Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by sdeitche »

Just now, on a live Mob Museum program on the Canadian Mafia, presenter Stephen Metelsky, a former police sergeant who worked on Project Otremes, is discussing Buffalo.

He is talking about the induction of Dominic Violi. He just said the 'Todaro Family" is still active. And that Joe Todaro is the boss of Buffalo.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:12 am Re: Todaros and relatives

I worked on a family tree one day last August; then I stopped. I was surprised how easy the tree was to put together.

The names in the image below [snip]
I don't think most posters are able to see the image I posted just a bit earlier, probably because I provided a link that wouldn't work for most.

I've just uploaded the image by using the Img-Upload feature here within TBHF.

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

The guy in the livestream says that Morena and Violi were talking about committing a Hit in America through coded messages. Has anyone heard of anything like this before ?
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

SantoClaus wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:56 am
calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:49 pm
SantoClaus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:59 pm
calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:33 pm
SantoClaus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:34 am
calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:26 am
SantoClaus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am Here’s an article from all the way back in 2008, when Giuseppe Coluccio was arrested in Project Reckoning. The article indicated that he was conducting business with people in Atlanta and NYC, so a Ndrangheta relationship working in the USA, does seem plausible in NYC.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2008/0 ... world.html
Indeed! And the Coluccio vs Figliomeni war (Siderno-centric) in Ontario in the past 5-7 years has probably had an echo somewhere in the business links with NYC. Especially if you look at the murders that have followed...
Fair enough! Prior to Carmine Verducci getting killed, I heard a rumour that Angelo Musitano was being targeted, then Verducci was murder.

I was observing a group of guys and one of them was planning on borrowing 250k from the Musitanos, for a failing business venture near the end of March 2014. It seemed as if they wanted to borrow the money, because they weren’t going to pay it back. They appeared to know something else, aka the murder plot?

They didn’t borrow the money, and things played out since how they have.
This is interesting and I have not heard it before..the Coluccio-Figliomeni fight means that Figliomeni tried (and managed) to push out the Coluccio out of business - the murder of Verduci (who stole guns etc) is considered the start of this feud essentially, with the Figliomeni interested in cutting the business of the Coluccio...then how this relates to Musitano is dubious to me..because in theory, business-wide, Musitano was in good relationship with the Commisso (and therefore the Figliomeni) so when the internal feud between Figliomeni/Coluccio erupted not sure where they were... A far as I know Angelo Musitano was killed by the other faction (the Luppino, violi etc...)
The group looking to borrow the money was Non-Italian, I apologize for not mentioning that, it’s an interesting eco-system (Hamilton). Bikers have traditionally been an influence ever since the Hells Angels came to Ontario, prior to that it was Papalia.

They city itself used to have several different biker clubs, so there are many groups of current or ex-members involved, that now ascribe to the Hells Angels. Therefore, to have an overlap of interactions between the two groups, appears to be regular.

IMO for the Ontario market to be truly grasped and appreciated the bikers have to be included in all these topics, for the simple reason, that they can’t be avoided. Either as a means to make money with or whatever, their relationships to all Italian OC, has played an important role to varying degrees.

I believe two Ndrangheta members were killed in Woodbridge or something by Gaetano “Guy” Panepinto?
I remember Panepinto because he and Roda did kill someone but as it is pretty historical I don’t remember the details now...however when panepinto was killed in 2000 and de Maria was suspected of it as accomplice to Calautti. so it all goes back down to GTA groups. And the links between Panepinto Vito and Musitano are known. Indeed at the bikers connection is a constant but they seem to get along pretty well...
I believe the issue with Panepinto was related to gambling houses or something, Panepinto and the bikers didn’t like the Calabrese showing up, telling them how to operate. After, Panepinto was killed the bikers were furious and demanded revenge, I even believed they showed up in full force for his funeral.

As the Violi-Luppino killing Musitano, I don’t know, from the recording of both Dom and Joe Violi, it sounded like someone else was targeting the Musitanos.

“The [police agent] stated that [he] would have thought that 'they' would have gotten rid of [Pat Musitano] before his brother, [Angelo Musitano]. D Violi stated that 'they' wanted to show [Pat Musitano]; that it was a message, D Violi thought," the court documents say.

"'They had told D Violi that before Christmas [Pat Musitano] would be gone; that that would be one headache out of the way."

It's not clear who the "they" mentioned here is.”

In another recording, if I remember correctly, Joe Violi states that he was is taking over Hamilton with the bikers.

One of the conspirators (thought to be the trigger man) in both the attempted murder of Saverio Serrano (Diego Serrano’s son) and Angelo Musitano, being Cudmore had ties to Hells Angels in Hamilton.

“Described as dangerous and violent with entrenched criminal values, he parlayed status as a founding member of an aggressive Hamilton street gang into close ties with the Hells Angels and the Mafia.”

“He was a founding member of a street gang known as the North End Crew (NEC), or at least was an early member. As the NEC grew, it became a training ground for larger enterprises, including the Hamilton chapter of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club.”

I’m not totally sure, but I believe this Cudmore was close with the Iavarone Family in Hamilton, that could be who “they” is in the recordings?
I have to review it too...The factions are not single, they are made up of 3-4 clans/groups each, so it might have been that they were others indeed. The Iavarone kinda came out (went up) of nowhere and took what was left of the Musitano which indeed does include various others, ethnicities and bikers...need to look at this further now!
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

sdeitche wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:41 am Just now, on a live Mob Museum program on the Canadian Mafia, presenter Stephen Metelsky, a former police sergeant who worked on Project Otremes, is discussing Buffalo.

He is talking about the induction of Dominic Violi. He just said the 'Todaro Family" is still active. And that Joe Todaro is the boss of Buffalo.
I think this is the link to the talk on YouTube, but I haven’t watched it yet
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

calabrianwatch wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:38 pm
SantoClaus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am Here’s an article from all the way back in 2008, when Giuseppe Coluccio was arrested in Project Reckoning. The article indicated that he was conducting business with people in Atlanta and NYC, so a Ndrangheta relationship working in the USA, does seem plausible in NYC.

Indeed! And the Coluccio vs Figliomeni war (Siderno-centric) in Ontario in the past 5-7 years has probably had an echo somewhere in the business links with NYC. Especially if you look at the murders that have followed...
Fair enough! Prior to Carmine Verducci getting killed, I heard a rumour that Angelo Musitano was being targeted, then Verducci was murder.

I was observing a group of guys and one of them was planning on borrowing 250k from the Musitanos, for a failing business venture near the end of March 2014. It seemed as if they wanted to borrow the money, because they weren’t going to pay it back. They appeared to know something else, aka the murder plot?

This is interesting and I have not heard it before..the Coluccio-Figliomeni fight means that Figliomeni tried (and managed) to push out the Coluccio out of business - the murder of Verduci (who stole guns etc) is considered the start of this feud essentially, with the Figliomeni interested in cutting the business of the Coluccio...then how this relates to Musitano is dubious to me..because in theory, business-wide, Musitano was in good relationship with the Commisso (and therefore the Figliomeni) so when the internal feud between Figliomeni/Coluccio erupted not sure where they were... A far as I know Angelo Musitano was killed by the other faction (the Luppino, violi etc...)
The group looking to borrow the money was Non-Italian, I apologize for not mentioning that, it’s an interesting eco-system (Hamilton). Bikers have traditionally been an influence ever since the Hells Angels came to Ontario, prior to that it was Papalia.

They city itself used to have several different biker clubs, so there are many groups of current or ex-members involved, that now ascribe to the Hells Angels. Therefore, to have an overlap of interactions between the two groups, appears to be regular.

IMO for the Ontario market to be truly grasped and appreciated the bikers have to be included in all these topics, for the simple reason, that they can’t be avoided. Either as a means to make money with or whatever, their relationships to all Italian OC, has played an important role to varying degrees.

I believe two Ndrangheta members were killed in Woodbridge or something by Gaetano “Guy” Panepinto?
I remember Panepinto because he and Roda did kill someone but as it is pretty historical I don’t remember the details now...however when panepinto was killed in 2000 and de Maria was suspected of it as accomplice to Calautti. so it all goes back down to GTA groups. And the links between Panepinto Vito and Musitano are known. Indeed at the bikers connection is a constant but they seem to get along pretty well...
I believe the issue with Panepinto was related to gambling houses or something, Panepinto and the bikers didn’t like the Calabrese showing up, telling them how to operate. After, Panepinto was killed the bikers were furious and demanded revenge, I even believed they showed up in full force for his funeral.

As the Violi-Luppino killing Musitano, I don’t know, from the recording of both Dom and Joe Violi, it sounded like someone else was targeting the Musitanos.

“The [police agent] stated that [he] would have thought that 'they' would have gotten rid of [Pat Musitano] before his brother, [Angelo Musitano]. D Violi stated that 'they' wanted to show [Pat Musitano]; that it was a message, D Violi thought," the court documents say.

"'They had told D Violi that before Christmas [Pat Musitano] would be gone; that that would be one headache out of the way."

In another recording, if I remember correctly, Joe Violi states that he was is taking over Hamilton with the bikers.

One of the conspirators (thought to be the trigger man) in both the attempted murder of Saverio Serrano (Diego Serrano’s son) and Angelo Musitano, being Cudmore had ties to Hells Angels in Hamilton.

“Described as dangerous and violent with entrenched criminal values, he parlayed status as a founding member of an aggressive Hamilton street gang into close ties with the Hells Angels and the Mafia.”

“He was a founding member of a street gang known as the North End Crew (NEC), or at least was an early member. As the NEC grew, it became a training ground for larger enterprises, including the Hamilton chapter of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club.”

I’m not totally sure, but I believe this Cudmore was close with the Iavarone Family in Hamilton, that could be who “they” is in the recordings?
I have to review it too...The factions are not single, they are made up of 3-4 clans/groups each, so it might have been that they were others indeed. The Iavarone kinda came out (went up) of nowhere and took what was left of the Musitano which indeed does include various others, ethnicities and bikers...need to look at this further now!
I agree, further observation is required, it’s all so interesting.

Antonio Iavarone, was in attendance of the 2018 wedding of Quebec Hells Angels Martin Robert. From the few people I spoke to about it, the wedding was seen as the Hells Angels, essentially being crowded the ‘new’ royalty of Montreal, opposed to the Rizzutos.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/ ... -dun-hells

https://globalnews.ca/news/4720545/hell ... -montreal/
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

sdeitche wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:41 am Just now, on a live Mob Museum program on the Canadian Mafia, presenter Stephen Metelsky, a former police sergeant who worked on Project Otremes, is discussing Buffalo.

“Wasn’t bravado, wasn’t boasting...he is old school mafiosi...there were 30 other candidates all American mobsters that were overlooked.”

Quite the statement above. 30 other candidates for the underboss position Buffalo all in the US. Does that mean there are more than 30 made men, and only 30 in the US were considered?
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

NickleCity wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:51 pm

“Wasn’t bravado, wasn’t boasting...he is old school mafiosi...there were 30 other candidates all American mobsters that were overlooked.”

Quite the statement above. 30 other candidates for the underboss position Buffalo all in the US. Does that mean there are more than 30 made men, and only 30 in the US were considered?
I found that interesting too. He also mentioned there was talk of a murder conspiracy in the United States. I wonder who the intended target would’ve been?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

stubbs wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:58 pm

About 15 minutes in.... it's already worth the watch...

They confirmed Pat Musitano as a made member of Buffalo Cosa Nostra.... the Papalia hit finally makes sense.......
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:18 pm
stubbs wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:58 pm

About 15 minutes in.... it's already worth the watch...

They confirmed Pat Musitano as a made member of Buffalo Cosa Nostra.... the Papalia hit finally makes sense.......
Ok, hold up..... they have Panepinto making a formal intro of the Musitanos, but he wasnt made? Or was he? I thought he wasnt.... ...
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

SantoClaus wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:15 pm

Antonio Iavarone, was in attendance of the 2018 wedding of Quebec Hells Angels Martin Robert. From the few people I spoke to about it, the wedding was seen as the Hells Angels, essentially being crowded the ‘new’ royalty of Montreal, opposed to the Rizzutos.

Yes I do remember that / that wedding was for everyone that counts today...but then again, Montreal is about to see fireworks with Desjardins release in the next weeks so I guess we will see how much these connections count in Montreal. My understanding is that the Iavarone just build bridges with everyone as they were not that strong to start with...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

calabrianwatch wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:22 am
SantoClaus wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:15 pm

Yes I do remember that / that wedding was for everyone that counts today...but then again, Montreal is about to see fireworks with Desjardins release in the next weeks so I guess we will see how much these connections count in Montreal. My understanding is that the Iavarone just build bridges with everyone as they were not that strong to start with...
Oh, wow. Didnt realize he was getting out so soon.... wonder how Miriarchi feels about it......
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Also, glad to see you read up on the conflict within the Camera Di Controllo. I didnt want to be hostile, you were new to the board, and an Italian resident.

But I had questions on Bruzzesse and Ursino being "Commisso men". I was going to say, current info would kinda contradict this.

Also, highly interesting to me as an aside.... the Coluccios drug ops being dismantled, and them turning to the Mancusos. The Aquino and Commissos backing the Piscopisani in Vibo, AGAINST the Mancuso, I think this a direct reaction to the Mancusos making inroads into the Mother Locale Marina Di Gioiosa, as well as lobbying Polsi for a Crimine in Vibo. They were getting way too powerful.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:13 am Also, glad to see you read up on the conflict within the Camera Di Controllo. I didnt want to be hostile, you were new to the board, and an Italian resident.

But I had questions on Bruzzesse and Ursino being "Commisso men". I was going to say, current info would kinda contradict this.

Also, highly interesting to me as an aside.... the Coluccios drug ops being dismantled, and them turning to the Mancusos. The Aquino and Commissos backing the Piscopisani in Vibo, AGAINST the Mancuso, I think this a direct reaction to the Mancusos making inroads into the Mother Locale Marina Di Gioiosa, as well as lobbying Polsi for a Crimine in Vibo. They were getting way too powerful.....
My thinking here is that Rocco Aquino didnt authorize the Coluccios to get their supply through Mancuso channels...... The Ursino were also going around Siderno, building thier own routes through New York with the Gambinos, soon as the cops knocked em down, the Siderno people expelled em all.....
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:13 am Also, glad to see you read up on the conflict within the Camera Di Controllo. I didnt want to be hostile, you were new to the board, and an Italian resident.

Yep! That Bruzzese was linked to Commisso is in the Italian documents, so that is what I meant. There is no doubt Bruzzese went to see Commisso (U Mastru) in Siderno, which essentially makes him 'obedient' to the Commisso's there. About the 'Commisso's in GTA, that is another story, as you know, as Bruzzese was indeed close to Vito, but clearly knew how to do business with the Siderno people, because after all he is a 'ndrangheta man (he has a dote, he is of high ranking in the ndrangheta).

As for the Vibo side, the Piscopisani indeed got the recognition from Reggio and from Siderno, but Mancuso had that recognition long before them. He had already the recognition of Polsi with the Piromalli, so always had been on the Tyrrenian side. His relationship with the Iranian side - the coluccios among them - as far as I know, remained at business level....