Louis Mannochio (informant?)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mike68
Straightened out

Re: Louis Mannochio (informant?)

Post by mike68 »

If this came from Flemmi, that's all you need to know. End of story. He was covering for himself. Snake.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Yep I was always under the impression Flemmi gave up Salemme. No way do I believe Baby Shacks was an informant.

I call bullshit.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Pete wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:22 pm
Hired_Goonz wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:10 pm
Extortion wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:20 pm Ok I found it....pg 101-102 from Rifleman...

“Flemmi speculated that Rhode Island LCN member Louis Baby Shanks Manocchio had been the individual who gave up the information that led to Salemme’s arrest. Manocbicco had been staying with Salemme at his New York apartment and is ______” (redacted...is an informant maybe is what is redacted”

“Flemmi recalled that in the early 90s, Manocchio would often tell Salemme that Flemmi is no good. Flemmi assumed Manocchio had been told by his _______ that he was an informant (redacted, possibly “handlers”)
I don't know about all this man. Wasn't it Flemmi himself who gave up Salemme back in 72? He was the one meeting with him at Central Park once a week, and didn't Salemme get pinched like a week after Stevie took off for Montreal? It seems a massive stretch to think that if Manocchio was an informant that his handler would just give him the identity of other informants. I mean Jesus Christ that would be a big deal, a massive breach of protocol. Who else was doing that other than Connolly in his dealings with Flemmi and Bulger? Maybe Baby Shanks was telling Frank that Stevie is no good because, gee I don't know, he'd been a gangster for 30+ years at that point and never did any time? Riding around all day with a guy who also hadn't been arrested for 30 years (while all the guys around them got busted), a guy who was already accused by the Globe of being an informant? Not to mention the fact that Stevie skated on the same charge that Salemme got 30 years for lol.

After the shit I've learned from this forum there really isn't any wiseguy who would completely shock me if it came out that they were dry snitching (except a guy like Gotti or Chin), but this accusation seems weak to me.
If Mannochio did that obviously it could have been a power play to take the spot. If he was a long time informant they wouldn’t have had a hard on for him and indicted him when he was 80 something. Maybe I’m wrong I always found why would a boss be a ci? They want the boss for the headlines what’s he gonna give up his underlings and they let him walk? Again the Salemme thing could be true as a power play but long time I doubt
If he was an informant at one time but stopped cooperating all bets are off and he FBI will play fast and loose regardless of your status.

Also theres this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GjsxiumDiL4 where he makes a vague reference to people who are informants that “would make your head spin” vague but goes to show there is or was shit that was happening
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

So i guess the conclusion is that Flemmi can’t be trusted then.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Boston was a wild place in the 60s-80s. Killings left and right in the irish and italian underworld. Over grimey shit too.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:10 pm
Extortion wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:20 pm Ok I found it....pg 101-102 from Rifleman...

“Flemmi speculated that Rhode Island LCN member Louis Baby Shanks Manocchio had been the individual who gave up the information that led to Salemme’s arrest. Manocbicco had been staying with Salemme at his New York apartment and is ______” (redacted...is an informant maybe is what is redacted”

“Flemmi recalled that in the early 90s, Manocchio would often tell Salemme that Flemmi is no good. Flemmi assumed Manocchio had been told by his _______ that he was an informant (redacted, possibly “handlers”)
I don't know about all this man. Wasn't it Flemmi himself who gave up Salemme back in 72? He was the one meeting with him at Central Park once a week, and didn't Salemme get pinched like a week after Stevie took off for Montreal? It seems a massive stretch to think that if Manocchio was an informant that his handler would just give him the identity of other informants. I mean Jesus Christ that would be a big deal, a massive breach of protocol. Who else was doing that other than Connolly in his dealings with Flemmi and Bulger? Maybe Baby Shanks was telling Frank that Stevie is no good because, gee I don't know, he'd been a gangster for 30+ years at that point and never did any time? Riding around all day with a guy who also hadn't been arrested for 30 years (while all the guys around them got busted), a guy who was already accused by the Globe of being an informant? Not to mention the fact that Stevie skated on the same charge that Salemme got 30 years for lol.

After the shit I've learned from this forum there really isn't any wiseguy who would completely shock me if it came out that they were dry snitching (except a guy like Gotti or Chin), but this accusation seems weak to me.
I agree about anybody being an informant or dry snitch. Plenty of other bosses headed crime families smaller than NY that were as tough as Gotti or Chin but not as widely publicized. We can say the same for Accardo and Patriarca. But a very interesting tidbit, one to be explored further
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Even if he supplied info (which I doubt) it didn’t do him any good. The man spent quite a bit of his life on the run, behind bars, and under law enforcement scrutiny. At the end of the day we’ve learned that a lot of these guys back then like now talk. Whether that’s to a large degree or small and to what capacity varies case by case. It’s part of it. The claim is worth investigating, but without more than flemmi’s word and a couple open ended statements it’s difficult to accept.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Thanks for this interesting discussion about the possibility of Manocchio being an informant.

Flemmi in the book Rifleman also thought that Buddy Mclean and Wimpy Bennett were informers but he is a pathological liar. So we don't know the truth either way about if they were or weren't.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Flemmi and Bulger knew where Salemme was and that's how John Connolly happened to be in Manhattan; and happened to spot Salemme in the whole of a congested city. This is Flemmi implicating someone else.

mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

While anything is possible, it's going to take a whole lot more than that weasel Flemmi to make this believable.
NewEnglandHere
Honorary Member

Post by NewEnglandHere »

LOU IS A SOLID GUY ID LITERALLY BET MY LIFE ON THIS ,ONE OF THE BEST GUYS AROUND
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

This would have came out in court already. Lou has been in and out of the system. This is horseshit more then likely.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

The feds busted him with a stolen refrig. and dishwasher few yrs ago. Either they are trying to find a way to fuck him over or they are sick and tired of not being able to get him on rico charges they are reaching...
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

That arrest was back in the 1990s if I'm not mistaken.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:26 am The feds busted him with a stolen refrig. and dishwasher few yrs ago. Either they are trying to find a way to fuck him over or they are sick and tired of not being able to get him on rico charges they are reaching...
I guess he didn't see that Sopranos episode....Zeke did and he unloaded his stolen TV. lol