Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by UTC »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:58 pm
Philly d wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:38 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:21 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:19 pm
Philly d wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:02 pm
chicagodog wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:29 pm
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:51 pm I have a question....by looking at all of those Outfit-connected legit enterprises, I wonder if they still contract other smaller contractors, so the guys can take some of their work on sub-contract basis? Because if they do, its very easy to scheme, meaning any sub-contractor who will enter into business with them, will probably receive very little in the way of profit and on top of that, the sub-contractor’s end of the business deal bears most of the risk if any investigation occur......
That’s the Outfits bread and butter. You bid a job using union rates, sub it out using non Union rates and you pocket the rest. Walk around to non major construction sites and you usually find Hispanic and polish workers who are definitely not union.
I don't know much about construction. Why bid it using Union rates in the first place?
It's Chicago so the union rates are the assumed cost of doing business.
Idk, I live in Connecticut, but no matter what type of contractor you are-union/non/big/small etc if it's a prevailing wage job which are usually the state jobs and pay on time you must include the prevail rate in your bid.
Thanks man
NP, glad I can contribute to the board.
Right, the only finagling can be what prevailing wage classification the particular worker can be slotted into. Of course, if you're non-union you pay the fringes cost out as wages, or at least the differential between the cost of your benefits and those of the union.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Ill only say this regarding the Outfits current state....it seems that.....IT'S ALIVE! Lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:43 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:47 pm Tony, I’m leaning towards that Sarno might still be considered the boss and that is why he is still getting money. I am surprised on how Paloian would directly deposit the money himself into Sarno’s account and not have someone else do it. The document also says other visitors have been organized crime associates. Wonder who they are.
Wondering this myself. Did you get all of the documents? Curious because the continuation of that page seemed like it contained other interesting nuggets. I would also be very curious to see how the feds link the Paloian and DelGiudice busts, haven't seen any of the docs on that.
I only got this one page from a reporter. I messaged him and asked for all the pages. I’ll post them if I can get them
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Anybody hear of this guy from Addison? Francesco DiStefano. He was indicted today

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/cri ... story.html
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Greg is a bookies bookie and was around Mike Spilotro a lot at Riis Park. That guy lives gambling. I used to see him coaching little league games for his kids with two cellphones taking calls/bets in the dugout. He's a family guy so that is too bad but this guy knows the game and has been in prison before.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

All of the gambling busts in 2020 were because Illinois legalized sport betting and needed to take out some competition, IMO. The simple fact that the 3 largest books they could bust all had outfit ties tells us a lot. The outfit is still bringing in significant cash via gambling.

As far as Paolian giving cash to Sarno in prison, that’s really interesting. It could be a number of things. Perhaps Sarno was invested in Greg’s books and entitled to a share (likely), maybe greg was the trusted courier for the outfits “pension” or tribute payment to Sarno for being in prison, or perhaps as some say he might still be considered the boss and is getting his fair share (unlikely).
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:26 am Anybody hear of this guy from Addison? Francesco DiStefano. He was indicted today
I haven't, but certainly seems like a risky scam to indulge in these days lol
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:26 am Anybody hear of this guy from Addison? Francesco DiStefano. He was indicted today

Never heard of him, but given his Italian first name and Addison location, I would wonder if he has any connections to the LaBalestra/“zip” faction. The article states that he attended HS in Addison, but maybe he arrived as a kid or was born in IL to Italian parents. Anything around Addison like that should at least be looked into.

Guys like this could just be run of the mill crooks/scammers who happen to have names ending in vowels, but it wouldn’t at all surprise me that the Outfit is active in these types of scams today.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Coloboy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:37 am
As far as Paolian giving cash to Sarno in prison, that’s really interesting. It could be a number of things. Perhaps Sarno was invested in Greg’s books and entitled to a share (likely), maybe greg was the trusted courier for the outfits “pension” or tribute payment to Sarno for being in prison, or perhaps as some say he might still be considered the boss and is getting his fair share (unlikely).
This info tells us that Sarno is likely not out of the rackets, though it doesn’t help us place him within the structure. I lean towards your first possibility — Sarno was likely partnered or invested in Paloian’s enterprise. I have a hard time seeing Sarno as any kind of boss at this point, not even in the vein of receiving tribute as a “semi retired boss” as in the old days (and I agree that if this were the case one would expect the money to come from a made guy). But who knows with the current Outfit.

I’m not taking a stand on it either way, but of course there were guys who never bought Sarno as boss of anything, not even as Cicero capo. In that scenario, Solly Cards was Cicero capo, while Joey A/Marco the Mover were holding the top spot/s. If Sarno was actually boss, I’ve always wondered why he would use a dirtbag like Polchan — sure, maybe for “insulation”, but the boss should’ve had better muscle at his disposal. EP, by contrast, probably had access to a guy like Steve Mandell, who I believe was a very dangerous individual.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

I think Polchan and Sarno went back a long way and were very tight. I actually think some of these Outfit scenarios are more guys working a racket and being paid as 'investors' as opposed to 'bosses/soldiers.'
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:07 pm
This info tells us that Sarno is likely not out of the rackets, though it doesn’t help us place him within the structure. I lean towards your first possibility — Sarno was likely partnered or invested in Paloian’s enterprise. I have a hard time seeing Sarno as any kind of boss at this point, not even in the vein of receiving tribute as a “semi retired boss” as in the old days (and I agree that if this were the case one would expect the money to come from a made guy). But who knows with the current Outfit.

I’m not taking a stand on it either way, but of course there were guys who never bought Sarno as boss of anything, not even as Cicero capo. In that scenario, Solly Cards was Cicero capo, while Joey A/Marco the Mover were holding the top spot/s. If Sarno was actually boss, I’ve always wondered why he would use a dirtbag like Polchan — sure, maybe for “insulation”, but the boss should’ve had better muscle at his disposal. EP, by contrast, probably had access to a guy like Steve Mandell, who I believe was a very dangerous individual.
I’ve always felt the EP leadership in that period (late 90’s-mid 2000’s), could also count on Vena’s grand ave muscle as well. It seems they were fairly tight. If we are to believe that Zizzo was indeed hit by Vena or his crew, you have to think that order came from the top, meaning Difronzo/ Andriacchi
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

The general consensus has always been that when a high level guy gets locked up they're pretty much isolated from the life/rackets. This seems to show that might not be the case. Wonder if anyone else locked up is still getting money from the streets.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:00 am The general consensus has always been that when a high level guy gets locked up they're pretty much isolated from the life/rackets. This seems to show that might not be the case. Wonder if anyone else locked up is still getting money from the streets.
Angelo LaPietra was definitely still recognized as boss of 26th Street while he was away and after he got out (parole restrictions, notwithstanding). I don't think imprisoned guys were entirely stripped but guys who were old (Aiuppa, Cerone) or faced harsh parole restrictions (LaPietra, Lombardo) may have voluntarily given up their "official" positions but still held authority behind the scenes, so to speak.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Fair enough. I've always wondered if Marcello has any communication or is kept informed at least informationally about whats happening on the outside. Given where he's at, likely not or its at least extremely difficult.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:59 am
PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:07 pm

I’ve always felt the EP leadership in that period (late 90’s-mid 2000’s), could also count on Vena’s grand ave muscle as well. It seems they were fairly tight. If we are to believe that Zizzo was indeed hit by Vena or his crew, you have to think that order came from the top, meaning Difronzo/ Andriacchi
Vena is related to Andriacchi either by blood or marriage.