General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:34 pm
Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:28 am Another random subject: I know there has been debate on whether or not Butch Petrocelli was made but I don't think he was. He was put under Rocky Infelise (who was in turn under Ferriola) in 1979, and Rocky wasn't made until '83. I wouldn't imagine they'd put a made guy under a non-made guy but then again, the Outfit wasn't a stickler for formalities.
I was re-reading Scarpelli and he said that Petrocelli was his immediate boss when he was killed at the end of 1980 and when Tony Borsellino was killed a year earlier. He also said that he was Ferriola's top lieutenant.
Makes sense that he'd be their boss as those were Wild Bunch guys.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:28 am Another random subject: I know there has been debate on whether or not Butch Petrocelli was made but I don't think he was. He was put under Rocky Infelise (who was in turn under Ferriola) in 1979, and Rocky wasn't made until '83. I wouldn't imagine they'd put a made guy under a non-made guy but then again, the Outfit wasn't a stickler for formalities.
I was re-reading Scarpelli and he said that Petrocelli was his immediate boss when he was killed at the end of 1980 and when Tony Borsellino was killed a year earlier. He also said that he was Ferriola's top lieutenant.
Not sure who the redacted guy is. Aleman and Inendino were both imprisoned at the time. It isn't Lou Marino, either, as he is unredacted later in the document. Maybe DeLaurentis?

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:10 pm
Not sure who the redacted guy is. Aleman and Inendino were both imprisoned at the time. It isn't Lou Marino, either, as he is unredacted later in the document. Maybe DeLaurentis?

I think DeLaurentis is the best bet for the redacted collector.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Interesting that Infelise was a "street boss" under Ferriola and Aiuppa, which makes Ferriola one time group or territorial boss, similar to the Solano/DiVarco structure
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Villain wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:56 pm Interesting that Infelise was a "street boss" under Ferriola and Aiuppa, which makes Ferriola one time group or territorial boss, similar to the Solano/DiVarco structure
I wouldn't put too much stock in that title. I think it was just a generic term used by the FBI at that and other times.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:05 pm
Although some of the information here is confused, whoever the informant was he seems to indicate that Petrocelli AND Infelice were both Ferriola's top men, and that Petrocelli wasn't under Infelice but over the Wild Bunch for Ferriola. Infelice was in charge of McHenry County and was helping Chicago Heights. So they had different assignments under Ferriola.
https://archive.org/details/JohnDarco/p ... rocelli%22
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Who sponsored Infelise in 83? LaPietra right? Calabrese didnt mention Ferriola...so it was probably LaPietea who inherited Torello position by also having some jurisdiction over the Ferriola crew right?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Villain wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:07 am Who sponsored Infelise in 83? LaPietra right? Calabrese didnt mention Ferriola...so it was probably LaPietea who inherited Torello position by also having some jurisdiction over the Ferriola crew right?
Skids Caruso retired due to his poor health and LaPietra split off from Torello and switched to Chinatown. LaPietra didn't get along with Torello. After Torello died, Ferriola took over his crew. According to Nick Calabrese, LaPietra sponsored Infelice although Infelice was in Ferriola's crew. To Calabrese, Ferriola just headed the Wild Bunch. But according to Scarpelli, Ferriola was capo of the Taylor Street/Cicero crew that previously belonged to Torello. Ferriola probably didn't go to the ceremony because of his health, and with LaPietra formerly being in the same crew as Ferriola he was allowed to stand in for him. Nobody from Grand Avenue was there during the ceremony.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:17 am
Villain wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:07 am Who sponsored Infelise in 83? LaPietra right? Calabrese didnt mention Ferriola...so it was probably LaPietea who inherited Torello position by also having some jurisdiction over the Ferriola crew right?
Skids Caruso retired due to his poor health and LaPietra split off from Torello and switched to Chinatown. LaPietra didn't get along with Torello. After Torello died, Ferriola took over his crew. According to Nick Calabrese, LaPietra sponsored Infelice although Infelice was in Ferriola's crew. To Calabrese, Ferriola just headed the Wild Bunch. But according to Scarpelli, Ferriola was capo of the Taylor Street/Cicero crew that previously belonged to Torello. Ferriola probably didn't go to the ceremony because of his health, and with LaPietra formerly being in the same crew as Ferriola he was allowed to stand in for him. Nobody from Grand Avenue was there during the ceremony.
Felise's ceremony was in 83 and Ferriolas health was quite good at the time.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I could really see it both ways. On the one hand, there is a lot of evidence for Ferriola being a capo going back to Torello dying but on the other, I put a lot of stock in Nick's testimony as he seemed pretty confident about Ferriola's status.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:44 am I could really see it both ways. On the one hand, there is a lot of evidence for Ferriola being a capo going back to Torello dying but on the other, I put a lot of stock in Nick's testimony as he seemed pretty confident about Ferriola's status.
Lets look at the situation like this....

This files says that Ferriola took over Torellos crew, while other sources say it was LaPietra.

Maybe after Torellos death in 79 both crews went separate ways but why would LaPietra sponsor Ferriolas guy in 83, while Ferriola was in good health?

On top of that, we have both LaPietra and Ferriola controlling more than few made guys but it seems that while LaPietra was "at the top", Ferriola wasnt near that position but the situation changed in 85/86.

Im not saying that Jimmy LaPietra answered to Ferriola but i dont think the connection ever ceased. Later we have Monteleone who controlled both Cicero and Chinatown, and we also have Nick Ferriola being an alleged member of the Chinatown crew and numerous other examples....
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Villain wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:34 am
Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:44 am I could really see it both ways. On the one hand, there is a lot of evidence for Ferriola being a capo going back to Torello dying but on the other, I put a lot of stock in Nick's testimony as he seemed pretty confident about Ferriola's status.

This files says that Ferriola took over Torellos crew, while other sources say it was LaPietra.

Maybe after Torellos death in 79 both crews went separate ways but why would LaPietra sponsor Ferriolas guy in 83, while Ferriola was in good health?

On top of that, we have both LaPietra and Ferriola controlling more than few made guys but it seems that while LaPietra was "at the top", Ferriola wasnt near that position but the situation changed in 85/86.

Im not saying that Jimmy LaPietra answered to Ferriola but i dont think the connection ever ceased. Later we have Monteleone who controlled both Cicero and Chinatown, and we also have Nick Ferriola being an alleged member of the Chinatown crew and numerous other examples....
Yeah, it's tough to break down. The best we can do is present all the facts and make our own decisions.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:19 am
Villain wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:34 am

Yeah, it's tough to break down. The best we can do is present all the facts and make our own decisions.
I completely agree bud but i really cant make my own decision or opinion if the evidences say otherwise
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:40 pm
Snakes wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:05 pm
Although some of the information here is confused, whoever the informant was he seems to indicate that Petrocelli AND Infelice were both Ferriola's top men, and that Petrocelli wasn't under Infelice but over the Wild Bunch for Ferriola. Infelice was in charge of McHenry County and was helping Chicago Heights. So they had different assignments under Ferriola.
https://archive.org/details/JohnDarco/p ... rocelli%22
I take a lot of information from that memo with a grain of salt. Certainly worth considering but I'd definitely look for corroboration before stating anything listed there as fact.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

For anyone interested, looks like Joey Grieco's kid posted a photo of Dom Cortina i've never seen before on the fb group.