RATS RATS and more RATS

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

motorfab
Full Patched

Re: RATS RATS and more RATS

Post by motorfab »

Tommaso Buscetta, Salvatore Contorno, Francesco Marino Mannoia, Valachi, Lonardo, Bompensiero & Fratianno are the most importants for me. In a way Gentile too, but like Joe & Bill Bonanno, he wasn't exactly an informant
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

In terms of dry snitching, Willie Boy Johnson would have to be up there. Without his info the feds wouldn't have been able to place the bugs on Ruggerio's phone or in his kitchen. Who knows how things would have played out without those wiretaps and the heroin case?
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

JCB1977 wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:05 am Angelo Lonardo, former Cleveland Underboss, was easily one of the top informants of his time and the highest ranking member of the mafia of his time when he testified. He put away alot of people and testified throughout the Commission Case and the Strawman Case. He singlehandedly brought down KC, Chicago, Cleveland and Fat Tony as well as some of the most influential Teamster officials in the country.
I don't know. I've always found Lonardo's testimony to be less than impressive. He may have testified in a bunch of trials, but he always seemed to be a peripheral player who testified about things he had heard. I don't really think of any of his appearances as vital. There was always a better witness or evidence. And he had giant gaps in his knowledge. He didn't even seem to know what was going on in Cleveland. You take him away as a witness and all those cases in KC, Chicago, New York, Cleveland have the exact same result. And he provides zero help against places like Detroit and Pittsburgh.