General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Villain »

What about the alleged candidature by both Catuara and Pilotto regarding LaPortes position? One file says that Pilotto was previously under Catuara.....also what about all of Catuaras chop shops around the Chi Heights area during the mid and late 60s? What about Catuaras involvment in the Buccieri/LaPorte conflict? Why wasnt Caruso a candidate for LaPortes position but instead it was Catuara?

The pic of John Roberto and Catuara says a lot...Roberto is seated on a chair while Catuara is standing beside him like a newly made soldier beside his captain.

And this...

Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

In addition, the pic of Roberto and Catuara was made by a professional photographer at the time, and both of them were sharply dressed up like they were celebrating something...the same way Lombardo was dressed up decades later in 76 when he possibly received his promotion as top rep for the west side aka Battaglias and Alderisios previous positions
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Catuara knew Alex and Ferraro since they were kids and the business connection between them went on a higher level in 1963 when Alex and Ferraro lost two of their most important gambling and loan sharking operators and collectors Louis Tornabene and Louis Briatta from around the Loop and Near South Side. Tornabene was removed and shelved because he made a mistake which also involved other families, while Briatta took a step back because of serious health issues.

1963 files say that Pete Gushi or Gushie, who in turn was known Catuara enforcer, also worked for Alex as his collector. Another file from that same time period states that both Catuara and Gushi worked as enforcers for Alex, but this is the time when Catuara was still a soldier for the Heights crew and helped Alex in collecting.

Alex and LaPorte were partners in several operations around C City, so it is possible that LaPorte "borrowed" Catuara and Gushi to Alex to look out for his interests around Chinatown and the Near South Side which were previously controlled by Tornabene, in return for a certain percentage.

Again, that same year in 1963, Alex also asked for help from another crew aka the Buccieri group, but this time regarding his interests around the Loop area which were previously controlled by Briatta. Bucceri gave Alex two enforcers, Sam and Arnold Gearis or Garris. Alex needed to turn over all of his books to them so they can collect all debts.

When Caruso's top lieutenant Tony Maenza got badly beaten by the cops and most of his operators were being hunted down by the government, Caruso suddenly formed a "trusteeship" with Alex and possibly some other bosses like Buccieri and LaPorte, and so we can suddenly see guys like DiCaro (Alexs and Pierces guy), Catuara (LaPortes guy) and LaPietra (Buccieris guy) being employed by Caruso who in turn was a capo answering to Alex and Ferraro at the time and possibly had the power to "borrow" soldiers from other crews, obviously for the right price. Besides Catuara, both DiCaro and LaPietra also knew the Chinatown area and whole South Side.

Above all according to Pilottos own words, in 1974 Catuara and his guy Tootsie (Palermo) were still doing good and these were all Chi Heights guys. When a capo or a boss states something like this, for me personally it ends the whole debate.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:21 am Wasn't Cataura born in Italy or is that wrong? Anyone know whether he was Sicilian? I was always curious whether Tocco was the main one behind his demise at that point. I also wonder if the attempted hit on Al Pilotto in 81' played into this mystery of what was going on in the 70s/early 80s.
It is interesting to note that the guys who were involved in the assassination attempt, previously worked for the late Catuara and later fell under Pilotto and Palermo.

Another interesting thing to note is that by the late 70s the Ferriola crew began entering the Chi Heights area and the whole situation went on a higher level when Pilotto went to jail.

So theres a possibility that the Ferriola crew mightve played some role in the failed murder attempt, and at first maybe there was some deal between them and the Guzzinos and DAndreas but since some quite unexpected things occurred, later they mightve made a deal with Tocco so they can completely enter all southern suburbs.

Maybe Ferriola used the alleged dissatisfaction within Pilottos crew (the Guzzinos and D'Andreas) after Catuaras demise and after that he promised Tocco a high level spot? No wonder later Tocco was afraid of being killed by Ferriola....
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I think it was just a failed coup on the part of the Guzzinos, D'Andrea, and Ciarrocchi. If Ferriola had been behind it he definitely wouldn't have chosen an amateur like Bounds to carry it out. Also, when Nick D'Andrea was murdered, Calabrese testified it was because the other bosses were interested in his role in the attempted hit on Pilotto, and were planning on interrogating him before he died in the car on the way. That wouldn't make sense if the Outfit higher-ups were really behind it.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:13 pm I think it was just a failed coup on the part of the Guzzinos, D'Andrea, and Ciarrocchi. If Ferriola had been behind it he definitely wouldn't have chosen an amateur like Bounds to carry it out. Also, when Nick D'Andrea was murdered, Calabrese testified it was because the other bosses were interested in his role in the attempted hit on Pilotto, and were planning on interrogating him before he died in the car on the way. That wouldn't make sense if the Outfit higher-ups were really behind it.
He "unexpectedly" died during the so-called interrogation right? And LaPietra was one the guys who "interrogated" him right?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Villain wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:31 pm
Snakes wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:13 pm I think it was just a failed coup on the part of the Guzzinos, D'Andrea, and Ciarrocchi. If Ferriola had been behind it he definitely wouldn't have chosen an amateur like Bounds to carry it out. Also, when Nick D'Andrea was murdered, Calabrese testified it was because the other bosses were interested in his role in the attempted hit on Pilotto, and were planning on interrogating him before he died in the car on the way. That wouldn't make sense if the Outfit higher-ups were really behind it.
He "unexpectedly" died during the so-called interrogation right? And LaPietra was one the guys who "interrogated" him right?
They beat him up at a warehouse and were then going to take him to Dominic Palermo. Sam Carlisi was hitting him the butt of a shotgun on the way, telling him to "shut up." Angelo was driving. They discovered he was dead once they got to the house. Calabrese testified that they were going to question D'Andrea and see who else was involved with the Pilotto hit. Frank Zizzo was also involved with this murder.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:51 pm
Villain wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:31 pm
They beat him up at a warehouse and were then going to take him to Dominic Palermo. Sam Carlisi was hitting him the butt of a shotgun on the way, telling him to "shut up." Angelo was driving. They discovered he was dead once they got to the house. Calabrese testified that they were going to question D'Andrea and see who else was involved with the Pilotto hit. Frank Zizzo was also involved with this murder.
Thanks
Bdchi
Prospect

Post by Bdchi »

What's the latest on Tony Zizzo?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Bdchi wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:03 am What's the latest on Tony Zizzo?

He is still dead.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:04 am
Bdchi wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:03 am What's the latest on Tony Zizzo?

He is still dead.

Pogo
lol
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

Snakes wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:54 am As a brief aside, the following individuals died before ever "officially" being recognized as "made members" by the FBI, although all of them have a reasonably high chance of being classified as such (excepting perhaps Imparato):

Michael Glitta
Salvatore Gruttadauro
Angelo Imparato
Lee Magnafichi
Frank Zizzo [added, 7/28]

If I find evidence that any of these individuals (or others not listed above) are posthumously identified as "LCN members" I will go back and revise previous versions of the list. I want to make sure that everything in this thread is documented or confirmed! Antilliar also had some good suggestions above that one could reasonably classify as "made" during the specified time period. I am still digging so this will definitely be an ongoing project.
When was Albie Vena made?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Gabagool718 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:59 pm
Snakes wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:54 am As a brief aside, the following individuals died before ever "officially" being recognized as "made members" by the FBI, although all of them have a reasonably high chance of being classified as such (excepting perhaps Imparato):

Michael Glitta
Salvatore Gruttadauro
Angelo Imparato
Lee Magnafichi

If I find evidence that any of these individuals (or others not listed above) are posthumously identified as "LCN members" I will go back and revise previous versions of the list. I want to make sure that everything in this thread is documented or confirmed! Antilliar also had some good suggestions above that one could reasonably classify as "made" during the specified time period. I am still digging so this will definitely be an ongoing project.
Not sure but I'd guess early 90s
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

In addition to Snakes previous post, when Zizzo went to jail, it was for Gruttadauro to lead the Indiana faction until his predecessor was free again. Meaning Gruttadauro was acting capo during one period
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:15 pm
Gabagool718 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:59 pm

Michael Glitta
Salvatore Gruttadauro
Angelo Imparato
Lee Magnafichi

Not sure but I'd guess early 90s
If Vena was involved in the Dorfman murder with Frank Schweihs then in was probably in the 1980s. That was a huge hit