mazzone brother fully legitimate?? Anthony?? Seems really weird to me that he’s got 2 brothers in the life, who he’s close to and is always around... but have never heard of him ever being involved.. always wondered why?
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

if thats true about Dom, it's a shame. Rico isn't getting back involved.......
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Irish Moe
Prospect

Post by Irish Moe »

Nicodemo "Nicky Slick" DiPietro & Albert Ruggiano (Fat Andy's Son)
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Irish Moe wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:13 am Nicodemo "Nicky Slick" DiPietro & Albert Ruggiano (Fat Andy's Son)
Nicky Slick was always a 10th and O crew guy, so you can’t really consider him given that he wasn’t even really associated with LCN.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

That guy who writes the Colombo blog who pretty accurate says frank Guerra turn down a button once and allie boy remember it so when his name came around again he shot it down or something like that probaly from prison
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Angelo ponte , Carmine franco. Don’t think both those were made