Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

southside tony
Prospect

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by southside tony »

I knew VJ's dad Frank was booking and chopping cars when that was a big thing. And I know VJ was tight with Mike Sarno, I just don't know the extent of his involvement
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Paloian sentenced. I'm lazy and don't want to look for the thread, so it goes here.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-mob-boo ... /10496149/
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Honestly I’m surprised how much coverage these Mob guys get this guy is a fucking bookie and they made that 2 minute clip and all these other articles
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

funkster wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:30 pm Paloian sentenced. I'm lazy and don't want to look for the thread, so it goes here.

Thanks for this. So they labelled him as an Outfit guy...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Villain wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:52 am
funkster wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:30 pm Paloian sentenced. I'm lazy and don't want to look for the thread, so it goes here.

An interesting development is that Paloian was on Mike Sarno’s visitor list at prison and he has regularly sent money to his prison account which is almost guaranteed to be proceeds from his bookmaking business.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:52 am

An interesting development is that Paloian was on Mike Sarno’s visitor list at prison and he has regularly sent money to his prison account which is almost guaranteed to be proceeds from his bookmaking business.
Where was that statement?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Thanks if that information is true, then.....
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:16 am

Court documents. See below image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:54 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:16 am

Court documents. See below image
Oh wow, great find Pat.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Shit, awesome work. Was wondering why Goudie was "outfit" labeling him so hard. Where did you find those docs?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:46 pm Shit, awesome work. Was wondering why Goudie was "outfit" labeling him so hard. Where did you find those docs?
For me this goes a long way toward proving what I suspected. Paloian remains an associate of the Cicero crew. I think most of us know how to read the tea leaves well enough here and of course suspected that the Paloian, DelGiudice, and Poeta gambling rings were Outfit connected, but the fact that the Feds (at least gleaning this from Goudie’s strident use) appear to now be outright labeling Paloian as connected helps to confirm these suspicions. I imagine that they simply haven’t been able to ramp these busts up into RICO cases as the actual made guys are well enough insulated and the associates/operatives busted haven’t flipped. Just my 2 cents here.

Any details on when Paloian was depositing money into Sarno’s account? This also makes me wonder what Sarno’s current status is. Maybe he’s still receiving “envelopes” in the tradition of the retired senior bosses, but maybe he retained some degree of connection to the guys in the streets beyond what I’ve assumed.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:09 pm
funkster wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:46 pm Shit, awesome work. Was wondering why Goudie was "outfit" labeling him so hard. Where did you find those docs?
For me this goes a long way toward proving what I suspected. Paloian remains an associate of the Cicero crew. I think most of us know how to read the tea leaves well enough here and of course suspected that the Paloian, DelGiudice, and Poeta gambling rings were Outfit connected, but the fact that the Feds (at least gleaning this from Goudie’s strident use) appear to now be outright labeling Paloian as connected helps to confirm these suspicions. I imagine that they simply haven’t been able to ramp these busts up into RICO cases as the actual made guys are well enough insulated and the associates/operatives busted haven’t flipped. Just my 2 cents here.

Any details on when Paloian was depositing money into Sarno’s account? This also makes me wonder what Sarno’s current status is. Maybe he’s still receiving “envelopes” in the tradition of the retired senior bosses, but maybe he retained some degree of connection to the guys in the streets beyond what I’ve assumed.
I mean, he's been clearly connected to Jimmy I since the 90s, so no doubt about it anymore. This is pretty clear example of kicking up money to Sarno, which is pretty fascinating. I have to say I'm not convinced an associate would still be kicking up to someone in retired senior boss status. My guess is someone with clear standing in the outfit would be the one expected to do that to a person in retired status out of respect. My guess is this might indicate more the latter of what you said.

Pat, given the way its worded, it sounds like this court doc might be from the ruling against letting Sarno out due to Covid as opposed to documents from the Paloian case?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

The court document was from the ruling of letting Sarno out. The FEDs wanted to connect him to the Outfit to indicate he will go back to a life of crime. I’ll try on getting all the pages to post.

Tony, I’m leaning towards that Sarno might still be considered the boss and that is why he is still getting money. I am surprised on how Paloian would directly deposit the money himself into Sarno’s account and not have someone else do it. The document also says other visitors have been organized crime associates. Wonder who they are.

I think most people would agree that the fact that all those bookmaking busts happening pretty must within the same year was no coincidence. They are all connected with all roads leading to the Outfit.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:47 pm Tony, I’m leaning towards that Sarno might still be considered the boss and that is why he is still getting money. I am surprised on how Paloian would directly deposit the money himself into Sarno’s account and not have someone else do it. The document also says other visitors have been organized crime associates. Wonder who they are.
Wondering this myself. Did you get all of the documents? Curious because the continuation of that page seemed like it contained other interesting nuggets. I would also be very curious to see how the feds link the Paloian and DelGiudice busts, haven't seen any of the docs on that.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Also, who is he meeting with that has been convicted of racketeering?