Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

joerock
Straightened out

Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Post by joerock »

Present day DeCavalcante Family opinions and discussions. Family has become very mysterious nobody knows anything about the administration with the acceptation of Frank Nigro as consigliere, capos, soldiers, and associates very much unknown. Feel free to share any knowledge you may have, awesome to have these discussions. Ready...set..go🤘
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Re: Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Post by NJShore4Life »

The DeCavs really give you a hard on , don’t they?

Just move here to Jersey already or rewatch The Sopranos again (which the Decavs are absolutely nothing like, only similarity is that they’re both Jersey based LCN families) .

-Dante
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Prior to the Stango bust (2014) when we were still on the old board I had Majuri as boss Nigro as Underboss and John LaBarbara as Consigliere. Once the indictment comes in with Nigro as Consigliere I realized this person I was hearing this from was obviously not getting full picture and probably misinterpreting things but just having Nigro in the administration at all gave me confidence he wasn’t totally bullshitting because at that time Nigro name was not in the conversation at all. He said they had 70+ soldiers (which was most likely an overstatement) and told me the captains or at least who he thought were the captains at that point in 2014. Guys like Joe Sclafani, Russ Cocchiaro, 2 of the Merlo’s, Frank Aiosa and a few other guys I can’t recall right now. He had a few things wrong a few things right but most of it has yet to be proven or disproven.

I spoke about this with a few people thru DM but I believe when Riggi got out there was friction between him and Majuri. Riggi tried to take the family back. Yes he was official boss but over the years had lost all of his actual power and most captains went with Charlie. It’s at this point when the factions were lining up against each other when riggi inducts oliveri. That’s why stango called his induction invalid. Riggi dies and the possible conflict is avoided. Majuri took back all the guys who went against him with no problems and even recognized oliveri as a friend.

Disclaimer is dont take this all as gospel its what I THINK happened from hearing shit on the street.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Ehh wouldn’t say hard on just very interested, to me there very mysterious there that one family nobody talks about.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Hopefully whenever that new book on the undercover agent comes out it'll fill some more gaps
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:31 am Prior to the Stango bust (2014) when we were still on the old board I had Majuri as boss Nigro as Underboss and John LaBarbara as Consigliere. Once the indictment comes in with Nigro as Consigliere I realized this person I was hearing this from was obviously not getting full picture and probably misinterpreting things but just having Nigro in the administration at all gave me confidence he wasn’t totally bullshitting because at that time Nigro name was not in the conversation at all. He said they had 70+ soldiers (which was most likely an overstatement) and told me the captains or at least who he thought were the captains at that point in 2014. Guys like Joe Sclafani, Russ Cocchiaro, 2 of the Merlo’s, Frank Aiosa and a few other guys I can’t recall right now. He had a few things wrong a few things right but most of it has yet to be proven or disproven.

I spoke about this with a few people thru DM but I believe when Riggi got out there was friction between him and Majuri. Riggi tried to take the family back. Yes he was official boss but over the years had lost all of his actual power and most captains went with Charlie. It’s at this point when the factions were lining up against each other when riggi inducts oliveri. That’s why stango called his induction invalid. Riggi dies and the possible conflict is avoided. Majuri took back all the guys who went against him with no problems and even recognized oliveri as a friend.

Disclaimer is dont take this all as gospel its what I THINK happened from hearing shit on the street.

That’s interesting, sounds like Stango won’t be welcomed back with open arms then
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:39 am Hopefully whenever that new book on the undercover agent comes out it'll fill some more gaps
June 1st apparently
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I think the DeCavs are doing better than we think but are still pretty weak overral you know what I mean ? Like they probably doing stuff without all the LE pressure compared to say Philly who is always under surveillance

Like Jersey is probably the most fertile place for LCN recruitment and rackets. I know the Stango bust was really penny change but I would call some of those “associates” a stretch
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

joerock wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:49 am That’s interesting, sounds like Stango won’t be welcomed back with open arms then
From what I know Stango was on Majuris side but I don’t know if there is fall out from trying to have Oliveri killed, if it wasn’t sanctioned.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:54 am
joerock wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:49 am That’s interesting, sounds like Stango won’t be welcomed back with open arms then
From what I know Stango was on Majuris side but I don’t know if there is fall out from trying to have Oliveri killed, if it wasn’t sanctioned.
I wouldn’t even let Stango get a sniff talking business over the phone has been a big no no forever
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Riggi as boss, Guarraci as acting boss and Nigro as consigliere is the last confirmed info we have on the administration. Around Guarraci's death, FNU Horse LNU was identified as the new acting boss. FNU Milk LNU was the street boss. Milk is likely Mike Merlo, but it might be his brother, Joe Red. No news about them in recent years. I suspect that's because there's no large-scale operations left. Stagno even complained they are under the Gambinos, with reduced activity and decreasing money flow, it makes sense.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Must be difficult having to compete with the 5 families plus Philly in Jersey. With it historically being a farm team for the Gambinos as well

Not to mention the Young Italians still dumb enough to join OC hook up with the 5 families and not the DeCavs

I think it’s probably like the Patriarcas mostly legit and probably being kept alive artificially more so than the other families.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Hopefully this new book coming out will clear all this confusion up. Let’s just hope it’s release doesn’t get pushed back any further!
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

The Decavs are still around and kicking, concentrated mainly in three areas of the state with majority of the guys being First and Second Generation Sicilians who actually speak Italian.

They’re still heavy Into Construction and all the ancillary things that go with construction and construction workers. Heard they dabble in prostitution a little bit too with massage parlors in the Elizabeth/Hillside area. They’re again majority old school First and Second Generation Sicilians , they’re quiet. That Stango crew were outliers within the family and they were mainly brokesters who sold drugs at the shore.

They’re also into owning legit Italian Restaurants here in Jersey, for example Giralamo Palermo owned Rockafella’s by the Sea in Ortley Beach, his kids still own it to this day. My friend in HS worked there as a busboy in the late 1990s/early 2000s, he had some wild stories back then there was a lotta shit going down before the big DeCav bust that took down most of the guys .

They were Never were really big into Sports Betting at all as the West Side and Luchese Crews here in Jersey have that market cornered with their huge sports books. The Gambinos and Philly Newark crew also have Jersey based sports books although nothing compared to what west side and Lucchese have here.

My next door neighbor growing up as a kid who was about 7 years older than me and our Mothers were also good friends married a very high ranking DeCavs daughter.

In all, they’re around still just quiet and very Sicilian/Construction orientated. They’re different than the other crews you see here in Jersey. Like you would never see someone like a Johnny Perna or a Joey Merlino have anything to do with those old Sicilians. The Stango idiots and that crew were the exception and not the norm with that family. That Fat Sweaty wigger barely even knew his Father Beeps as he was incarcerated for 95% of his life. Those other wigger kids selling drugs here at the shore I will almost 100% guarantee met with the other Wigger Whitey Stagno and only that moron, they weren’t “real” associates of that family but were more than likely on record with Beeps through his idiot son.

-Dante
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:07 am The DeCavs really give you a hard on , don’t they?

Just move here to Jersey already or rewatch The Sopranos again (which the Decavs are absolutely nothing like, only similarity is that they’re both Jersey based LCN families) .

-Dante
JoeRock I was just busting your balls, btw
I’m in a fucking terrible mood today