John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

newera_212
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by newera_212 »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:55 pm Borello said in one of his interviews that Ronnie G would clown the guys in his crew if he didn’t think they were dressed right. He’d make them go home and change.
The more that comes out about Ronnie G the funnier he sounds. He sounded like a real nut. I think there's a quote from him floating around back in the Howard Beach racial tension days (80s) where he told the newspaper he planned on dropping out of Adams (HS) because there were too many black kids that went there. Gene also said one time that he felt bad for a guy who owed and told Ronnie he was having trouble getting money out of the guy and Ronnie told Gene to go find a job if he couldn't collect
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:47 am
Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:55 pm Borello said in one of his interviews that Ronnie G would clown the guys in his crew if he didn’t think they were dressed right. He’d make them go home and change.
The more that comes out about Ronnie G the funnier he sounds. He sounded like a real nut. I think there's a quote from him floating around back in the Howard Beach racial tension days (80s) where he told the newspaper he planned on dropping out of Adams (HS) because there were too many black kids that went there. Gene also said one time that he felt bad for a guy who owed and told Ronnie he was having trouble getting money out of the guy and Ronnie told Gene to go find a job if he couldn't collect
LOL I saw that. Gene said something like “Ronnie punked me and told me to go get a job, so I went back and split the guys head open with a metal pipe.”

Yeah I gotta say Ronnie has probably come out looking better than anyone since all these informants/former street guys have started doing YouTube shows and press. We’ve heard stories about him being a huge earner (Millions), and about him being good with his hands on numerous occasions. Hootie said his very first day in prison he was knocking guys out lol. Also....the before and after shots of his home renovation in Howard Beach make me bust out laughing every time I see it. Absolutely cracks me up.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

That's gotta be brutal - he probably spent years in the can meticulously running his loans book, dreaming of that house, and now it basically got seized. I think they were forced to sell it and turn over the money to the government, and considering the place was custom built and pretty ridiculous - I would bet they took a loss on the sale (if it's even sold yet). The funny thing is though that as crazy as the house is, it really isn't THAT out of place there. There's some other head scratchers built there, like 3 story monstrosities crammed into a tiny 1/3 acre lot isn't too weird out there
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Pennisi said he went to Ronnie’s house a couple of times when it was mid renovation. I know Pennisi spent most of his time in Staten Island but it wouldn’t shock me if he and Gene crossed paths at some point. Even unknowingly. Pennisi said he and Ronnie had a really good relationship (good enough for Pennisi to get invited to come see Ronnie at his house), and he and Gene were for the most part on the street together at the same time.
Cristal518
Prospect

Post by Cristal518 »

Ryan98366 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:41 pm
Pennisi still lives around the Metro area

Two things about John Pennisi,

1. If you post anything to the comments section of his Sit Down News blog that he doesn’t like, he will block it. Not shocking at all.

2. I was in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday for work and went through the Popeye’s Chicken drive through. It was John Pennisi’s working the drive thru! I didn’t ask if it was him. Clearly it was him but I did not want to blow his new identity. A 20 year old really fat black lady was his manager and she was yelling at him. I didn’t want to interrupt her but I’m 99.9% sure it was Pennisi.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

The story he told about Vic Amuso and the handball game, I think, gives a window into why he’s still able to wield power despite doing life.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:51 pm The story he told about Vic Amuso and the handball game, I think, gives a window into why he’s still able to wield power despite doing life.
Where’s this story?
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

It’s nothing too major. Amuso was playing handball one day in Brooklyn. Some civilian he was playing with didn’t know who he was and called him a stupid idiot or something. Insulted him. A couple of Amuso’s men went to step to the guy and Amuso basically stopped them and said let it go. He just kept playing. I guess sometime a few days after someone filled the guy in on who Vic was and the guy freaked the fuck out. He sent Amuso a big fruit basket and an apology.

Pennisi was just saying how Amuso had every opportunity to humiliate that guy, and instead of pulling the “do you know who I am card?”, or letting his men beat the piss out him, he just let the guy kinda find out on his own. And guys really respected it because Amuso was simultaneously being a gentleman *and* flexing serious muscle without saying a word.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Shellackhead wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:58 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:51 pm The story he told about Vic Amuso and the handball game, I think, gives a window into why he’s still able to wield power despite doing life.
Where’s this story?
Pennisi tells it at some point on this show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSnbfh6F_EM
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:45 am That's gotta be brutal - he probably spent years in the can meticulously running his loans book, dreaming of that house, and now it basically got seized. I think they were forced to sell it and turn over the money to the government, and considering the place was custom built and pretty ridiculous - I would bet they took a loss on the sale (if it's even sold yet). The funny thing is though that as crazy as the house is, it really isn't THAT out of place there. There's some other head scratchers built there, like 3 story monstrosities crammed into a tiny 1/3 acre lot isn't too weird out there
I don't understand how Ronnie thought he was going to be able to keep that house without a legit form of income to support it all? That and being a known member of LCN to LE. ? Why even bother? Its all gonna get seized. You 100% have to have a large source of legit income to live that way...especially when you are under a microscope to LE being a known Member or Associate of LCN. So many guys do this. Get a legit business or get W2'd enough to support it all. So many guys make the same mistake over and over again. Like Joe Perna...he showed only $60k yr W2 as a finance mgr at a used car dealership...yet lived in a $750k home with $20k yr taxes, a shore home and a wife who didn't work and bank cash deposits of 10s of thousands of dollars...all while living under a LE microscope..? Why even bother living waiting for it all to be pulled out from under you.? why when you know 100% its all gonna get seized? Merlino is a nutt..but he smart..hes put nothing is in his name..the houses he lives in ...the deeds are in friends names. Cars he drives all in someone elses name...He gets arrested..they seize the $300 he has in a debit acct. and that's it. lol He doesn't even have to pay the fines..what are they gonna seize? Send him to jail for not paying? if they do he gets 3mos.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Rocco wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:32 pm
newera_212 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:45 am That's gotta be brutal - he probably spent years in the can meticulously running his loans book, dreaming of that house, and now it basically got seized. I think they were forced to sell it and turn over the money to the government, and considering the place was custom built and pretty ridiculous - I would bet they took a loss on the sale (if it's even sold yet). The funny thing is though that as crazy as the house is, it really isn't THAT out of place there. There's some other head scratchers built there, like 3 story monstrosities crammed into a tiny 1/3 acre lot isn't too weird out there
I don't understand how Ronnie thought he was going to be able to keep that house without a legit form of income to support it all? That and being a known member of LCN to LE. ? Why even bother? Its all gonna get seized. You 100% have to have a large source of legit income to live that way...especially when you are under a microscope to LE being a known Member or Associate of LCN. So many guys do this. Get a legit business or get W2'd enough to support it all. So many guys make the same mistake over and over again. Like Joe Perna...he showed only $60k yr W2 as a finance mgr at a used car dealership...yet lived in a $750k home with $20k yr taxes, a shore home and a wife who didn't work and bank cash deposits of 10s of thousands of dollars...all while living under a LE microscope..? Why even bother living waiting for it all to be pulled out from under you.? why when you know 100% its all gonna get seized? Merlino is a nutt..but he smart..hes put nothing is in his name..the houses he lives in ...the deeds are in friends names. Cars he drives all in someone elses name...He gets arrested..they seize the $300 he has in a debit acct. and that's it. lol He doesn't even have to pay the fines..what are they gonna seize? Send him to jail for not paying? if they do he gets 3mos.
That's a good point. I wonder if Ronnie's wife had a job or some sort of income source. I'd have to imagine at the very least Giallanzo was drawing a W2 from somewhere, I mean come'on, but yeah probably nothing big enough to justify that house.

Didn't the Pernas start banging out their credit cards and maxing them out when it came time for seizures and fines, to try and show they really didn't have any money and they were living off their cards? lmao. too little too late but worth a try
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

caught pennisi latest youtube thing about raos. i knew it would have something to do with anthony bowatt. he says the news administation took bowat off the shelf in the last few years. found that real interesting. he says he doesnt know why bowat was on the shelf but it must be something to do with being close to gaspipe.
elasticman
On Record

Post by elasticman »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:19 pm It’s nothing too major. Amuso was playing handball one day in Brooklyn. Some civilian he was playing with didn’t know who he was and called him a stupid idiot or something. Insulted him. A couple of Amuso’s men went to step to the guy and Amuso basically stopped them and said let it go. He just kept playing. I guess sometime a few days after someone filled the guy in on who Vic was and the guy freaked the fuck out. He sent Amuso a big fruit basket and an apology.

Pennisi was just saying how Amuso had every opportunity to humiliate that guy, and instead of pulling the “do you know who I am card?”, or letting his men beat the piss out him, he just let the guy kinda find out on his own. And guys really respected it because Amuso was simultaneously being a gentleman *and* flexing serious muscle without saying a word.
Great story. Seems really at odds with his bloodthirsty reign over his own family though!
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

The Pennisi podcasts are my favorite, because there's alot of present day Cosa Nostra stories he brings to the table. I liked the story of Dom Truscello introducing a shelved guy to Pennisi and friends at Rao's...things like that are way more interesting than "we decided to make a move against Paul"...