Inter-family cooperation on hits

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Inter-family cooperation on hits

Post by Hired_Goonz »

There have been a few murders where multiple mafia families have collaborated to kill someone and I'm wondering how often that has happened. Not thinking so much of instances where the Commission approved a murder but specifically where members and/or associates of more than one family worked together to successfully pull off a sanctioned hit. Some examples:

When Paul Castellano wanted Vito Borelli killed, multiple members and associates of the Bonanno family assisted the Gambino killers by luring the victim to his death, acting as lookouts and even transporting the body to Demeo for dismemberment.

In the infamous 3 captains hit pulled off by the Rastelli faction of the Bonannos in May of 1981, 3 Gambino members buried the bodies in The Hole. I think I read somewhere that the club where the murders took place was connected to the Gambino family as well but not sure about that.

When Lucchese member Michael Pappadio was murdered by members of his own borgata, members of the Colombo family disposed of the body.

Any others that you guys can think of?
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Re: Inter-family cooperation on hits

Post by Amershire_Ed »

The Hoffa murder (depending on whose theory you believe).

I also think there are rumors that Vinny Asaro went along with the Gambinos that killed the young couple that was knocking off social clubs in the early 90s. They caught them and put half a dozen bullets in their head on Christmas Eve ‘92.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The Fred Weiss murder in 1989 was a collaboration between the Gambinos and the DeCavalcantes.

The murder of Al Mineo and Stefano Ferrigno was a collaboration between the Bonannos and a faction of the Luccheses under the direction of Maranzano.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:45 pm The murder of Al Mineo and Stefano Ferrigno was a collaboration between the Bonannos and a faction of the Luccheses under the direction of Maranzano.
Yeah, the Castellammarese War should have a few.

Some of those NYC conflicts in the late 1910s and early 1920s, too, where leaders of different families lined up against each other. Antiliar could break it down.

A lot of Sicilian mafia murders throughout all of its history have involved different families.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Didn’t Gas use a DeCav house to torture and kill Jimmy Hydell?
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

was buddy lungo killed at a genovese members house? that would be one cause those family were close in 85
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The murder of Philly Capo Johhny Keys Simone was a collaboration between Philly, Cleveland and the Gambinos. Cleveland (through John Tronolone) aided in the set up and the Gambinos carried it out.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

The Angelo Bruno murder was a collaboration between the Genovese family and members of the Philly family, although Caponigro and others were double-crossed at the end.
LAfarmer108
Associate

Post by LAfarmer108 »

I thought I read that the Bonnanos (tommy karate?) carried out the hit on willie boy (gambinos)
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

The attempted hit on John Gotti that killed Frank DeCicco was a collaboration between Chin and Vic & Gas.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:21 pm The Hoffa murder (depending on whose theory you believe).

I also think there are rumors that Vinny Asaro went along with the Gambinos that killed the young couple that was knocking off social clubs in the early 90s. They caught them and put half a dozen bullets in their head on Christmas Eve ‘92.
I’d have to go back and read it, but I think Massino talked about that in his testimony. I believe it was Patty DeFilippo and maybe Anthony Donato who killed them.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:07 pm The murder of Philly Capo Johhny Keys Simone was a collaboration between Philly, Cleveland and the Gambinos. Cleveland (through John Tronolone) aided in the set up and the Gambinos carried it out.
The Frank Stillitano murder involved some of the same people from Philadelphia and the Gambinos, too. I don't remember who did what.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

B. wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:52 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:45 pm The murder of Al Mineo and Stefano Ferrigno was a collaboration between the Bonannos and a faction of the Luccheses under the direction of Maranzano.
Yeah, the Castellammarese War should have a few.

Some of those NYC conflicts in the late 1910s and early 1920s, too, where leaders of different families lined up against each other. Antiliar could break it down.

A lot of Sicilian mafia murders throughout all of its history have involved different families.
The Good Killers included people from Schiro/Bonanno and Buffalo. Milwaukee and Kansas City sometimes worked together. The Nick DeJohn killing involved Chicago and San Francisco. I think Herbie Blitzstein involved Los Angeles and Buffalo.
falco
Straightened out

Post by falco »

thekiduknow wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:44 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:21 pm The Hoffa murder (depending on whose theory you believe).

I’d have to go back and read it, but I think Massino talked about that in his testimony. I believe it was Patty DeFilippo and maybe Anthony Donato who killed them.
the uva's were killed by skinny dom pizzonia and ronnie one arm
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Wasn't Ray Ferritto a Los Angeles associate sent to Clevend to kill Danny Greene?