General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by funkster »

lol a crude hillbilly.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Snakes wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:32 pm It's kind of hard to make out with all the redactions but it appears that Donald Angelini was made in "1956 or 1957." That may seem young but Joe Ferriola was around the same age and both were under Fifi so it isn't too surprising, if true. Ferriola was a killer but Angelini was already a big moneymaker by that point.

Most likely in that big banquet ceremony in 1956 where over 20 members where inducted.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:45 pm Remember that Marshall Caifano was by an extension, Mooney's younger brother given he was so close with Lenny Caifano and the older brother whose name escapes me. I believe there was probably more to the story - point being, Caifano and Momo went way back and were exceptionally close.
Thats true but by the early 60s most of the old friendships began falling apart, like for example Caifano wasnt much different than Giancana. Caifano blew his cover in Vegas because of his attitude and lifestyle...he was also known for "torturing" his close associates like Frank Loverde who in turn was also close friend of Giancana....and so after screwing everything up, Caifano also received a public beating which was possibly ordered by Giancana.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Interesting to note is that Charles V. Pagano and Joseph F. Pagano were witnesses in Ross Prios naturalization papers from 1929. Im not sure regarding their relation (possible cousins) but both Joseph and Charles were store owners from around the Near North Side and were heavily involved in real estate, especially Charles who in turn lived at 1708 Larabee St and owned many shops along that same street, like for example one tailor shop Pagano & Co. at 1301 Larabee St.

Charles known as "Chas", also owned some apartments along N Sedgwick St and it seems that he was also a war veteran of WWI and in 1921 became a member of the Italian Fellowship Club, while in 1935 he became president of the National American Civic League. He also became commander of the 6th district of the American Legion and master of ceremonies.

Joseph Pagano owned a firm Joseph F. Pagano & Co. at 3343 Irving Park rd and in 1944, he became the president of the North Side real estate board. It is interesting to note that Joseph was the brother of one Carmella Bonanno (Bonano) but i dont know if her husband had any relation to the New York crime family boss. This is a good question since we know that Prio was associated with Joe Bonanno through the Grande Cheese Co.

In 1947, Charles V Pagano was instrumental in the rezoning of Larabee St and was allegedly connected to Police Commissioner John C. Prendergast. In 1950, Prendergast resigned because of investigations made by Chicagos Crime Commission.

After Prohibition, Ross Prio invested heavily in legit enterprises and during the late 1930s or early 40s he began heavily investing in real estate and never really stopped investing. So previously I wondered on what or who gave Prio a big push in this same business venture and it seems it was probably the Paganos.

Another interesting thing to note is that there used to be another Charles Pagano who lived at 1348 N Harding Av and in October 1951, was arrested on gambling charges together with four or five other individuals in a place at 6500 W Montrose Av, but later they were released. This Pagano was allegedly 56 years old at the time and again, I dont know if he had any relations to Charles V Pagano, nor to Joe Pagano but I highly suspect that he was also connected to the Ross Prio faction.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Question for the outfit folks....

I remember some super interesting video footage of the Marcello brothers in prison discussing all kinds of outfit business in in the early 2000's. Talking about the upcoming family secrets case, the spilotro murders, all in code. Anyone remember those? Any ideas on where they could be found? Or at the very least transcripts from those discussions?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

funkster wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:24 pm lol a crude hillbilly.
There she goes... :mrgreen:
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Btw, I just saw some info that during the late 1920s one Frank Caruso worked as young enforcer for old time Jewish crime boss Maxie Eisen in the fish market and some unions.

Skids Caruso was born in 1911 and so his age at the time wouldve been 18 or 19 years old, although im still trying to find evidences if it was the same guy.....
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Not directly mob related, but Fiore's deli on Erie and Oakley finally shut down last week. Great sandwiches, beef, and Giardiniera. Peppers and eggs sub with the hot giardinier' on a Friday was fantastic. One of the last of a dying breed. Glad I was able to stop in and buy several jars of the giardiniera when I was in town last. One more ghost added to the landscape of the old Chicago I grew up in.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:42 pm Not directly mob related, but Fiore's deli on Erie and Oakley finally shut down last week. Great sandwiches, beef, and Giardiniera. Peppers and eggs sub with the hot giardinier' on a Friday was fantastic. One of the last of a dying breed. Glad I was able to stop in and buy several jars of the giardiniera when I was in town last. One more ghost added to the landscape of the old Chicago I grew up in.
Also said to be the hang out for Panozzo jr’s crew hangout. Supposedly in the basement.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:57 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:42 pm Not directly mob related, but Fiore's deli on Erie and Oakley finally shut down last week. Great sandwiches, beef, and Giardiniera. Peppers and eggs sub with the hot giardinier' on a Friday was fantastic. One of the last of a dying breed. Glad I was able to stop in and buy several jars of the giardiniera when I was in town last. One more ghost added to the landscape of the old Chicago I grew up in.
Also said to be the hang out for Panozzo jr’s crew hangout. Supposedly in the basement.
Probably true as the place was a C-Notes hangout since the 70s. Pretty sure they used to hold meetings in the basement which was decked out with C-Notes murals etc.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Yep. Heard the basement was huge. Also, supposedly one of his crew members worked in the deli
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

That property was just worth to much not to sell I guess
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:14 pm That property was just worth to much not to sell I guess
Yes, and the maintenance costs on that old place were probably just not worth it. Plus with Covid and all. Nuccia Fiore gotta be like 70 ish now. Just was the time to retire I'm sure.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I dont think it was sold, it was on the market still last i saw (it's been up for at least three years now). My guess is they got sick of waiting and decided to retire. Pretty sure the young guy is their son.

Pretty bummed about this. They announced suddenly last Sunday and I didnt get a chance to restock on the giardiniera :(
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:42 pm I dont think it was sold, it was on the market still last i saw (it's been up for at least three years now). My guess is they got sick of waiting and decided to retire. Pretty sure the young guy is their son.

Pretty bummed about this. They announced suddenly last Sunday and I didnt get a chance to restock on the giardiniera :(
I have one jar left that I haven't opened. It's a precious stash for me here in NYC lol. Wish I could've had a last peppers and eggs before they closed.

They had been hinting at closing I think recently. When I went this past fall the place was showing its age and lack of maintenance TBH. Crap dripping from the ceiling onto the shelves. Guy behind the counter was like yeah whaddya gonna do this place is falling apart.