Joe Massino Howard beach?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Joe Massino Howard beach?

Post by Dave65827 »

John W wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:52 am No one would touch Massino, LCN in New York has become a joke, these days most of the big time money makers who are made make their money from white collar crimes, the rest are small time bookies and loan sharks.

I’m amazed made guys are not getting shaken down for a piece of their action.
Isn’t the whole purpose of being in the mob/being made to protect you from extortion by others whether it be LCN/or not
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Dave65827 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:55 am
John W wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:52 am No one would touch Massino, LCN in New York has become a joke, these days most of the big time money makers who are made make their money from white collar crimes, the rest are small time bookies and loan sharks.

Isn’t the whole purpose of being in the mob/being made to protect you from extortion by others whether it be LCN/or not
The point I’m trying to make is that these days LCN isn’t the force it once was, they have rats living where they have always lived even after they have testified, they’ve got their own YouTube channels for god sake and instead of killing members they now shelve them because they are scared of the heat killings bring, if another outside force wanted to take over I don’t think it would be that difficult.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

John W wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:15 am

The point I’m trying to make is that these days LCN isn’t the force it once was, they have rats living where they have always lived even after they have testified, they’ve got their own YouTube channels for god sake and instead of killing members they now shelve them because they are scared of the heat killings bring, if another outside force wanted to take over I don’t think it would be that difficult.
There’s no outside force though. Who are the Russians killing up in New York? Nobody kills anyone anymore, not just mob guys.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Any other group that wanted to take over would be subject to the same “heat” as LCN, hence why this takeover that gets mentioned every few years never materializes. OC in general (Italian or other) is on the downswing in the US.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Chucky wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:53 pm

There’s no outside force though. Who are the Russians killing up in New York? Nobody kills anyone anymore, not just mob guys.
I was thinking more along the lines of South American cartels, I’m sure they don’t care what’s happening in Howard Beach but if they did I’m sure their Sicarios wouldn’t have any problems
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

John W wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:15 amThe point I’m trying to make is that these days LCN isn’t the force it once was, they have rats living where they have always lived even after they have testified, they’ve got their own YouTube channels for god sake and instead of killing members they now shelve them because they are scared of the heat killings bring, if another outside force wanted to take over I don’t think it would be that difficult.
I think you're going overboard a bit to make your point.
I was thinking more along the lines of South American cartels, I’m sure they don’t care what’s happening in Howard Beach but if they did I’m sure their Sicarios wouldn’t have any problems
Colombian and Mexican DTOs already supply, directly or indirectly, most of the drugs to NYC. What are their Sicarios going to do, taking over bookmaking or construction shakedowns?

I think you've seen too many movies.
All roads lead to New York.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:02 pm
John W wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:15 amThe point I’m trying to make is that these days LCN isn’t the force it once was, they have rats living where they have always lived even after they have testified, they’ve got their own YouTube channels for god sake and instead of killing members they now shelve them because they are scared of the heat killings bring, if another outside force wanted to take over I don’t think it would be that difficult.
I think you're going overboard a bit to make your point.
Colombian and Mexican DTOs already supply, directly or indirectly, most of the drugs to NYC. What are their Sicarios going to do, taking over bookmaking or construction shakedowns?

I think you've seen too many movies.
My original point was that no one would hit Massino because LCN in general doesn’t have the balls these days to do something like that and they are mainly bookies and loan sharks and most of the big money is made from white collar crimes i.e construction
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

John W wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:58 pm

What is this, a fucking movie? Those cholos are smart enough to know that pulling that kind of shit would bring the feds down on them in a second. You got a lot of domenicans up in ny, who are they killing?
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Chucky wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:07 pm
John W wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:58 pm

What is this, a fucking movie? Those cholos are smart enough to know that pulling that kind of shit would bring the feds down on them in a second. You got a lot of domenicans up in ny, who are they killing?
The point I was a making is that most of the current LCN members have never even broken a window, theres no chance they would they hit Massino
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

LCN wouldn’t whack him. Maybe some deadbeat former Bonanno enforcer would do it on his own but no one making any real money is going to risk life imprisonment to whack a rat from almost 20 years ago.

The the people saying cartels could take over lcn yes they could but they also have rules of NOT killing anyone on US soil. OC is all about making money...and collaboration to make money is more ideal than who can kill who. This isn’t a third world country or even Italy where rats have even been welcomed back into the fold.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:53 pm LCN wouldn’t whack him. Maybe some deadbeat former Bonanno enforcer would do it on his own but no one making any real money is going to risk life imprisonment to whack a rat from almost 20 years ago.

The the people saying cartels could take over lcn yes they could but they also have rules of NOT killing anyone on US soil. OC is all about making money...and collaboration to make money is more ideal than who can kill who. This isn’t a third world country or even Italy where rats have even been welcomed back into the fold.
In this day and age no one within LCN is willing to stick there neck on the line by killing a rat, and that’s why rats don’t fear sticking around New York.

And Yes I totally agree, the cartels could crush LCN quite easily but of course won’t as law enforcement is very different in the states than in their home countries.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

John W wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:15 pm The point I was a making is that most of the current LCN members have never even broken a window
This statement is ridiculous.

Massino isn't just some run of the mill rat, he'd be in a great deal of danger if he moved anywhere close to the 5 boroughs.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Exactly

The mob isn’t killing people because they are pussies , it’s because they can’t get away with it anymore

No OC group with dedicated Fed pressure is hitting people anymore ( or won’t be hitting them anymore ) as they can’t get away with it , including the cartels . The cartels would never start a war with LCN as it’s too much heat and they can’t get away with it. The Calabrians have stopped hitting anyone in Europe let alone the USA

The mob will hit suspected rats , including today , but they won’t hit a rat after he flips as it’s already too late and also they can’t get away with it lol . Angelo Prisco on his tape said it best and it’s the smart play. This isn’t the movies lol . Who does a hit knowing they will get busted ?

If LE strength was like the 1970s, they would 110% be killing each other and if you took 1970 mobsters to today they would 110% Not be killing each other .

Moral of the story . Law Enforcement is a bitch
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Still crazy how Dom G & Nicodemo hit DiPietro in Philly in 2012 and would have gotten away with it cleanly if it wasn’t for the mailman witness. Word is that DiPietro was possibly an informant.

-Dante
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

He would get hit in my opinion. It wouldn't even be a order from a boss. Just some guy maybe Massimno fucked over or killed a friend or relative would smoke him. Probaly a blood member for 5k or something