John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Nick Prango wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:55 am
bluehouse wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:07 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:30 pm I found it hilarious he avoided talking about the Geas brothers for as much as possible
He either feels guilty about ratting on them or he knows without them he was a nobody.All the bodies he has its the geas boys who are involved in some way so he doesnt want to give them credit
Personally i think that Arilotta feels guilty about ratting on the Geas brothers. They were his soldiers. They killed people for him, and he threw them under the bus. Probably he feels shitty. That is why he avoids talking about them in his interviews
I think he tried to get them to cooperate too. In one of his John and Gene interviews, he intimated that he let them know he was going to go bad and that he could get them a deal too. They declined.

Arilotta is interesting to me because he was a major earner that got made with the most powerful family. He put in actual work. He made millions. But as B noted, it takes just like 20 minutes of listening to him and Pennisi talking to realize that Pennisi has a much better grasp of Cosa Nostra culture and protocol.

I actually wouldn’t be shocked if Arilotta is still involved in street activity. He’s said in almost every interview he’s done that his biggest regret was getting made....not necessarily the crimes he was committing. I think he believes that mafia politics is why he got jammed up, and not because he was sloppy or anything.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I didn't mean Pennisi has a better grasp than Arilotta, only that Pennisi himself seems to have a great understanding of those aspects of the life. If there is a difference in his take opposed to Arilotta, keep in mind Pennisi was from NYC and had nonstop interactions with mafia members, while Arilotta was part of a remote crew in a smaller city.

Arilotta is hard to gauge and seems to keep a lot of details close to his chest. He doesn't seem like he's trying to impress anyone in these interviews. One thing I found interesting is that even after he was made he wasn't formally introduced to the other Springfield members. Did I understand him right, that he said he was reporting direct to New York after he got made?

What gets me about Arilotta is even though he was a Springfield member, he comes across the same way I'd expect the average NYC Genovese member to come across. Reserved, not eager to give too much away.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

B. wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:31 pm I didn't mean Pennisi has a better grasp than Arilotta, only that Pennisi himself seems to have a great understanding of those aspects of the life. If there is a difference in his take opposed to Arilotta, keep in mind Pennisi was from NYC and had nonstop interactions with mafia members, while Arilotta was part of a remote crew in a smaller city.

Arilotta is hard to gauge and seems to keep a lot of details close to his chest. He doesn't seem like he's trying to impress anyone in these interviews. One thing I found interesting is that even after he was made he wasn't formally introduced to the other Springfield members. Did I understand him right, that he said he was reporting direct to New York after he got made?

What gets me about Arilotta is even though he was a Springfield member, he comes across the same way I'd expect the average NYC Genovese member to come across. Reserved, not eager to give too much away.

Yeah the story about Bruno saying “oh you got your button??” while Arilotta is lying and saying “oh no I’m not made” is *super* informative.
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:04 pm
B. wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:31 pm I didn't mean Pennisi has a better grasp than Arilotta, only that Pennisi himself seems to have a great understanding of those aspects of the life. If there is a difference in his take opposed to Arilotta, keep in mind Pennisi was from NYC and had nonstop interactions with mafia members, while Arilotta was part of a remote crew in a smaller city.

Yeah the story about Bruno saying “oh you got your button??” while Arilotta is lying and saying “oh no I’m not made” is *super* informative.
That didn’t make any sense to me. How can a captain not know who’s made in his own crew?
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:18 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:30 pm I found it hilarious he avoided talking about the Geas brothers for as much as possible
He either feels guilty about ratting on them or he knows without them he was a nobody.All the bodies he has its the geas boys who are involved in some way so he doesnt want to give them credit
Personally i think that Arilotta feels guilty about ratting on the Geas brothers. They were his soldiers. They killed people for him, and he threw them under the bus. Probably he feels shitty. That is why he avoids talking about them in his interviews
I think he tried to get them to cooperate too. In one of his John and Gene interviews, he intimated that he let them know he was going to go bad and that he could get them a deal too. They declined.

Arilotta is interesting to me because he was a major earner that got made with the most powerful family. He put in actual work. He made millions. But as B noted, it takes just like 20 minutes of listening to him and Pennisi talking to realize that Pennisi has a much better grasp of Cosa Nostra culture and protocol.

I actually wouldn’t be shocked if Arilotta is still involved in street activity. He’s said in almost every interview he’s done that his biggest regret was getting made....not necessarily the crimes he was committing. I think he believes that mafia politics is why he got jammed up, and not because he was sloppy or anything.
I remember that John and Gene interview, but i don't believe him. Why would the feds offer the Geas brothers deal? Arilotta allready gave them everything they wanted to know. The Geas brothers were just a low level associates. Same as you i wouldn’t be shocked if Arilotta is still involved in street activity. He seems very passionate when he talks about making money on the streets without violence and Mafia affiliations. But i wonder who would work on the street with a known FBI cooperator?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Law enforcement wants and needs corroboration. Having multiple witnesses giving evidence strengthens cases.

Mafia members/associates testifying also decreases the possibility that they will return to the street and continue in mafia activity after they serve their prison sentences. Remember, the goal is to break these organizations up. A member/associate who flips not only testifies, but in theory can't return to the street.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

I agree. Pennisi has a much better grasp of Cosa Nostra culture and protocol, than Arilotta. Probably he was a real "politician" gangster during his lucchese made man days.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

SB1825 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:09 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:04 pm

That didn’t make any sense to me. How can a captain not know who’s made in his own crew?
I was thinking the same thing.. what would be the point of making him into the Springfield crew if the Springfield captain and members had no idea and he never told them?? He was just going to run around doing his thing and not let his superior Bruno or other made guys know that he was straightened out??? I really don’t understand that, he was saying it as if his plan was to keep it a secret forever or some shit.... and I don’t get why he claims he had more clout than Bruno ccause he was made in New York?? How can a soldier have more juice than his skipper???? So I’m confused now, did Bruno have the go ahead to conduct ceremonies and make peiple??? Or did everyone go down to ny to get made, cause bingy claimed he was supposed to get made with 2 other Springfield guys who were put up.. and they were supposed to all go on the hit on the Union guy, the 2 other guys backed out, and the geas brothers went on the hit along with Anthony, therefore the other 2 guys weren’t made... so if they were supposed to be made with arilotta then they were also going to be made in nyc.. yet he talks as if Emilio fusco was made in Springfield?? Was he made by Bruno?? Or did some west side higher ups from nyc drive to Springfield to do the ceremony??

Then I think sometimes that nigro basically kept arilotta hidden so he could basically used him as a puppet to take control of Springfield...
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Regarding who Arillotta answered to, this is from his sentencing memorandum:
20210410_224924.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Nick Prango wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:12 pm

I remember that John and Gene interview, but i don't believe him. Why would the feds offer the Geas brothers deal? Arilotta allready gave them everything they wanted to know. The Geas brothers were just a low level associates. Same as you i wouldn’t be shocked if Arilotta is still involved in street activity. He seems very passionate when he talks about making money on the streets without violence and Mafia affiliations. But i wonder who would work on the street with a known FBI cooperator?
Feds would have took Geas Bros cooperation. They might not have gotten a 7-10yr deal. Maybe 15-20yr vs life without parole. But by gaining their cooperation it might put pressure on Nigro to flip and/or Convict the acting boss of the Genovese family.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

chubby wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:02 am
Honestly I was way let down by the arilotta podcast on the mba and the button man. He literally did not speak on 1 thing interesting or drop any sort of new knowledge that everyone hasn’t already known.... after each one of the 4 part series ended I would be like wtf ?? That’s it? They haven’t talked about shit yet...
he never gets into detail about the Springfield crew, I want to hear who was all around him.. he won’t even speak on ty or fotios, let alone Albert calvanese, Amedeo saintiello, who is ralphies dad who had a beef with Bruno and moved to Florida and didn’t return til Bruno was dead, you have the 2 guys Anthony mentioned that were proposed for membership with him but didn’t get made, I would love to know who those guys were, got Emilio fusco, depergola, and it seems like there was some maybe weird low key made sleepers up there... but bingy doesn’t talk about anything .. super disappointed..
This is actually what I expected...... you saved me some time....
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:51 pm Regarding who Arillotta answered to, this is from his sentencing memorandum:

20210410_224924.jpg
Thanks, man. So his podcast interview is consistent with testimony.

Given the admin was having issues trusting Bruno, they may have wanted their own man keeping tabs on Springfield.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

Luisi, Pennisi, and Arilotta all mentioned Florida based Genovese captain Renaldi "Ray" Ruggiero - but none of them delved into him cooperating....
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Nick Prango wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:45 am
Amershire_Ed wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:00 pm I’d really love to hear what Arilotta knows and thinks about Barney. But he was pretty tight lipped about him anytime Gene brought him up.
Yeah. Arillotta freezed up when Borrello mentioned Bellomo on the John and Gene show. It was like Arilotta’s street senses kicked in knowing he wasn’t supposed to be talking about that guy. Maybe he is legitemately afraid of Bellomo.
Barney was trying to arrange Bascianos hit in 2004. In Cheechs Rubeo interview, the main thing he said is the guy is dangerous. Everyone in that life knows not to fuck with Barney at this point, he seems to be getting that Chin type mystic
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

I do like Ariolotta but he could definantly get into more interesting topics. The Geas brothers definantly weren't/aren't afraid to do the dirty work he needed
Send word to Vladimir that you have his money, that he should come to the club tomorrow. We'll take care of the rest