General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TallGuy19
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by TallGuy19 »

Does anyone know how many made guys were in Nicky Santora's crew when they were busted back in 2013? Santora was the official captain and had two acting captains under him, but there appears to have only been one soldier under them.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

TallGuy19 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:21 am Does anyone know how many made guys were in Nicky Santora's crew when they were busted back in 2013? Santora was the official captain and had two acting captains under him, but there appears to have only been one soldier under them.
Nicky Santoro was the captain. Also in the bust were soldiers Ernest Aiello, Vito Badamo, and Anthony Santoro. The first two had served as acting captain of the crew at one point or another. I imagine there were other crew members but they weren't included in that case. No idea how many.
All roads lead to New York.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:48 am
TallGuy19 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:21 am Does anyone know how many made guys were in Nicky Santora's crew when they were busted back in 2013? Santora was the official captain and had two acting captains under him, but there appears to have only been one soldier under them.
Nicky Santoro was the captain. Also in the bust were soldiers Ernest Aiello, Vito Badamo, and Anthony Santoro. The first two had served as acting captain of the crew at one point or another. I imagine there were other crew members but they weren't included in that case. No idea how many.
I don’t believe Aiello was a soldier in Santoro’s crew. I think he was the acting capo of a Bronx- based crew.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:03 am
I don’t believe Aiello was a soldier in Santoro’s crew. I think he was the acting capo of a Bronx- based crew.
You may be right but then it begs the question why the government chart put out in that case showed Aiello has directly subordinate to Santoro.

images.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:26 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:03 am
You may be right but then it begs the question why the government chart put out in that case showed Aiello has directly subordinate to Santoro.

images.png
I remember reading that Nicky Santoro was ID’d as the underboss around that time. So I think Aiello reported to Santoro because of his rank as UB.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Santoro was ID'd as the Acting UnderBoss when he was indicted in 2007 but he no longer held that rank when he was indicted in 2013.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:48 pm Santoro was ID'd as the Acting UnderBoss when he was indicted in 2007 but he no longer held that rank when he was indicted in 2013.

Pogo
The Bonanno administration seemed like a blur around 2007-2012. If Santoro was acting underboss, who was the official underboss?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It was vacant after Vitale flipped. Joe Cammarano Sr, Mancuso and Santoro all served as Acting UnderBoss in the years following. After Santoro was imprisoned different panels were put in place to serve that role.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

What are each family's most lucrative rackets today? As in, which rackets do each particular family specialize in?
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Anyone ever heard of Russell Shorto or the Johnstown, PA mob? They were part of the Pittsburgh family, and I'm curious to know who Shorto's brother-in-law "Joe" is. He must have been a made guy who ran that area for Pittsburgh, but I can't find his last name anywhere.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/02/96315839 ... ly-secrets
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
cevreman
Prospect

Post by cevreman »

How murders stopped in 90s?Im remembering that reading guys getting killed and colombo's fighting each other in 90s,but suddenly murders stopped in 2000s,how is this happen?Did top guys agreed upon this together or they just think if they kill they get caught?
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

cevreman wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:50 pm How murders stopped in 90s?Im remembering that reading guys getting killed and colombo's fighting each other in 90s,but suddenly murders stopped in 2000s,how is this happen?Did top guys agreed upon this together or they just think if they kill they get caught?
They had agreed to a moratorium on murders that lasted roughly from the end of the Third Colombo War until the murder of Genovese acting capo Ralph Coppola in 1998.
cevreman
Prospect

Post by cevreman »

eboli wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:59 pm
cevreman wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:50 pm How murders stopped in 90s?Im remembering that reading guys getting killed and colombo's fighting each other in 90s,but suddenly murders stopped in 2000s,how is this happen?Did top guys agreed upon this together or they just think if they kill they get caught?
They had agreed to a moratorium on murders that lasted roughly from the end of the Third Colombo War until the murder of Genovese acting capo Ralph Coppola in 1998.
Because the killers get caught right?So we can say old mafia murders end with colombo war?Is there any information about the made guys reacting to this agreement?
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

cevreman wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:02 pm
eboli wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:59 pm
Because the killers get caught right?So we can say old mafia murders end with colombo war?Is there any information about the made guys reacting to this agreement?
If I remember correctly, Capeci wrote about it in detail, either for the NYDN or for Gangland. Here's one of aritcle from October 1998 in which he mentions the ban.

5357.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cevreman
Prospect

Post by cevreman »

Thanks eboli that will help..