General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:19 pm
Snakes wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:06 pm Monteleone lived in Oak Lawn in the nineties.
That’s possible, though I recall his address in 1999 as being in Cicero. His death in 2001 was recorded in Oak Lawn. His parents lived for years before their deaths near 62nd and Kostner on the Southwest side.
10440 S Mansfield Ave
Oak Lawn
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:37 am
Snakes wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:06 pm Monteleone lived in Oak Lawn in the nineties.
That’s possible, though I recall his address in 1999 as being in Cicero. His death in 2001 was recorded in Oak Lawn. His parents lived for years before their deaths near 62nd and Kostner on the Southwest side.
10440 S Mansfield Ave
Oak Lawn
Thanks. I had him at 1405 S 60th CT in Cicero, but I’m not sure of the exact year. Maybe it wasn’t 1999. I do note that his SS Death Index states that his last residence was in Oak Lawn.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

S Kostner av is considered Cicero?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:43 am
10440 S Mansfield Ave
Oak Lawn
Thanks. I had him at 1405 S 60th CT in Cicero, but I’m not sure of the exact year. Maybe it wasn’t 1999. I do note that his SS Death Index states that his last residence was in Oak Lawn.
This was mid to late nineties intel from the FBI. Monteleone did live at the Cicero address through the 70s but he was at the Oak Lawn address by at least 1990 and probably some time before as head been imprisoned for the preceding four years.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Villain wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:09 am S Kostner av is considered Cicero?
It depends on where you are. It runs south for quite a ways.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:14 am
Kostner never runs through Cicero, as it lies east of the border at Cicero Ave. The section of Kostner where the Monteleones lived is in the city, close to Midway airport.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Apes worked for Feef with his mansion in Niles, Ferriola with his mansion in Oak Brook and Angelo with his Bridgeport compound. When he gets the spot, he's living in a suburban apartment complex in Oak Lawn.

If he was the main boss he had to have more money than that - that is either exceptionally old-school/disciplined (which Apes seemed to be by all accounts) - but I think the reality is that these guys own multiple properties, often in the names of others. I would assume Apes had properties in Wisconsin and potentially other areas....though again, maybe he was just that old school and under the radar that he would live like that to avoid heat.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:12 am
PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:43 am
10440 S Mansfield Ave
Oak Lawn
This was mid to late nineties intel from the FBI. Monteleone did live at the Cicero address through the 70s but he was at the Oak Lawn address by at least 1990 and probably some time before as head been imprisoned for the preceding four years.
That would make sense. When he came out of prison was around when he was bumped up to Capo over Chinatown, right? If so, that would warrant a move to a nicer address.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Carlisi also owned a mansion in Bartlett - maybe Apes and DiFronzo figured out the best way to exist in the 90s was to live as under the radar as possible and so they kept living in these small apartment complexes and three flats. A lot harder to surveillance a condo complex where both were living than a large suburban house. Also a lot easier to move in and out I would expect.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:04 am
Kostner never runs through Cicero, as it lies east of the border at Cicero Ave. The section of Kostner where the Monteleones lived is in the city, close to Midway airport.
Thanks guys
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:04 am
No, you're right; I'm sorry. I got my geography mixed up.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

More random Chicago info: The FBI identified Joey Glimco as a capo in the late eighties. I am currently unsure of any further context behind this intel but I will try and get more information to share.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:40 am More random Chicago info: The FBI identified Joey Glimco as a capo in the late eighties. I am currently unsure of any further context behind this intel but I will try and get more information to share.
I recall that Roemer called him a capo, but I've never seen evidence for it in any FBI files when he was active. Plus, who would have been in his crew. Bill Bonanno wrote that in some Families they had capos without crews, but I don't think Chicago was one of them. It seems to me that Glimco was a soldier who answered to the administration.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:00 pm
Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:40 am More random Chicago info: The FBI identified Joey Glimco as a capo in the late eighties. I am currently unsure of any further context behind this intel but I will try and get more information to share.
I recall that Roemer called him a capo, but I've never seen evidence for it in any FBI files when he was active. Plus, who would have been in his crew. Bill Bonanno wrote that in some Families they had capos without crews, but I don't think Chicago was one of them. It seems to me that Glimco was a soldier who answered to the administration.
Yeah, I don't know why they had him labeled as such. The only thing I can figure is that they considered him one due to his position in the unions. Maybe all the labor guys reported to him? I haven't read anything concerning that but I'll dig a little deeper.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

I believe Glimco did have a crew at one time - and guys like Dominic Senese and Joe Crackers Mendino worked for him if I am not mistaken. I would also agree he was a made guy given his level of influence of the unions and the fact that most of those embedded that deep were legitimate made guys. They are pugliese.

Joe Jr. and Joe III are both active in the Teamsters even today. I believe James Glimco is/was President and Greg was Treasurer of Local 777. I can't speak to their Outfit ties now - some of these guys are actually legitimate hard workers who just had Dads who got them easy jobs.

Another supposed made guy was Pat Marcy - wonder what year/borgata he would have been made under.