Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by SolarSolano »

Jimmy D'Giullio was definitely Marco's guy - that guy Jonny Moe/Big Moe I think is one of the Giulliano brothers from Schuamburg but I'm not really sure.

Frank Adamo is retired - Jack Cozzi was a rich kid from Elmwood Park who skated on a murder charge in the 70s because of Jackie Cerone. He is a bookmaker and probably more now. No idea who Mazza is.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

What about the Mangiameles at least the younger one
They were big time bookmakers involved in point shaving games in 99-00 i think?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Looks like George Brown died back in May. Haven't seen it reported on the forums before.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/ ... 5KqBpb2dFc
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:19 am Looks like George Brown died back in May. Haven't seen it reported on the forums before.
Good find Tony. I had no idea. He wasn’t even in hiding after he turned rat. Question, does the name Dominic the kid mean anything to you? Outfit associate
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

You also have Joe Venezia who was charged in the family secrets case.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:50 pm Jimmy D'Giullio was definitely Marco's guy - that guy Jonny Moe/Big Moe I think is one of the Giulliano brothers from Schuamburg but I'm not really sure.

Frank Adamo is retired - Jack Cozzi was a rich kid from Elmwood Park who skated on a murder charge in the 70s because of Jackie Cerone. He is a bookmaker and probably more now. No idea who Mazza is.
Thanks for the info. Mazza was referred to in a Trib article as having been busted along with Scalise and the other two, as Polack mentioned Black Angelo seemed to insinuate he was tightly locked in with the powers that be in Elmwood Park.

I was wondering if "Moe" was an actual last name. Guess that answers my question, just a nickname for an unknown person as of yet.

Saw that Brown died a few months ago. It was either in the comments of the Iozzo pics Boka posted or on a fb group post.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:44 am
PolackTony wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:19 am Looks like George Brown died back in May. Haven't seen it reported on the forums before.
Good find Tony. I had no idea. He wasn’t even in hiding after he turned rat. Question, does the name Dominic the kid mean anything to you? Outfit associate
It doesn't ring a bell. Maybe Solar or someone else knows?
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

No clue.
southside tony
Prospect

Post by southside tony »

Anyone hearing a name V.J. Mamolella? floating around he runs a salvage yard on the city's west side. I have heard his name pop up several times lately
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

There was a bookie named Frank Mamolella who owned West Side Auto Parts years ago, but no idea about anything else. Maybe same family?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

southside tony wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:32 am Anyone hearing a name V.J. Mamolella? floating around he runs a salvage yard on the city's west side. I have heard his name pop up several times lately
“Pop up” in what context — street talk or internet chatter?

@SolarSolano was Frank Mamolella a connected guy?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:50 pm Jimmy D'Giullio was definitely Marco's guy - that guy Jonny Moe/Big Moe I think is one of the Giulliano brothers from Schuamburg but I'm not really sure.

I saw someone say that Marco called people "moe" often as an inside joke, guessing this is the origin of the Jonny Moe nickname?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

southside tony wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:32 am Anyone hearing a name V.J. Mamolella? floating around he runs a salvage yard on the city's west side. I have heard his name pop up several times lately
Where on the West Side?
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

funkster wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 pm
Where on the West Side?
It's on Kedzie down by the Stevenson - like southwest side Kedzie & 30th. Frank Sr. was a bookmaker if I am not mistaken - the auto place has been around for a long time.
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Philly d wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:02 pm
chicagodog wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:29 pm
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:51 pm I have a question....by looking at all of those Outfit-connected legit enterprises, I wonder if they still contract other smaller contractors, so the guys can take some of their work on sub-contract basis? Because if they do, its very easy to scheme, meaning any sub-contractor who will enter into business with them, will probably receive very little in the way of profit and on top of that, the sub-contractor’s end of the business deal bears most of the risk if any investigation occur......
That’s the Outfits bread and butter. You bid a job using union rates, sub it out using non Union rates and you pocket the rest. Walk around to non major construction sites and you usually find Hispanic and polish workers who are definitely not union.
I don't know much about construction. Why bid it using Union rates in the first place?
I live in Indiana union jobs usually pay double to triple what non union do. Only in indiana union is basically just in the commercial side of the field. In Chicago its across the board. Owned or worked in a family construction business mybwhole life the outfit is still involved to an extent in Indiana construction unions.