John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Rocco »

Pennisi didn't seem like an earner. I never hear about how much and how he was making illegal money? Nada... besides helping someone do this or that. Like the Range Rover thing with Perna. But that was Perna's racket. What the hell was Pennisi's racket? He talking about small time bookmaking. What was he making $11k a month at best? Perna could have gotten him a job selling high end used cars and he would have made $16k month lol
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Rocco wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:46 pm Pennisi didn't seem like an earner. I never hear about how much and how he was making illegal money? Nada... besides helping someone do this or that. Like the Range Rover thing with Perna. But that was Perna's racket. What the hell was Pennisi's racket? He talking about small time bookmaking. What was he making $11k a month at best? Perna could have gotten him a job selling high end used cars and he would have made $16k month lol
Penninsi said he couldnt talk about a scam that gave him his big score money wise. It’s probably still ongoing and probably waiting for the upcoming DeSantis indictment
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I'm still unclear why Crea and Madonna straightened him out so quickly. Did it come up in the trial? Why would they make him just to get him out of trouble with the West Side? Seems pretty far for the admin to stick their necks out for a guy who wasn't widely known for very long. He's pretty vague on the particulars of it.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:13 pm
newera_212 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:30 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:28 pm
newera_212 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:37 pm
One thing that was funny was at the end Hootie said "John is the real deal and was a big name in the neighborhood when I was a kid, we all knew about his rep" - Pennisi was nice enough to let him finish and not correct him, but it was Pennisi himself who said at one point he grew up a regular kid loosely, loosely connected to the fringes, and was away for a majority of Hootie's formative years. So it seems all these youtubers big eachother up... that statement almost kind of makes me a little skeptical now when I hear him/them say (insert other former LCN / current youtuber here) is the real deal... just a little.
I think you're off here....Ok pennisi was a regular kid who grew up loosely connected but he also did a murder right on 80th St, went on the lam for months then caught a 20 year bid. Hootie was 15 when that happened so he definitely heard all about Pennisi like everyone else in the neighborhood and that's what he was referring to when he said "John is the real deal and was a big name in the neighborhood when I was a kid, we all knew about his rep".
I took it as Hootie saying Pennisi's name rung bells in LCN circles and he had a rep as a player, not as Pennisi having a rep as a nut for killing somebody over a petty dispute. But I get what you're saying because i guess on the 'streets' neither of those are a bad thing, but I consider it two different things.

I also didn't realize Hootie was that old too, but it makes sense now, remembering how he always said he was with Ronnie Trucchio first and his son second. That's a crazy situation for Al Trucchio to be in, inheriting and being in charge of guys from his dad that were older and way more seasoned than him.
The John he was talking about was Alite, not Pennissi
I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the end of the show when they all say goodbye. He says bye to John and says how much of a name and rep John had in the neighborhood. He's saying bye to, and talking about, Pennisi. The Alite convo was long before this. They weren't taking about Alite when they were thanking one another for the show and saying their goodbyes.

They had the entire podcast up, about 1.5 hours, in one segment the first day it was released. Now it looks like they split it up into different segments and are staggering those. Maybe that part hadnt dropped yet but at the end of the show he says he wants the audience to know how much of a name and how much respect John had. Alite hasn't been talked about for almost an hour by then if i recall correctly
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I thought the most telling interaction between Hootie and Pennisi was when Hootie was talking about the Genovese Family and how he loves their structure. He said he went to pick up his check for a no-show job he had, and when he got there he saw a Genovese captain working his ass off covered in cement. He was like “there I am, brand new sweat suit, brand new sneakers, collecting my no show check—and I’m just an associate!—but there’s a Genovese captain grinding away at the job site”. He said then he found out how many Westside captains and soldiers got up and went to work every day and was blown away. And I don’t mean “work” at a bar or restaurant that essentially doubled as a social club, but actual job sites and places of business.

Then Pennisi chimed in and basically said “now Hootie, who do you think draws more attention....you collecting that no show check in your track suit and fresh kicks, or the captain covered in cement putting in 40 hours a week?” And Hootie agreed with him and was like “no you are absolutely right”. And Pennisi was basically trying to say he shared the same mentality as those Genovese guys did. Low profile, under the radar, etc.

I thought it was an illuminating convo into both their mindsets, then and now.
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:03 pm I thought the most telling interaction between Hootie and Pennisi was when Hootie was talking about the Genovese Family and how he loves their structure. He said he went to pick up his check for a no-show job he had, and when he got there he saw a Genovese captain working his ass off covered in cement. He was like “there I am, brand new sweat suit, brand new sneakers, collecting my no show check—and I’m just an associate!—but there’s a Genovese captain grinding away at the job site”. He said then he found out how many Westside captains and soldiers got up and went to work every day and was blown away. And I don’t mean “work” at a bar or restaurant that essentially doubled as a social club, but actual job sites and places of business.

Then Pennisi chimed in and basically said “now Hootie, who do you think draws more attention....you collecting that no show check in your track suit and fresh kicks, or the captain covered in cement putting in 40 hours a week?” And Hootie agreed with him and was like “no you are absolutely right”. And Pennisi was basically trying to say he shared the same mentality as those Genovese guys did. Low profile, under the radar, etc.

This stood out to me as well, very intelligent way to go about that life in this day and age. There are people here talking trash about a guy working a 9-5 job while being in the mob, when the Genovese is doing that very same thing lol, guess they ain’t true mob guys lol.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Rocco wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:46 pm Pennisi didn't seem like an earner. I never hear about how much and how he was making illegal money? Nada... besides helping someone do this or that. Like the Range Rover thing with Perna. But that was Perna's racket. What the hell was Pennisi's racket? He talking about small time bookmaking. What was he making $11k a month at best? Perna could have gotten him a job selling high end used cars and he would have made $16k month lol
He worked a 9-5 job as a kitchen / bath contractor

I like Pennisi stories but he shouldn’t of brought up John drug issue , that was Fd up IMO

He seems to be a little too vindictive IMO now

Obviously him doing time for a hit , being one of Joey D. best friend and the the WS beef got him made so quick but I wonder if since he was a Howard Beach guy that maybe they were trying to beef up that crew ? As that area might be one of the most lucrative shy and gambling volumes ( plus traditional extortion ) in the entire metro area . Who does the Luchesse have in Howard Beach ?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

TommyNoto wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:09 pm

I like Pennisi stories but he shouldn’t of brought up John drug issue , that was Fd up IMO

Obviously him doing time for a hit , being one of Joey D. best friend and the the WS beef got him made so quick but I wonder if since he was a Howard Beach guy that maybe they were trying to beef up that crew ? As that area might be one of the most lucrative shy and gambling volumes ( plus traditional extortion ) in the entire metro area . Who does the Luchesse have in Howard Beach ?
I've said this before but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pennisi is downplaying just about everything surrounding his making and his entire made man career. Protecting himself, possibly some others, and just being modest and "over it" overall.

Also interesting you pointed out. He's a Queens guy and is kind of introduced to the family through his relationship with Joey D, but it was John Castelle who wanted more guys in his crew and pushed for him to be made and placed with him? Then this guy is having to commute from Long Island to Staten Island almost every day, and be around people and areas he knows nothing about?

Curious to know more about the Lucchese's Queens presence. They had guys from Astoria, Corona, and like everyone else, migrated into OZP from Brooklyn. I'm guessing everyone is all split up and scattered outside of the Bronx guys, but it wouldn't be surprising if the Long Island crew(s) absorbed the bulk of the Queens guys. Seems like the Bonannos and Gambinos always had the most activity going on in Howard Beach though and probably still do.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

PaddyWhack wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:08 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:03 pm I thought the most telling interaction between Hootie and Pennisi was when Hootie was talking about the Genovese Family and how he loves their structure. He said he went to pick up his check for a no-show job he had, and when he got there he saw a Genovese captain working his ass off covered in cement. He was like “there I am, brand new sweat suit, brand new sneakers, collecting my no show check—and I’m just an associate!—but there’s a Genovese captain grinding away at the job site”. He said then he found out how many Westside captains and soldiers got up and went to work every day and was blown away. And I don’t mean “work” at a bar or restaurant that essentially doubled as a social club, but actual job sites and places of business.

This stood out to me as well, very intelligent way to go about that life in this day and age. There are people here talking trash about a guy working a 9-5 job while being in the mob, when the Genovese is doing that very same thing lol, guess they ain’t true mob guys lol.
The crazy thing is that Hootie said no matter what he always wanted to be with the Gambinos. A lot of guys are just attracted to that loud shit and don't just want to be a gangster, but also want everyone to know they are a gangster. Him saying that the Gambinos were like Madison Square Garden, the biggest arena, seeing Gotti Sr., etc. it's almost like a NBA player still saying they'd rather been playing in Miami in 2014 instead of San Antonio. The Spurs won with boring fundamentals and strategy basically, but all eyes were on Miami.

Any idea if the Genovese still have a presence in HB / OZP today? I'd love to know who Hootie and Gene are talking about when they mention the Genovese they've encountered (besides Ciro)
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:49 pm but it wouldn't be surprising if the Long Island crew(s) absorbed the bulk of the Queens guys.
Yeah I think that's why they have 2 Long Island crews now it used to just be the Avellino crew out there.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:03 pm

The crazy thing is that Hootie said no matter what he always wanted to be with the Gambinos. A lot of guys are just attracted to that loud shit and don't just want to be a gangster, but also want everyone to know they are a gangster. Him saying that the Gambinos were like Madison Square Garden, the biggest arena, seeing Gotti Sr., etc. it's almost like a NBA player still saying they'd rather been playing in Miami in 2014 instead of San Antonio. The Spurs won with boring fundamentals and strategy basically, but all eyes were on Miami.

Any idea if the Genovese still have a presence in HB / OZP today? I'd love to know who Hootie and Gene are talking about when they mention the Genovese they've encountered (besides Ciro)
I thought I remember Hootie, or maybe it was Gene, saying the Genovese and Colombo’s didn’t have too much of a presence in HB/OP. It’s mostly Bonanno and Gambino, and a little Lucchese. Hootie did say in one interview that before Gene got with Ronnie G, there was a Genovese crew recruiting him hard. But apparently Gene really wanted to get with the Gambinos but the captain of the crew he was trying to get with (I can’t remember who) straight up told Gene he was too wild. So that’s when Gene got with Ronnie.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:49 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:09 pm

I've said this before but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pennisi is downplaying just about everything surrounding his making and his entire made man career. Protecting himself, possibly some others, and just being modest and "over it" overall.

Also interesting you pointed out. He's a Queens guy and is kind of introduced to the family through his relationship with Joey D, but it was John Castelle who wanted more guys in his crew and pushed for him to be made and placed with him? Then this guy is having to commute from Long Island to Staten Island almost every day, and be around people and areas he knows nothing about?

Curious to know more about the Lucchese's Queens presence. They had guys from Astoria, Corona, and like everyone else, migrated into OZP from Brooklyn. I'm guessing everyone is all split up and scattered outside of the Bronx guys, but it wouldn't be surprising if the Long Island crew(s) absorbed the bulk of the Queens guys. Seems like the Bonannos and Gambinos always had the most activity going on in Howard Beach though and probably still do.
"having to commute from Long Island to Staten Island almost every day"
If I had to do that commute everyday I would quite the mob too ! I would not need another reason besides that one. Infact at the making ceremony I would bring that up..make it known I aint commuting from LI to SI everyday. Aint happening...clip me right now ! :mrgreen:
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:58 pm
newera_212 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:03 pm

I thought I remember Hootie, or maybe it was Gene, saying the Genovese and Colombo’s didn’t have too much of a presence in HB/OP. It’s mostly Bonanno and Gambino, and a little Lucchese. Hootie did say in one interview that before Gene got with Ronnie G, there was a Genovese crew recruiting him hard. But apparently Gene really wanted to get with the Gambinos but the captain of the crew he was trying to get with (I can’t remember who) straight up told Gene he was too wild. So that’s when Gene got with Ronnie.
The Genovese used to have a pretty big presence in OZP through Steve Buscemi and Ciro Perrone ,Mike DeLuca etc . Back in the 90s and 2000s on 101 Ave Romanelli funeral home ,For awhile they were very powerful and respected
And had a big presence in the area . But yea all Gambino n Bonanno , For whatever reason the Luccheses don't get the respect, Everyone knows lil Joe ain't doing shit
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

In the latest episode he says that Caporegime is a real term and only people who arnt made guys or guys who are really low ranked members wouldnt know that because low ranked guys are never introduced to anybody.So its like hes taking a swipe at gene.I think JP and ronnie g would likely still be friends because they grew up together and JP never ratted on ronnie so behind the scenes ronnie still probably still likes JP.So JP is pissed that gene keeps criticizing ronnie
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

bluehouse wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:06 pm In the latest episode he says that Caporegime is a real term and only people who arnt made guys or guys who are really low ranked members wouldnt know that because low ranked guys are never introduced to anybody.So its like hes taking a swipe at gene.I think JP and ronnie g would likely still be friends because they grew up together and JP never ratted on ronnie so behind the scenes ronnie still probably still likes JP.So JP is pissed that gene keeps criticizing ronnie
I also think John Alite attacked him in a article awhile back too