John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnyS
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by JohnnyS »

Pennisi was known and friendly with wiseguys in HB he's childhood friends with DiBendetto they knew each other since they were 10 and that's one of the reasons why he was made because he has the bosses son in law vouching for him. Pretty strong endorsement. Plus he was coming off a 17 year sentence, the higher ups in the Lucchese family (Crea, Madonna, DiNapoli) viewed him as a stand up guy. They probably didnt all the details just that he was locked up for manslaughter.

Pennisi had a big advantage that he was from Queens and ran with guys in Brooklyn, Staten Island and Long Island. Being active in different boroughs meant he met more wiseguys from different areas. Close with Joseph Amato, friendly with Frank Camuso for example and its not unsual that he ran into Mannino. Keep in mind that Mannino was a captain then (possibly holding an acting position on the admin) Mannino is a heavy street guy, his name has come up before in other indictments. He's very friendly with Larry Sessa and that crew. He's not a ghost.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:36 pm It’s just weird. Why would those guys take an interest into someone who was a relative nobody in CN circles? Someone who wasn’t bringing in scads of money or influence. Pennisi must have brought something to the table to have those guys trust him like that.
It seems to me like he handled himself the right way while he was on the street he's a smart quiet guy who's likable and the right people saw potential in him. Let's not forget he was only made for a couple years who knows if things didn't go the way they did maybe he ends up finding his way into a big racket and makes himself a ton of money. Plenty of guys got straightened out when they didn't have 2 nickels to rub together and eventually ended up making a fortune.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:58 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:36 pm It’s just weird. Why would those guys take an interest into someone who was a relative nobody in CN circles? Someone who wasn’t bringing in scads of money or influence. Pennisi must have brought something to the table to have those guys trust him like that.
It seems to me like he handled himself the right way while he was on the street he's a smart quiet guy who's likable and the right people saw potential in him. Let's not forget he was only made for a couple years who knows if things didn't go the way they did maybe he ends up finding his way into a big racket and makes himself a ton of money. Plenty of guys got straightened out when they didn't have 2 nickels to rub together and eventually ended up making a fortune.
I think I already mentioned this in a previous thread: he proved he can do time which many cant do this do in age. And hes a capable guy. How many of those are there out of todays recruiting pool? And it seems he had prior connections as he has mentioned in his podcast
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

His manslaughter charge was a win/win for the mob. They have a guy who who killed someone and did time for it, but it wasn't a mafia hit so it can't come back to haunt them legally. Whenever he gets asked why they made him, he seems to avoid bringing up the murder (something he avoids in general, understandably), but it seems like that was a major mark in his favor.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

B. wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:34 pm His manslaughter charge was a win/win for the mob. They have a guy who who killed someone and did time for it, but it wasn't a mafia hit so it can't come back to haunt them legally. Whenever he gets asked why they made him, he seems to avoid bringing up the murder (something he avoids in general, understandably), but it seems like that was a major mark in his favor.
Definitely, they just had no idea he tried to off himself, would have never made him with that knowledge
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Honestly to me he seems more capable to be a mafiosi besides the fact he flipped. Sounds smart did serious time for killing some dude and prior connections

If I where a guy in the mob looking to recruit I would think this guy was solid IMO and they probably thought the same.

What’s the recruiting pool for the mob today ? Fucking Soprano wannabes, drug addicts and Undercover cops. This guy to me seems capable enough for this day and age
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Yeah maybe I’m gullible but I believe Pennisi when he says if he woulda gotten with the Gambino’s instead of the Lucchese’s he’d still be out on the street. Partly because he was so low key and there wasn’t much to investigate in the first place....but also because the Gambino’s are who he grew up around. And as I mentioned before, I read a lot into the fact that he’s been adamant that there are 3 types of wiseguys, when everyone else has always said there are 2—(earners and muscle). Pennisi said the third category is “politician”. And I think Pennisi viewed himself as someone that was capable, but also—and probably more importantly—politically astute. Definitely caught my attention when he brought up the old “he who has the Kings ear is king” quote to Arilotta.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:37 pm Yeah maybe I’m gullible but I believe Pennisi when he says if he woulda gotten with the Gambino’s instead of the Lucchese’s he’d still be out on the street. Partly because he was so low key and there wasn’t much to investigate in the first place....but also because the Gambino’s are who he grew up around. And as I mentioned before, I read a lot into the fact that he’s been adamant that there are 3 types of wiseguys, when everyone else has always said there are 2—(earners and muscle). Pennisi said the third category is “politician”. And I think Pennisi viewed himself as someone that was capable, but also—and probably more importantly—politically astute. Definitely caught my attention when he brought up the old “he who has the Kings ear is king” quote to Arilotta.
I kind of view the “politician” thing as kind of just being very street smart and to know how to navigate that life... as we all can see a lot of these guys aren’t the smartest.. a few years ago I talked to someone who knew Frank cali growing up.. he even stated that he didn’t even like Frank.. but he said since he was really young Frank had a very good business sense and knew how to make allies in that life and not enemies.. he said cali got to where he was and never even held a pistol in his life, let alone did a any work.. said cali was big into selling coke and got $50k from someone to get started and was buying trucks full of baking soda to cook it into crack, then turned that money into his fruit and vegetable importing business.. and also said when they were like teenagers Frank won a parlay off him and the guy told him to fuck himself and he wasn’t paying and to get lost, he got beat.. and he said years later when Frank was a skipper he could have held a grudge and easily got back at him but never did, and remained friendly... so with that insight on his personality it doesn’t surprise me with the connections he later acquired, even though he was schooled by Jackie nose and his marriage obviously helped his connections.. it seems like he really had the “politician” part down..

The one thing I don’t understand about penissi.. is he seemed to never like big John from the start.. why didn’t he get the ear of one of the admin members and asked to be moved out of that crew?? That would have saved him from all the drama and what he claims led him to flip...

Or start the queens crew that little Joey would speak of..
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Tom LaVecchia is a lame. I love how he lights up when Pennisi mentions Lorenzo...reminds me of how fanboys over on the GBB were when Barney's name got dropped...
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:09 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:15 am
Those old timers, beefing about weed, lol! What the fuck is the protocol, exactly? Tell me Sal Larca didnt have a big weed op with Bascianos kids? The Bonnanos move tons of weed. They are like old stock brokers scared of crypto, or Colosimo shying away from liquor because hes fat from prostitution money. Or Taxi companies being slow to the ride share game, they shoulda been created an app. Dinosaurs, lol... Like they are about to legalize in NY, the mob should be trying to be the first guys in, it's a money printing press in Illinois......
Federici supposedly has an interest in a legal marijuana dispensary.
Really? in NYC? Do we know where, or to what end? There aren't any real dispensaries in NY yet - there's a small number of medical ones that can dispense prescribed tinctures and oils and shit like that. They are in good position to transition to a full blow dispensary (if they are even allowed to) but I don't think they are huge moneymakers as they stand now, especially the ones in Manhattan paying a fuck ton of rent.

As far as I know Federici's restaurant survived COVID which is pretty telling - because it definitely wasn't from all the take-out orders
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

States like NY and Virginia are in these weird places right now where weed is legal, but commercial sales are still 2-3 years from being in place.

Arilotta told Pennisi and LaVecchia that they would be “stunned” by the money you can make from weed “even til this day”.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:13 am States like NY and Virginia are in these weird places right now where weed is legal, but commercial sales are still 2-3 years from being in place.

Arilotta told Pennisi and LaVecchia that they would be “stunned” by the money you can make from weed “even til this day”.
If you wanna sell drugs and your not a 100% scum bag weed is the way to go. Every one smokes these days and if you have a real connect and your not getting raped then you can make big money. 90% of people I know smoke weed. It’s just too easy. Not too mention the $ off carts and edibles alone is ridiculous.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:00 amReally? in NYC? Do we know where, or to what end? There aren't any real dispensaries in NY yet - there's a small number of medical ones that can dispense prescribed tinctures and oils and shit like that. They are in good position to transition to a full blow dispensary (if they are even allowed to) but I don't think they are huge moneymakers as they stand now, especially the ones in Manhattan paying a fuck ton of rent.

As far as I know Federici's restaurant survived COVID which is pretty telling - because it definitely wasn't from all the take-out orders
From what I read, it was some kind of legal marijuana business. An individual who worked there, and was the cocaine connection for the Schirripas and Chris Castellano, would later turn informant.
All roads lead to New York.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:09 am
newera_212 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:00 amReally? in NYC? Do we know where, or to what end? There aren't any real dispensaries in NY yet - there's a small number of medical ones that can dispense prescribed tinctures and oils and shit like that. They are in good position to transition to a full blow dispensary (if they are even allowed to) but I don't think they are huge moneymakers as they stand now, especially the ones in Manhattan paying a fuck ton of rent.

From what I read, it was some kind of legal marijuana business. An individual who worked there, and was the cocaine connection for the Schirripas and Chris Castellano, would later turn informant.
Possibly CBD oil , a lot of NY people were trying to get into that and opening up store fronts
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

I’m from La and it’s crazy for some reason a lot of the weed game is moving back to the streets/ black market.. and the prices have also been on the rise... it’s just so fucking saturated here it’s insane...
the people I’ve known of who make real, real money, are the people who move it from California to nyc or the east coast.. set up a delivery service... and you’re making insane money... obviously most difficult part is the logistics of how to continuously get the weed from Cali to the east coast without losing loads/getting caught... I’ve heard of all sorts of ways that still work.. I know someone who moved to Brooklyn like 6 years ago to take over an operation and it’s still running smooth til this day... big money... like 100lbs a month or more...
wondering if the “legalization” in ny will affect it at all...