General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Frank »

Marcy and Roti were both made
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:11 pm I believe Glimco did have a crew at one time - and guys like Dominic Senese and Joe Crackers Mendino worked for him if I am not mistaken. I would also agree he was a made guy given his level of influence of the unions and the fact that most of those embedded that deep were legitimate made guys. They are pugliese.

Joe Jr. and Joe III are both active in the Teamsters even today. I believe James Glimco is/was President and Greg was Treasurer of Local 777. I can't speak to their Outfit ties now - some of these guys are actually legitimate hard workers who just had Dads who got them easy jobs.

Another supposed made guy was Pat Marcy - wonder what year/borgata he would have been made under.
Marcy started under D'Andrea and Roti Sr and later ended up under Ferraro and Alex.

Btw, i think few of Glimcos associates/underlings were Senese, Vic Comforte, Jack Perno, Dan Considine, Eco Coli, Frank Pantaleo and others.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Glimco was definitely made and may have had a crew, but it doesn't follow they were all made guys in his crew or that he was a capo. Frank Calabrese had a crew that included a made guy (his brother Nick), but the rest weren't made and he was only a soldier who reported to La Pietra. There's debate whether Senese was a made guy, and Mendino was a member of the Battaglia crew. If Marcy was in any crew it most likely would have been Chinatown, but the evidence shows that he reported to the administration: Giancana, Ferraro, Humphreys, Alex, and their successors.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Plus Crackers Mendino I recall had a beef with Glimco over slot machines in the north suburbs. Unless I have it mixed up, Accardo overruled Giancana in Glimco’s favor, and Mooney was pissed as he was partnered with Mendino?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:07 pm Glimco was definitely made and may have had a crew, but it doesn't follow they were all made guys in his crew or that he was a capo. Frank Calabrese had a crew that included a made guy (his brother Nick), but the rest weren't made and he was only a soldier who reported to La Pietra. There's debate whether Senese was a made guy, and Mendino was a member of the Battaglia crew. If Marcy was in any crew it most likely would have been Chinatown, but the evidence shows that he reported to the administration: Giancana, Ferraro, Humphreys, Alex, and their successors.
My impression was always that neither Marcy nor Glimco reported to a capo, but rather both were direct with the admin. This being because they weren’t typical “soldiers” involved in street rackets but operatives overseeing high sensitivity specialties of prime importance to the Outfit.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:11 pm Joe Jr. and Joe III are both active in the Teamsters even today. I believe James Glimco is/was President and Greg was Treasurer of Local 777. I can't speak to their Outfit ties now - some of these guys are actually legitimate hard workers who just had Dads who got them easy jobs.
Buddy of mine works for a company that does a ton of business with the Glimcos. They are deeply embedded in the trucking industry and i believe even own a few companies.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:46 pm
Antiliar wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:07 pm Glimco was definitely made and may have had a crew, but it doesn't follow they were all made guys in his crew or that he was a capo. Frank Calabrese had a crew that included a made guy (his brother Nick), but the rest weren't made and he was only a soldier who reported to La Pietra. There's debate whether Senese was a made guy, and Mendino was a member of the Battaglia crew. If Marcy was in any crew it most likely would have been Chinatown, but the evidence shows that he reported to the administration: Giancana, Ferraro, Humphreys, Alex, and their successors.
My impression was always that neither Marcy nor Glimco reported to a capo, but rather both were direct with the admin. This being because they weren’t typical “soldiers” involved in street rackets but operatives overseeing high sensitivity specialties of prime importance to the Outfit.
According to Marcy's own words....Skids belonged to Ferraro and Alex, the same way they belong to them. Also, accarding to Rotis own words, during the late 40s or early 50s Roti Sr and Accardo brought them into the First Ward
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:00 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:46 pm
According to Marcy's own words....Skids belonged to Ferraro and Alex, the same way they belong to them. Also, accarding to Rotis own words, during the late 40s or early 50s Roti Sr and Accardo brought them into the First Ward
Thanks and that makes a lot of sense. I should’ve been clear that my impression about Marcy being direct with the admin was probably later, in the 70s and 80s.
Last edited by PolackTony on Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:07 pm Glimco was definitely made and may have had a crew, but it doesn't follow they were all made guys in his crew or that he was a capo. Frank Calabrese had a crew that included a made guy (his brother Nick), but the rest weren't made and he was only a soldier who reported to La Pietra. There's debate whether Senese was a made guy, and Mendino was a member of the Battaglia crew.
Yes Mendino was in the Battaglia crew, possibly same as Glimco who in turn, as you already said, was an influential soldier with one or two made members beneath him and an army of associates
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

...in addition, i wonder if Dan Considine was related to James Considine an old time 19th Ward politician and saloon owner on W Madison
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Another random subject: I know there has been debate on whether or not Butch Petrocelli was made but I don't think he was. He was put under Rocky Infelise (who was in turn under Ferriola) in 1979, and Rocky wasn't made until '83. I wouldn't imagine they'd put a made guy under a non-made guy but then again, the Outfit wasn't a stickler for formalities.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:28 am Another random subject: I know there has been debate on whether or not Butch Petrocelli was made but I don't think he was. He was put under Rocky Infelise (who was in turn under Ferriola) in 1979, and Rocky wasn't made until '83. I wouldn't imagine they'd put a made guy under a non-made guy but then again, the Outfit wasn't a stickler for formalities.
Thats a good point, Infelise being made in 83 can affect that thought. What about Lou Marino?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Frank wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:35 am
Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:28 am Another random subject: I know there has been debate on whether or not Butch Petrocelli was made but I don't think he was. He was put under Rocky Infelise (who was in turn under Ferriola) in 1979, and Rocky wasn't made until '83. I wouldn't imagine they'd put a made guy under a non-made guy but then again, the Outfit wasn't a stickler for formalities.
Thats a good point, Infelise being made in 83 can affect that thought. What about Lou Marino?
I'm not really sure about Lou. I figured he was made before '86 since he was allegedly at the Spilotro murders. I would figure they'd want all made guys to be there if they were going to put on the making ceremony illusion but who knows.

Or, maybe this is a stretch, they told Anthony that they were gonna make Lou and a couple other guys at the ceremony (possibly the ones Nick didn't recognize) to add a layer of legitimacy to it. They could have then made these guys at a later date. I believe that Nick said that the 1988 ceremony was the next one following his own making ceremony (1983) but I'm not sure how he'd know that exactly. I don't think it necessarily rules out making a handful of guys here and there using a smaller ceremony.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Good point. One I'd like to find out about is Ronald DeAngelis. Not sure if he was made or not.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:50 pm
Good point. One I'd like to find out about is Ronald DeAngelis. Not sure if he was made or not.
The FBI said he was made using the revised criteria set out in the mid-80s for LCN member identification.