Gangland News 2/4/21

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Gangland News 2/4/21

Post by mafiastudent »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:10 am
the main ballroom of the Plaza Hotel secretly videotaping DeMeo and other Gambino wiseguys paying their respects to DeMeo's boss, capo Anthony (Nino) Gaggi at the elegant wedding reception he threw for his daughter.

I guess you missed this part. Like so many of these weddings they are a meeting spot for OC. If she didn't want her wedding to be surveilled by LE than she shouldn't have had gangsters at her wedding.

Pogo
So they're not allowed to have weddings with family and friends like everyone else in the world?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah those poor murdering gangsters. Can't those dastardly cops just let them congregate in peace. :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

mafiastudent wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:46 pm
the main ballroom of the Plaza Hotel secretly videotaping DeMeo and other Gambino wiseguys paying their respects to DeMeo's boss, capo Anthony (Nino) Gaggi at the elegant wedding reception he threw for his daughter.

I guess you missed this part. Like so many of these weddings they are a meeting spot for OC. If she didn't want her wedding to be surveilled by LE than she shouldn't have had gangsters at her wedding.

Pogo
So they're not allowed to have weddings with family and friends like everyone else in the world?
I think Pogo is saying that, if your father is a mobster, and many of those attending the wedding are also part of organized crime, don't be surprised or complain if law enforcement uses the occasion for surveillance.
All roads lead to New York.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:03 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:46 pm

Pogo
I think Pogo is saying that, if your father is a mobster, and many of those attending the wedding are also part of organized crime, don't be surprised or complain if law enforcement uses the occasion for surveillance.
Once again. They're not allowed to have family and friends like everyone else in the world? What about all the other guests not alleged by law enforcement to be members of organized crime? They can't enjoy a celebration without intrusion either?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

No, mobsters should not get a safe space where they are free from being investigated. If they don't want to be investigated then don't engage in criminal activity. And if you don't. Want to get cought up in LE surveillance than don't associate with said mobsters.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
cdc
Straightened out

Post by cdc »

I don’t get the problem mafiastudent. The civilians at these weddings aenrt losing out at all. There is still a wedding. Not like the feds are bursting in eating the food of their plate or shutting down the dance floor. 99% of the time they are just taking pictures like the wedding photographer. Also it’s likely the wedding is being paid for by proceeds of crime if the father of the bride is associated with oc.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

cdc wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:45 pm I don’t get the problem mafiastudent. The civilians at these weddings aenrt losing out at all. There is still a wedding. Not like the feds are bursting in eating the food of their plate or shutting down the dance floor. 99% of the time they are just taking pictures like the wedding photographer. Also it’s likely the wedding is being paid for by proceeds of crime if the father of the bride is associated with oc.
Exactly. She's setting up a false premise of them being prevented from having a wedding or a reception, i.e a strawman that can be easily knocked down, when that's not what happened.
All roads lead to New York.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Taking surveillance outside is one thing and completely acceptable. Inside via waiters, audio, etc. is something different.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:54 pm No, mobsters should not get a safe space where they are free from being investigated. If they don't want to be investigated then don't engage in criminal activity. And if you don't. Want to get cought up in LE surveillance than don't associate with said mobsters.
Sure, bug the shit out of Nino himself's wedding. but again, his daughter is not a gangster. her father is. She is an innocent civilian. He is the gangster. My point was simply the government has no right to breach the rights of innocent civilians.

Analogy. Your two cousins are racketeers. They come over to your house for Christmas dinner. You cool if the government bugs your house?
Without your consent?
Bugs your dinner table. Bugs the christmas tree. Bugs the kitchen where your mom spends all day cooking a turkey?

Because I would not be.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:05 pm Analogy. Your two cousins are racketeers. They come over to your house for Christmas dinner. You cool if the government bugs your house?
Without your consent?
Bugs your dinner table. Bugs the christmas tree. Bugs the kitchen where your mom spends all day cooking a turkey?

Because I would not be.

Well if I know they are active criminals and I knowingly let them and their crime crew hang out in my house than I really have no one to blame but myself if my house is surveilled or bugged. If she didn't want her wedding surveilled by LE than she shouldn't have allowed her wedding to be used as a meeting spot for the Gambino crime family.

Pogo
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:12 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:05 pm Analogy. Your two cousins are racketeers. They come over to your house for Christmas dinner. You cool if the government bugs your house?
Without your consent?

Because I would not be.

Well if I know they are active criminals and I knowingly let them and their crime crew hang out in my house than I really have no one to blame but myself if my house is surveilled or bugged. If she didn't want her wedding surveilled by LE than she shouldn't have allowed her wedding to be used as a meeting spot for the Gambino crime family.

Pogo
how many guys have been caught using phone lines in there kids name on phone taps ?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:05 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:54 pm No, mobsters should not get a safe space where they are free from being investigated. If they don't want to be investigated then don't engage in criminal activity. And if you don't. Want to get cought up in LE surveillance than don't associate with said mobsters.
Sure, bug the shit out of Nino himself's wedding. but again, his daughter is not a gangster. her father is. She is an innocent civilian. He is the gangster. My point was simply the government has no right to breach the rights of innocent civilians.

Analogy. Your two cousins are racketeers. They come over to your house for Christmas dinner. You cool if the government bugs your house?
Without your consent?

Because I would not be.
This looks fun, I'll play Devils Advocate.......

Heres the problem..... these same mobsters WOULD NOT HESITATE to use this same wedding as a business meeting, if the opportunity presented itself.

It's not a wedding, but a different scenario..... DePalmas son in the nursing home. He started conducting his meetings there because he thought it wouldnt be bugged. Fuck man, I just posted on bosses in 41bis somehow running their affairs through a lawyers office.

The Mob plays for keeps, LE learned a long time ago if it wanted to really combat Cosa Nostra, the traditional ways wont work, the mob thrives on exploiting all those legal loopholes. It's why mafias dont flourish in Despotic type regimes.....
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

And where does the authority stop? The more power you give, the less liberty you have. RICO is a perfect example of a law that was created specifically to curtail organized crime, yet since its creation it has become much more. The powers that be can and have expanded that law to fit their needs and much of the expansion has nothing to do with organized crime.

https://www.independent.org/publication ... asp?id=215

So if you take that example and use in it this wedding scenario.....you're giving free rein to the powers that be to do whatever they want whenever they want without restriction. Let's say for example that a coworker of the groom was at the wedding and has no clue that the wife's family is OC. Why should that person's liberties be infringed upon because LE has to use non traditional methods to combat OC? They could say, well, if it's a non OC person, we won't record or we destroy the tape or whatever it is, but why should LE even be given the opportunity to record people that haven't done anything wrong other than attend a wedding of a coworker who happened to marry someone related to OC -- which they wouldn't have guessed in a million years? And how do you know that tape is destroyed? Because they say so?
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

If the feds step out of line, then these mob guys would get their lawyers to fight it. But they can’t, because the FBI photographing a wedding is not illegal. So the gangsters whine and complain. But, it’s all in the game. And just because you think it’s unethical, doesn’t mean it’s illegal.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Our Core Values
Respect
Integrity
Accountability
Leadership
Diversity
Compassion
Fairness
Rigorous obedience to the Constitution

Each symbol and color in the FBI seal has special significance. The dominant blue field of the seal and the scales on the shield represent justice. The endless circle of 13 stars denotes unity of purpose as exemplified by the original 13 states. The laurel leaf has, since early civilization, symbolized academic honors, distinction, and fame. There are exactly 46 leaves in the two branches, since there were 46 states in the Union when the FBI was founded in 1908. The significance of the red and white parallel stripes lies in their colors. Red traditionally stands for courage, valor, strength, while white conveys cleanliness, light, truth, and peace. As in the American flag, the red bars exceed the white by one. The motto, “ Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity,” succinctly describes the motivating force behind the men and women of the FBI (see below). The peaked bevelled edge which circumscribes the seal symbolizes the severe challenges confronting the FBI and the ruggedness of the organization. The gold color in the seal conveys its overall value.

https://www.fbi.gov/history/seal-motto
https://www.fbi.gov/about/mission

https://vault.fbi.gov/fbi-ethics-and-in ... licy-guide

"....as FBI employees, it is our policy to adhere to the highest standards of ethical conduct....In this regard, I believe that all FBI employees want to do the "right thing" but determining what is "right" is difficult to discern."

Page 20 of the above policy. Written, btw, by James Comey, former FBI director. Also an upstanding purveyor of ethics.