Rule about murdering an unfaithful wife

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Rule about murdering an unfaithful wife

Post by B. »

- SF boss and CI Tony Lima claimed there was a rule that a member must kill his wife when she is unfaithful. He stated that Dominic Anzalone's wife was cheating on him back in Sicily and he returned with the intention of killing her but lost standing when he didn't follow through.

- Los Angeles underboss Momo Adamo's wife was alleged to be having an affair with family boss Desimone, resulting in Adamo attempting to murder his wife before killing himself.

- Obviously a much more twisted situation, but Philadelphia member Michele Maggio killed his second wife after catching her in bed with his adult son Joseph (it was his stepmother).

Can anyone think of other examples? While there may have been some kind of mafia rule or guideline about killing an unfaithful wife, I also see it as a general "old time" view that you'll see across cultures, mafia or not. I mean, you still see it today from all kinds of people. It's the dark side of human nature. However it is interesting Lima said the mafia had a rule about it.
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Rule about murdering an unfaithful wife

Post by Eline2015 »

Probably a Gambino member was catching to sleep with his mother in law
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

My understanding is that if she's with a made guy, even an associate can get away with killing them both. (according LCN, not the law)
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Back in the old days every "normal" person wouldve killed his own wife for cheating and vise versa depending on the type of wife lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He violated my wife's honor.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Ralph slept with Ginny?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Of course it's human nature for a husband to want to kill his wife for cheating (especially in the old world), but Tony Lima said it was a rule and that a member would lose standing in the organization if he didn't kill her.

There is the well-known rule about a member not messing with another member's wife or female relative, but this is a different take, as it involves the member's own personal response to his wife's actions, not necessarily a issue involving other mafia members.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

B. wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:22 am Of course it's human nature for a husband to want to kill his wife for cheating (especially in the old world), but Tony Lima said it was a rule and that a member would lose standing in the organization if he didn't kill her.

There is the well-known rule about a member not messing with another member's wife or female relative, but this is a different take, as it involves the member's own personal response to his wife's actions, not necessarily a issue involving other mafia members.
I know and i was only messing around B.

In my recearch i only came across Mafiosi who killed other guys so they can get their wives, or bosses like Giancana who really appreciated unfaithful wives who in turn belonged to his own members.

So thanks for the rare examples.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Haha, love your wording: "really appreciated unfaithful wives"
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

B. wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:53 am Haha, love your wording: "really appreciated unfaithful wives"
:lol: the wine is talking, not me :mrgreen:
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

They were looking to get a burger.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Antonino Ruggirello in Detroit had his wife killed and destroyed her body in 1968 when she was going to leave him for a Jewish lover.
Yonkers103
On Record

Post by Yonkers103 »

Mancuso killed his first wife, not sure why though but it’s common knowledge in the bx
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Yeah he left her on a bench outside of the hospital
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Adam wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:05 pm Antonino Ruggirello in Detroit had his wife killed and destroyed her body in 1968 when she was going to leave him for a Jewish lover.
I wonder if Detroit kept up some of the old Sicilian rules given how strong their ties were. There was a recording of one of the Giacalones in the 1960s where they reference the rule against lying to other members. I've only seen that mentioned by the Sicilian pentiti.

Kind of like the rule about stealing -- Maranzano told Valachi twice he had to stop stealing, but other than that it's only the Sicilian pentiti who seem to have been told they couldn't steal (a rule that was obviously broken). With Maranzano being a former Sicilian mafia boss, I have to wonder if that's why he was more adamant about it.

Seems there were a few little rules like this that got left out during Americanization. Lima's uncle and other relatives were made in Trabia, Sicily, so he may have picked up on some old world rules. Obviously he broke the biggest one.