John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Rocco »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:04 pm
Rocco wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:32 pm
newera_212 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:45 am That's gotta be brutal - he probably spent years in the can meticulously running his loans book, dreaming of that house, and now it basically got seized. I think they were forced to sell it and turn over the money to the government, and considering the place was custom built and pretty ridiculous - I would bet they took a loss on the sale (if it's even sold yet). The funny thing is though that as crazy as the house is, it really isn't THAT out of place there. There's some other head scratchers built there, like 3 story monstrosities crammed into a tiny 1/3 acre lot isn't too weird out there
I don't understand how Ronnie thought he was going to be able to keep that house without a legit form of income to support it all? That and being a known member of LCN to LE. ? Why even bother? Its all gonna get seized. You 100% have to have a large source of legit income to live that way...especially when you are under a microscope to LE being a known Member or Associate of LCN. So many guys do this. Get a legit business or get W2'd enough to support it all. So many guys make the same mistake over and over again. Like Joe Perna...he showed only $60k yr W2 as a finance mgr at a used car dealership...yet lived in a $750k home with $20k yr taxes, a shore home and a wife who didn't work and bank cash deposits of 10s of thousands of dollars...all while living under a LE microscope..? Why even bother living waiting for it all to be pulled out from under you.? why when you know 100% its all gonna get seized? Merlino is a nutt..but he smart..hes put nothing is in his name..the houses he lives in ...the deeds are in friends names. Cars he drives all in someone elses name...He gets arrested..they seize the $300 he has in a debit acct. and that's it. lol He doesn't even have to pay the fines..what are they gonna seize? Send him to jail for not paying? if they do he gets 3mos.
That's a good point. I wonder if Ronnie's wife had a job or some sort of income source. I'd have to imagine at the very least Giallanzo was drawing a W2 from somewhere, I mean come'on, but yeah probably nothing big enough to justify that house.

Didn't the Pernas start banging out their credit cards and maxing them out when it came time for seizures and fines, to try and show they really didn't have any money and they were living off their cards? lmao. too little too late but worth a try
Yep banging up the cards to make it appear you cant afford to pay the fine. But the fine never goes away and they add interest and it grows(usually 11%). So you can never really have anything in your name like a home because they slap a lien on it. Its a shitty life really. If Ronnie had enough W2 income to support his lifestyle(home and cars etc) they would not seize or he could fight the seizures etc. Its tough though... I remember a case where the guy had pizza places in his mom sister's name. They did audits and filed money laundering and tax evasion charges against the mom and sister to get the guy to plead guilty in return for probation for the mom and sis...and they still ended up seizing the assets of the business as well as part of the guilty plea.etc. If you look at some these guys are making like Pennisi...if you are good at sales you can easily make allot more legit money then he was making illegally..really that is most guys. Ronnie was making more...but as you see...he couldn't spend it without it getting seized. Its 100% a shitty life for you and your family.
Jim505
On Record

Post by Jim505 »

Some guys and girls love to say the word RAT, but whats worse than falsely accusing someone of being a RAT? And then killing him and leaving his kids fatherless? Honored Society?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:27 pm caught pennisi latest youtube thing about raos. i knew it would have something to do with anthony bowatt. he says the news administation took bowat off the shelf in the last few years. found that real interesting. he says he doesnt know why bowat was on the shelf but it must be something to do with being close to gaspipe.
Bowatt was one of the Bronx guys that aligned with Casso and tried to kill Crea so it was most likely Crea that had him shelved.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wWR9Ngrv8Y

Pennisi talks about Amato sentencing.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:18 am
Pmac2 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:27 pm caught pennisi latest youtube thing about raos. i knew it would have something to do with anthony bowatt. he says the news administation took bowat off the shelf in the last few years. found that real interesting. he says he doesnt know why bowat was on the shelf but it must be something to do with being close to gaspipe.
Bowatt was one of the Bronx guys that aligned with Casso and tried to kill Crea so it was most likely Crea that had him shelved.
And as soon as the Brooklyn guys took over again they pulled him off the shelf, it makes sense.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

What about Lastorino? Would he be taken off the shelf too? I think he was aligned with Casso.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:49 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wWR9Ngrv8Y

Pennisi talks about Amato sentencing.
(Kinda) quick summary for those that can’t watch:

Amato and Pennisi were good friends. After Pennisi was made Amato offered up one of his associates to Pennisi. Apparently the guy was a really good earner and some of the other Luke’s made fun of Pennisi for not taking Amato up on the offer.

They used to walk Amato’s huge Mastiff in the park together. He said the hardest part for Amato during this upcoming bid will be being separated from his dog. Amato apparently *really* loves this dog. Amato told Pennisi when he put the GPS tracker on his ex’s car. Amato paid for it with his own credit card and had the data from the GPS sent to his cell phone and home computer. Pennisi said he told Amato right then and there that he should take it off because it was going to get him pinched. Amato just apparently laughed it off. Also Big John Castelucci was apparently bothered by Pennisi and Amato’s friendship.

Pennisi also threw cold water on the idea that the Colombo’s are on their death bed. He says when he left the street, he thought they were actually in pretty good shape. He was clearly responding to Gene Borello’s claims that they are just a street gang, because he said “I see these guys that were running around as associates making claims about the strength of the Colombo family. How would they know?”

They also talked about how many wiseguys are legit good family men and how many are scumbags. Apparently Sammy recently told a story about Carlo Gambino scolding one of his captains for bringing his mistress to the same restaurant he brought his wife. Pennisi was just saying it’s still really frowned upon if you aren’t discreet with your affairs. He said all the old timers consider it a personal weakness to not be discreet. And if you are t discreet with matters involving your wife, you probably aren’t being too careful in your criminal activities either.

I may have missed a few details but that’s the gist.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

One more thing...Pennisi also said Amato had his hands in everything, in terms of rackets. Said he was a huge earner. Pennisi said he was looking to get into the sausage business, and Amato came to him and said he could get his product on the shelves of any grocery store he wanted.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:02 pm What about Lastorino? Would he be taken off the shelf too? I think he was aligned with Casso.
that seems unlikely considering one of the reasons he was put on the shelf was for planning a hit on amuso's brother Pennisi talked about it, he described the episode when he went to meet Big Frank and he had a bag with him (obviously with a gun inside)
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Dapper_Don wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:55 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:02 pm What about Lastorino? Would he be taken off the shelf too? I think he was aligned with Casso.
that seems unlikely considering one of the reasons he was put on the shelf was for planning a hit on amuso's brother Pennisi talked about it, he described the episode when he went to meet Big Frank and he had a bag with him (obviously with a gun inside)
This is good info. I always wondered if Frank was still active...turns out no..had no idea he planned to kill Amuso's brother. Id love to hear the story behind that. Also Georgie Neck.. Frank and George were key members of the Brooklyn crew for Casso and Amuso way back when.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Lastorino will be shelved for life I imagine Amuso made that clear.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Or at least as long as Amuso is alive
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:05 pm Apparently Sammy recently told a story about Carlo Gambino scolding one of his captains for bringing his mistress to the same restaurant he brought his wife. Pennisi was just saying it’s still really frowned upon if you aren’t discreet with your affairs. He said all the old timers consider it a personal weakness to not be discreet. And if you are t discreet with matters involving your wife, you probably aren’t being too careful in your criminal activities either.
Sammy told this story in his book also, the wiseguy Gambino scolded iirc was Toddo Aurello.

Thank you for the summary.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

funkster wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:30 pm I'm still unclear why Crea and Madonna straightened him out so quickly. Did it come up in the trial? Why would they make him just to get him out of trouble with the West Side? Seems pretty far for the admin to stick their necks out for a guy who wasn't widely known for very long. He's pretty vague on the particulars of it.
What trouble did Pennisi have with the westside?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:10 pm
funkster wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:30 pm I'm still unclear why Crea and Madonna straightened him out so quickly. Did it come up in the trial? Why would they make him just to get him out of trouble with the West Side? Seems pretty far for the admin to stick their necks out for a guy who wasn't widely known for very long. He's pretty vague on the particulars of it.
What trouble did Pennisi have with the westside?
He was with a group that got into an altercation with Ralph Balsamo and his crew at a strip club.

Pennisi was a HB guy that was friendly with a lot of people and was close to the bosses son in law. LCN doesnt exactly have the talent pool they had 30+ years ago, maybe the Lucchese's were that desperate for new blood and figured Pennisi would be a solid guy for them as he had done serious prison time too.