Peter Gotti is dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bronx
Full Patched

Re: Peter Gotti is dead

Post by bronx »

well said Chris
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:04 pm The Sicilians (when I use that term, I'm not just referring to those born on the island but those born here with extensive ties and family background- like Cali) don't see The Boss position like Sopranos s1e3 where the FBI gets everything on tape and they become a lightning rod. They believe that if they "do things right" they can avoid scrutiny. It's not about dressing down like Barney Bellomo but more about not giving the FBI what it needs to indict. We, as outsiders can see this as an impossible measure but the same could be said for joining overall. You can't get away with crime like you could 70 years ago.

The surnames of Mannino, Cali, Gambino, Inzerillo have factored into the Palermitan mafia since the 1870's within a 15 mile radius. They're not in the mafia, they are the mafia. This is a century-old tradition to them.
I hate to keep bringing it back to Pennisi and Hootie, but the truth is theyre simply out there a lot right now...I'm curious if Hootie's mentioned his thoughts on the sicilian faction in any of his 800 podcast appearances. Pennisi seemed to hold them in high regard. Hootie has shit on a lot of the Gambinos without mentioning the SF.

It's not particularly surprising that Scars is still at least in tune with some of the whispers on the street, hasn't he said he regrets cooperating or at least hinted at it?
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:48 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:20 pm
funkster wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:53 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:42 am Wonder who the Gambinos vote in as official boss now, Cefalu or Mannino.
This.
Mannino, as per MD.
How old is Mannino? Late 50's?
Too young Im thinking to be boss you'd think. It's not unprecedented, sure, but unlikely yes?
Gigante, Amuso, Persico, Massino, Gotti, Bellomo just as recent examples were all mid-50’s or younger when they took the throne. Going back even further Carlo G. was even mid 50’s when he became boss and Castellano was only 61 when he became boss.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Southshore88 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:37 pm Gigante, Amuso, Persico, Massino, Gotti, Bellomo just as recent examples were all mid-50’s or younger when they took the throne. Going back even further Carlo G. was even mid 50’s when he became boss and Castellano was only 61 when he became boss.
That's a good point, but keep in mind that the average age of Cosa Nostra members back then was lower than it is today. If I remember correctly, Wiseguy did the math years ago, and the average age of a made man in the modern mob was 70+.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

eboli wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:03 pm
Southshore88 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:37 pm Gigante, Amuso, Persico, Massino, Gotti, Bellomo just as recent examples were all mid-50’s or younger when they took the throne. Going back even further Carlo G. was even mid 50’s when he became boss and Castellano was only 61 when he became boss.
That's a good point, but keep in mind that the average age of Cosa Nostra members back then was lower than it is today. If I remember correctly, Wiseguy did the math years ago, and the average age of a made man in the modern mob was 70+.
That’s also a great point Eboli, thanks. Would be interesting to know the average age of the Gambino family today as well as the average age of their soldiers vs. average age of capos (or capos + admin). I wanted to keep my point focused on the last 50 years because the average age would’ve been even more skewed younger if we start from 1931.

The most relevant examples from recent times would be Barney and Mancuso who both assumed the throne before 60 within the last 10 years.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Southshore88 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:13 pm
That’s also a great point Eboli, thanks. Would be interesting to know the average age of the Gambino family today as well as the average age of their soldiers vs. average age of capos (or capos + admin). I wanted to keep my point focused on the last 50 years because the average age would’ve been even more skewed younger if we start from 1931.

The most relevant examples from recent times would be Barney and Mancuso who both assumed the throne before 60 within the last 10 years.
Fair call. I stand corrected.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Southshore88 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:13 pm That’s also a great point Eboli, thanks. Would be interesting to know the average age of the Gambino family today as well as the average age of their soldiers vs. average age of capos (or capos + admin). I wanted to keep my point focused on the last 50 years because the average age would’ve been even more skewed younger if we start from 1931.

Bellomo has always been an outlier. He was made at 20, promoted to captain at 29, acting boss at 35, etc. He was the boy wonder and groomed for leadership from an early age. I get your point, though. Mancuso is a good candidate, too. He was 57 when he was ID'd as boss.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I actually think that was only for the Genovese while the average bonnano is around his late 50s
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Dave65827 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm
I actually think that was only for the Genovese while the average bonnano is around his late 50s
Yeah, the Genovese seem to be the oldest, mostly because few of their younger members are publicly identified. The mob is younger than Pogo has in his charts, but the trajectory for older membership compared to previous generations is undeniable. The recruitment pools are drying up. The 21st century mafia recruit is in their 40s.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

eboli wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:50 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm
Yeah, the Genovese seem to be the oldest, mostly because few of their younger members are publicly identified. The mob is younger than Pogo has in his charts, but the trajectory for older membership compared to previous generations is undeniable. The recruitment pools are drying up. The 21st century mafia recruit is in their 40s.
A few years ago, I took all the members on on Pogo's charts (an adequate sample size) and averaged out the ages. The Genovese family was the oldest with an average age in the mid-70s. The Bonannos were the youngest with an average age in the mid-60s.
All roads lead to New York.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Your'e right about Barney dressing down. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him last year at Home Depot picking out sheetrock himself in jeans construction boots and a sweatshirt. Law enforcement is going to have a tough time proving anything against him and the law.
jimmi_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmi_beans8 »

did admin'binos" send SKINS to phillyy....or was he =DOING TOO MUCH=
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:04 pm The Sicilians (when I use that term, I'm not just referring to those born on the island but those born here with extensive ties and family background- like Cali) don't see The Boss position like Sopranos s1e3 where the FBI gets everything on tape and they become a lightning rod. They believe that if they "do things right" they can avoid scrutiny. It's not about dressing down like Barney Bellomo but more about not giving the FBI what it needs to indict. We, as outsiders can see this as an impossible measure but the same could be said for joining overall. You can't get away with crime like you could 70 years ago.

The surnames of Mannino, Cali, Gambino, Inzerillo have factored into the Palermitan mafia since the 1870's within a 15 mile radius. They're not in the mafia, they are the mafia. This is a century-old tradition to them.
Perfectly stated... great post
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

RIP
Send word to Vladimir that you have his money, that he should come to the club tomorrow. We'll take care of the rest
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:37 pm

Perfectly stated... great post
I'd also add Spatola, maybe DiMaggio, the subfamilies- clans are like Adamita, Napoli, Cefalu, Zito, ect.......