Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

nash143
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Post by nash143 »

I believe this is the obituary page for Joseph "Uncle Joe" Giaccobe. Lack of info on actual web page, but ties in with other info I've found.

https://farengafuneralhome.com/obituary ... -giacobbe/
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Great find if it is him.

Has anyone come across a picture of Joseph Miranda?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
DannyTrio
Straightened out

Post by DannyTrio »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:47 pm Great find if it is him.

Has anyone come across a picture of Joseph Miranda?

Pogo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks Danny. Now that's I see I remember that it was posted before in the mugshot section. Thanks again.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
DannyTrio
Straightened out

Post by DannyTrio »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:31 pm Thanks Danny. Now that's I see I remember that it was posted before in the mugshot section. Thanks again.

Pogo
My pleasure Pogo!
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

nash143 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:55 pm I believe this is the obituary page for Joseph "Uncle Joe" Giaccobe. Lack of info on actual web page, but ties in with other info I've found.

https://farengafuneralhome.com/obituary ... -giacobbe/
Even accounting for weight loss, doesn't look like the same guy:

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I thought about that but how sure are we that the top picture is actually Giaccobe? From what I remember someone got that picture from one of the DeCavalcante documentaries and said it was Giaccobe but they could have been mistaken since I don't know if there are other pictures of him to compare it to.

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Thought that one was ID'd in an old Gangland.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I read a lot of the GL coverage of the DeCavalcantes and don't recall that picture showing up. I could have missed it but if you notice the picture has a grainy quality to it like the other pictures that were cropped from that documentary.

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah, I must be mistaken.

Here is the real Giacobbe from a government chart. It's grainy and he doesn't resemble either guy to me, though we'd need a higher quality photo to say for sure. Too hard to tell at this size if it's the deceased guy.

Last edited by B. on Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Great find. I don't think I've seen that chart before.

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah, it's a good one.

What's weird is I could have sworn there was a Joe Giacobbe Sr. and Jr. both involved with the DeCavalcante family but not sure where I got that. Giacobbe was identified as a capodecina in the 1983 hearings, which have some errors, then an acting captain in the late 1990s.

Giacobbe's father Lorenzo/Lawrence was an early member and they lived in Connecticut for a while early on and Lorenzo's brother Carmelo Giacobbe was listed as Phil Bacino's uncle when he arrived to the US. I suspect Carmelo was a member as well though no way to confirm. The Giacobbe name shows up in many DeCavalcante/Ribera family trees.

Then there is Larry Giacobbe but his name isn't Lorenzo like you'd think, but Leonardo. Not sure his relation. I thought Felice said he came from Sicily but that great info he shared on the Real Deal is long gone.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks. This chart looks a little different from the other one floating around.

On Giacobbe I think the confusion stemmed from one of those early charts listing the Capo Giacobbe as a Sr. Looking over my notes again it looks it was actually a reference to the same one busted in 1999.

Pogo
nash143
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by nash143 »

I should have elaborated on my initial post. I though the same as you both, the deceased Giacobbe looks nothing like the colour photo but I did feel he looked like the grainy photo.
I’ll try to find further evidence either way.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I found a listing that says Joe Giacobbe, son of Lorenzo, died July 23rd 2015, which is the same guy you found. If the listing is correct, it's the DeCavalcante member.

This is def the same guy in the obituary you found: