Hootie Russo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Re: Hootie Russo

Post by Amershire_Ed »

GaspipeCasso wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:01 pm I would like to hear more about the 3 times Hootie's name was "passed around" and by whom and why they said no.
That’s not what he said. He said he discussed getting made with Al a few times. Not that his name was on a sheet getting passed around.
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:50 am
GaspipeCasso wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:01 pm I would like to hear more about the 3 times Hootie's name was "passed around" and by whom and why they said no.
That’s not what he said. He said he discussed getting made with Al a few times. Not that his name was on a sheet getting passed around.
He has specifically said before his name was passed around 3 times. He said three and passed around for sure in one of his rambling interviews
Send word to Vladimir that you have his money, that he should come to the club tomorrow. We'll take care of the rest
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

GaspipeCasso wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:19 am
He has specifically said before his name was passed around 3 times. He said three and passed around for sure in one of his rambling interviews
I haven’t seen every interview he’s done but in the Vlad interview he says they “talked” about him getting made. He never said his name was on a list. He said getting pinched for drugs just a few days after Al specifically told him to leave it alone *kept his name* from going on a list. If you can point me to another interview where he said “yeah my name was on the list to be made 3 times and it got knocked down every time”, than I will stand corrected. But I think your confusing Hootie’s description of 3 different conversations he had with Al about getting made. Ive never once seen him say “yeah Al put me up to be made and so-and-so knocked it down”.

Look, I don’t think Hootie was as close to getting made as he says, and I think the reason he was never put on a list has very little to do with him being a big drug dealer. And I also agree that he can kinda be all over the place when he talks. But I don’t think he’s intentionally being deceptive. Some of these guys just use the wrong language some time. Like Arilotta saying Bruno “shelved him” for drugs when he wasn’t even made yet. The correct term should’ve been “chased”, but the fact that he used “shelved” doesn’t make me thing Arilotta is some huge liar.
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

Yeah I am not gonna say I am 100 percent sure he said that but am 90 % sure he did say once his name was passed around 3 times. I don't think I have the time to rewatch the 200 interviews he's done lately tho so I'll let it be. That being said I'm pretty sure he at least once said it, pretty sure it's also been talked bout here on other boards but I don't have the time or care in him to watch them all... some were rough the first time around
Send word to Vladimir that you have his money, that he should come to the club tomorrow. We'll take care of the rest
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

I don’t know if it was the vlad or one of the other 100 interviews he has out.. but yes, for a fact, he stated that he was proposed to be made 3 different times...
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I must have missed that interview then. I’ve never seen him say his name was on a list or that anyone proposed him. I’ve seen him talk about having conversations with Al and Roc about being made. I’ve seen him say he hung out with guys after their making ceremonies. And I’ve seen him say selling drugs kept his name from going on a list. Never seen him say Al proposed him. But again, he’s done at least a couple videos where he’s pretty smacked so if he said one time that he was a proposed member, it wouldn’t shock me. But in the Vlad interview he was specific that his name never went on a list.

I get it though, he’s not the best story-teller. He kinda hops around chronologically and it can be hard to keep up sometimes. He also does the same thing Alite does where he starts telling a story, and then gets completely sidetracked by some detail in the story that will lead him into an entirely different story. And then 15 minutes later he’ll go “but back to my original story”. I *get* the credibility questions.

But I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Like with the “on record” stuff. People thought he was exaggerating his relationship with these guys because he wasn’t on record, but a very credible poster who has interacted with Hootie several times and lived in the neighborhood said “Al and Roc and Hootie were tight. Everyone knew he was with that crew”.
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

Is there a reason they wouldn't put him on record? Seems like he would have been a solid moneymaker
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Yeah that’s something I don’t know. Especially when Ronnie G came to Al to apparently make a play for Hootie.

But they had an associate on the MBA and Button Man show from Jersey not too long ago that described a similar experience for himself. His identity was blurred out so you couldn’t tell who it was, but he said he was kinda like a free agent working with multiple families, mainly Westside and Gambino. He said he was never officially on record with anyone either.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Was Ronnie One Arm heavy into drugs? Seems like most of that crew that hung with Gotti at the Bergin and the Ravenite were involved in the drug business...
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:36 pm Yeah that’s something I don’t know. Especially when Ronnie G came to Al to apparently make a play for Hootie.

But they had an associate on the MBA and Button Man show from Jersey not too long ago that described a similar experience for himself. His identity was blurred out so you couldn’t tell who it was, but he said he was kinda like a free agent working with multiple families, mainly Westside and Gambino. He said he was never officially on record with anyone either.
Yeah you would think you would lay claim, and why would anyone put someone up for a button but not bother to make them an associate. It makes no sense to me
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Is it just me or are all these interviews getting really repetitive. You have e hootie, luisi, arilotta, and pennisi, they do all the other ones shows and have the same talks on each of them
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

GaspipeCasso wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:18 pm Yeah I am not gonna say I am 100 percent sure he said that but am 90 % sure he did say once his name was passed around 3 times. I don't think I have the time to rewatch the 200 interviews he's done lately tho so I'll let it be. That being said I'm pretty sure he at least once said it, pretty sure it's also been talked bout here on other boards but I don't have the time or care in him to watch them all... some were rough the first time around
He did say his name was on the list 3 times in one interview could have been with pennisi. As I said all the interviews are starting to run together for me since it’s the same stuff on every different podcast
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Pete wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:49 am Is it just me or are all these interviews getting really repetitive. You have e hootie, luisi, arilotta, and pennisi, they do all the other ones shows and have the same talks on each of them
Yeah I’ve said it before—the only chance these guys have to monetize this stuff is thru 2 avenues. Either keep bringing new informants out of the woodwork to provide new stories. (And they have to be informants people care about, not a bunch of wannabe associates). Or, they are gonna have to all join together in some sort of reality tv show that has very little to do with CosaNostra. Like some knockoff version of Survivor or Top Chef or Dancing with the Stars.
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

Arilotta and Pennisi so far to me seem the most "honest" and enjoyable to listen to
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Agreed. I’d rather listen to those 2 guys shoot the shit about the life moreso than anyone else that’s out there doing this stuff. I wish they’d do more stuff together.